KOTCS Indy PF...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
production_indy_31.jpg

production_indy_32.jpg

sorry for the onslaught of photos! I'm no Maulfan, but I tried to take some decent photos. I really enjoyed opening this guy up today.
Trev

Trev, great shots-- and as usual, you nailed it!!!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I bow to your awesome talent! :bow:bow

Well said DarthNeil. Trev, those shots are FANTASTIC! You nailed the sculpt, once again...and the factory paint apps look PERFECT! Love all the futzing you did to the clothes too...looks PERFECT! Can't wait for this one now!!! :gun

P.S., Hope you're lined up for ALL future incarnations of Ford for SS...All INDY and HAN SOLO sculpts FOREVER!!! :chew

Got mine the other day too and I just got on the wait list last week. I almost passed on it, but so glad I didn't. I think the jacket is quite an improvement on the Raiders one and the likeness even better.

I put one of the silicon packs in his bag to give it some mass and weight. Should the strap be over the jacket though?

Anyway, if you thought you wouldn't want this because you already have an Indy - that was my thinking too. But now that I have him I think I need 2 more from the other films. As long as the poses are significantly different like this one.

I will admit how torn I am on this piece, I liked about half of the film; but definately think this PF is one of SS best ever.

:eek

Maybe just a regular is in the cards for me.

I do not have the piece in hand, but some of you take better pics than Sideshow. It has it's problems, but they can be fixed. It is a VERY impressive piece.

Has anyone taken it apart? Do the arms come off easily? I ask this because anyone who would have a custom jacket made would like to know ...

Also, could someone please take some pics of the Webley pistol.

Thanks.

just a quick reply- the strap of the satchel is worn on the outside in KOTCS. It wouldn't be difficult to put it under the jacket if you want him that way.
Trev

Can't wait to see pics of yours when you get him properly 'futzed'! :whip

Okay, here it is. Forgive the crappy photos; I have a crappy camera.

Now, this is what I meant when I said the front flaps of his jacket want to fold over like lapels due to the way he was packed:

DSC00003-2.jpg

To fix this, I'm using the strap on his satchel to hold it in place. That should solve the problem in time.

DSC00004-1.jpg

So, here's the final product. I adjusted his gunbelt to its tightest point but it still rides too high on his hips compared to the movie. Indy also wears the holster alternatively on his hip or slung in front, but I find that having over to his side gives the impression that he's either resting his hand on the butt of the gun, or he's reaching for it.

Other than that, the only adjustments I made were to cut the threads holding down his jacket lapels; I find they hang more naturally this way. I hiked up his pants as best I could, and played around with the wrinkles at his bent hip to make them look less...odd.

Note the matching bases on the two accessories, by the way. Very cool.

DSC00002-4.jpg

just a quick reply- the strap of the satchel is worn on the outside in KOTCS. It wouldn't be difficult to put it under the jacket if you want him that way.
Trev

Ah, I see. Thanks Trev, I guess since I have only seen KOTCS once I am not as knowledgeable as I am with the other three films. Funny how I was always worried about Harrison Ford being in another Indy film and found out he was the best thing about Crystal Skull.

It really is a great piece, but I don't regret cancelling it. I just want one Indy PF and I'd rather have a younger version. If there ever is a TOD Indy PF and it looks better than Raiders PF, I'll get that one.

Great pics everyone!

It really is a great piece, but I don't regret cancelling it. I just want one Indy PF and I'd rather have a younger version. If there ever is a TOD Indy PF and it looks better than Raiders PF, I'll get that one.

Great pics everyone!

See that's my logic too, but I know that if I take the plunge on this one I will open the floodgates and will get the eventual TOD PF Indy too, then the LC PF and then Mola Ram, you get the idea. I have my Raiders Ex. for now but it's getting harder to resist seeing all these pics of this amazing PF

I think this pose is a great representation of the Character...

SSC did a great job on this, improving the outfit and paint apps... the attitude is def there on this sculpt. Congrats Trev, and all you Guys who scored this. :gun

Back