Wow...Metal Gear Solid 4 Finally Gets Trophy Support

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sir you have no soul :lol

MGS 4 is the thing that lost the "soul" of the franchise. In the end, it became something completely unrecognizable. After I finish my platinum run, I'm putting this game away in the case and never touching it again. I will always consider it as the "black sheep" of the main series canon.

MGS 4 is the thing that lost the "soul" of the franchise. In the end, it became something completely unrecognizable. After I finish my platinum run, I'm putting this game away in the case and never touching it again. I will always consider it as the "black sheep" of the main series canon.

I will risk a flame war and put MGS3 in that category. Just in terms of story it was a step down from MGS2 since some people just could not understand MGS2 at all. Gameplay wise it was definitely the best of the four hands down.

Since were stuck with Big Boss again in MGS5, I hope Kojima brings back the Survival Viewer.

I know a lot of people don't like MGS4 but I do. There is some great stuff in there like who Meryl became and how awesome Raiden got but also the tragedy about him too. The scene where Liquid Ocelot runs him over with arsenal gear and you see him falling into the ocean and they play the sound bite from MGS2 when him and Rose first met is awesome simply because when I played MGS2 I found those calls annoying but now they seemed sort of genuine and I like them more. I also love the Old Snake design and think it was the perfect step forward for the character. There are more things I could say I think are great about the game but it would be a huge list.

Thats not to say there are not definite flaws tho. I could do away with the marriage at the end its entirely waaay too silly and sort of messed up considering Snake is out committing suicide while everyone else is partying it up. I also am not to fond of Drebin and that stupid monkey but there are thing like that I don't like in every one of the games so I am not too distraught about it.

I just got a PS3, and straight away purchased MGS 4, downloading the updates for the Trophy support :) first time playing MGS 4

Back