Medicom Blackhole Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Protozaius said:
Not too familiar with the EU history of this figure. Did he start up in the old newspaper strips? I seem to remember an all black stormtrooper in those strips.

eu_bg.jpg

For much of the Galactic Civil War, a mysterious agent of Palpatine code-named Blackhole carefully sifted through countless streams of data, distilling it into useful information for Imperial Intelligence. Blackhole had an impressive amount of resources available to him, including an entire Star Destroyer and its complement of troops and fighters. Per his orders, the stormtroopers under his command had their armor cast in black to match his own particular eccentricities. The armor modification had practical benefits as well. The stygian-triprismatic polymer afforded the stormtroopers increased sensor-stealth.

Blackhole disappeared completely during the Galactic Civil War, and his forces were absorbed by other Imperial groups. When the Empire fragmented after the Battle of Endor, some of the Blackhole stormtroopers found their way into Carnor Jax's private army.

The all-black stormtroopers first appeared in the 1979 daily Star Wars comic strips by Russ Manning. In this early era of the Expanded Universe, Kenner Toys even considered adding different colored stormtroopers into their assortment of action figures, but Lucasfilm ultimately decided to stick with what was in the movies.

Seth Gecko said:
Right but thats why i've been saying WAIT! IT'LL BE 100$ on ebay later if it's not limited.(and nobody can tell me it's not worth that.)

I guess it's all a matter of your point of view, a Stormtrooper is worth 100 bucks to me because we actually saw the white troopers in the movie but we never saw any black ones. Once again it's all up to your point of view and everyone will have a different one and put a different value and worth on a figure.

I was just tryin to help ya. you said it was to expensive or somethin so i offered a suggestion.(If you don't want it just cause it's EU i understand)

Thanks Seth Gecko :), there is a combination of reasons why I don't want it. More money for other collectibles I guess!

Darth Waller said:
eu_bg.jpg

For much of the Galactic Civil War, a mysterious agent of Palpatine code-named Blackhole carefully sifted through countless streams of data, distilling it into useful information for Imperial Intelligence. Blackhole had an impressive amount of resources available to him, including an entire Star Destroyer and its complement of troops and fighters. Per his orders, the stormtroopers under his command had their armor cast in black to match his own particular eccentricities. The armor modification had practical benefits as well. The stygian-triprismatic polymer afforded the stormtroopers increased sensor-stealth.

Blackhole disappeared completely during the Galactic Civil War, and his forces were absorbed by other Imperial groups. When the Empire fragmented after the Battle of Endor, some of the Blackhole stormtroopers found their way into Carnor Jax's private army.

The all-black stormtroopers first appeared in the 1979 daily Star Wars comic strips by Russ Manning. In this early era of the Expanded Universe, Kenner Toys even considered adding different colored stormtroopers into their assortment of action figures, but Lucasfilm ultimately decided to stick with what was in the movies.

Thanks for the info, DW! Now that you remind me I do remember these guys in the newspaper strip. I only saw the daily installments, so they were only in B&W. I clipped and saved them as long as my newpaper carried the strip, which proved not to be very long at all. 1979... GADS that was a long time ago. Boy, do I feel old. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Lotta people orderin this.Well add me to the list i just preordered,after owning the white one i know the quality that comes with it and well black with white eyes is just neat to me.

(I'm just wondering if SWS if full of crap when they say LIMITED quantity's..I guess we'll know for sure when it hits medicoms site)

i ordered one too J. We can always cancel if we find it cheaper.

nash said:
i ordered one too J. We can always cancel if we find it cheaper.

Eeeeeexctly! I think SWS.com is the only official U.S. Distributor and THEY have limited quantity. I have a feeling these will show up on ebay or another online retailer cheaper shortly after sws.com runs out.

Or more expensive.I guess it depends on how many are made,when medicom toys updates their site we'll see.

Meh,no!it's the lighting(i dunno whats up with yellow yoda though)
better pic.(they show the shiny better)

imbhageloadqn4.jpg

WCC23-029.jpg

3.jpg

imageload.jpg

Last edited:
The BHST. I've got the Clone and Yoda coming and I'll get Fett when they do him as well. Even though I'll get the SS Versions of them.

No reason to pass on a quality product now, just because another quality product will be coming out down the line:cool: .

I'm saving my cash for the Boba Fett and white Clonetrooper from this line and I'm also hoping for at least one Medicom Spider-Man 3 figure to go with my movie Wolverine.

It's gotta happen.

Back