50% off Medicom Shock Troopers!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my first look at my twin Shocks, and they looked amazing even in the box. :rock Unfortunately, I have to work until 3 a.m. now, so pics and my full review will have to wait. Too bad, too, because I'm looking forward to testing these posing limits. :)

I got off work early. So I had time for one pic. Only one. Sorry. Here it is...

2807237807_db9db62785_b.jpg

I love this figure alot, but.. I set this up next to my koto shock trooper and it makes it look like crap. I think medicom got the colors off, it's way too " red"? All of the weathering on the armor and his white parts are perfect? It's an ok figure, but for medicoms prices, I think I would go for a custom kitbash clone. Don't get me wrong, I bought into the 50% too, but it just seems like too much money for the payoff. It's my opinion, don't hate me!:monkey5

Oh, I so hate you... :emperor :lol

Watching the movie, I don't think that the colors are off. I do think that the soft plastic tends to give them a bit of a toylike quality that's going to be lacking in Sideshow's armored figures. And that soft armor makes it vulnerable to indentations from the stand clips, so be careful there.

On the plus side, the softer armor means that I was able to really dig into finding new poses without worrying so much about breakage. So that was a smart decision on the part of Medicom. I think that Sideshow solved the poseability problem by creating larger gaps between the plates (if Obi-wan is any indication).

I'm really anxious to see Sideshow's offerings to compare the two.

I don't know if anyone cares, but personally I find that SSC stands work great for these and the Medicom stands work great for the female SSC figures.

I don't know if anyone cares, but personally I find that SSC stands work great for these and the Medicom stands work great for the female SSC figures.

I buy extra Sideshow stands for all my custom SW figures just for uniformity.

As a sidenote, the long rifle really looks great with the Shockie! Is it resin or plastic or ?

Back