50% off Medicom Shock Troopers!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received mine, I am not overly impressed, but at this price I cannot complain. It displays very nice, but is very limited in its poses. This is my first medicom. I now have him outside airing out, this is the worst smelling toy I have ever gotten!

I love the smell of fresh 1:6th in the morning.

Yeah, plastics and paint are just a fun part of the hobby... although for strong smells I think Jabba wins out. He was pretty stout out of the package and the paint was even still a bit tacky.

I bought my jabba used, so I missed out on that smell! These must go straight from the assembly line into the packages. I guess thats why I read complaints about "paint rubs" on certain pieces.

Tomorrow ... tomorrow ... I love ya ... tomorrow ...

Umm ... trust me, "Annie" references do not make me gay. :eek: But my two Shocks will be here tomorrow afternoon. :rock

I miss the smell of new 3 3/4 Kenner Star Wars figures fresh from the package. Ah......

It could be the new Star Wars geek cologne, or perfume for Star Wars geek girlfriends.

Don't let on like they are nice figures! Then we snatch up the yellow clone when it goes 50%!

Just kidding (kinda), but these are nice. My opinion is for 75.00 bucks it is a nice figure, for 150.00 it is little overpriced. But, I am enjoying this one, and he makes my hasbro stormie look like a bobblehead.:D

Got mine yesterday. Its my 3rd Medicom figure. While they are decent I think they are grossly overrated. The posability seems somewhat restricted and stiff.

Decent value at $75, but no way worth $150. Can't wait to see how SSC's trooper will compare.

Got mine yesterday. Its my 3rd Medicom figure. While they are decent I think they are grossly overrated. The posability seems somewhat restricted and stiff.

Decent value at $75, but no way worth $150. Can't wait to see how SSC's trooper will compare.

Yeah...still playing with my Shockie trying to find a post I like :monkey1

I got my Shocktrooper yesterday and I love it. This was my first Medicom figure and I'm afraid I may have gotten myself hooked (especially on the troops). Now I want a 501st Trooper. I was shocked (pardon the pun) that the paint job is so accurate. Has anyone noticed that the battle damage paint is almost exactly the same as the Shock Trooper pictured in the ROTS Visual Guide? Now that is attention to detail. However, I'm not impressed with the blaster and I don't like Medicom's human figures and smaller scale size, but this Shock Trooper fits in very nicely with my Sideshow figures. It was definitely worth the $75 I paid for it; however, I don't think it is worth $150. That is way too high. I kinda wish I would have gotten two now.

I'm actually torn on whether or not to pick up the Medicoms I really want (like 501st Trooper, Shadow Trooper, Royal Guard, Jango and Boba) or if I should wait for the Sideshow versions. I know it will never happen, but I wish Sideshow would just say, "Sideshow will never do Figure X; this figure is/was produced by Medicom so pick it up from them if you want it in 1/6 scale." I feel certian Sideshow will do a Boba Fett and Jango Fett eventually, but I'm not sure how far they will go on troops and since Medicoms troops seem to fit in (I know the Stormtrooper and Shadow Trooper don't) with the Sideshow figures I don't want to miss out any that Sideshow may never make. Guess, I'll just have to pick and choose the Medicoms I want and take my chances. I know that if Medicom starts doing the clone commanders like Cody, Gree, Bacara, & Bly, I will have to pick them up. I just don't think Sideshow will ever make all those. I really wish Medicom and Sideshow would work together more and make figures that compliment each other rather than making the same figures (i.e. Jedi Luke, Vader, Stormtrooper).

Got mine yesterday and i have mixed feelings about it.
Not as articulated as i thought it would be.
Definatly not worth $150 imo but at $75 i can live with it.
Also what does evryone here think the color of red should be?
I noticed the Medicom is a very bright red and my GG mini bust along with my Koto Shockie seem to be a darker red.

One of things Sideshow talked about was actually altering the design of the armor so they could increase the poseability. So hopefully that will lead to better posing than the Medicom ones.

Mine arrived at my office today ... half an hour after I'd left. :emperor Damn FedEx and their inconsistencies...

Pics galore and a review tomorrow on "The Collective..."

Mine arrived today as well. Again, I follow the consensus on here that the $75 price tag is a decent price. If I paid $150 on it, I would've felt ripped off. It's def. restrictive with the way they designed the armor, especially with his right arm. On the plus side, it fits in well with my other 1/6th scale SS SW figs.

Yep, I agree. At $75 he's a great figure but anymore and I would never have gotten him. Mine is still in the box for now. Every once in a while I open the flap and peak in. Nice looking figure I think.

Mine arrived today as well. Again, I follow the consensus on here that the $75 price tag is a decent price. If I paid $150 on it, I would've felt ripped off. It's def. restrictive with the way they designed the armor, especially with his right arm. On the plus side, it fits in well with my other 1/6th scale SS SW figs.

Might be due to the way the elbow pad's strap is hitting the joint. Mine can bend his a bit past 90 degrees if I play with the armor a bit.

Flip side is I know some arrive defective, as Mike Crawford's review of his 501st shows.

Back