Official Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anything I should do to keep the pleather material in good shape? I'm worried that over time it's going to start cracking

I'm so paranoid that I just pose him with arms straight up and down. Really wish there was a top material like the pants to use instead

Unless you put the figure into a hermetically sealed dispaly case with perfect humidity, perfect temperature, and no UV intrusion...you might as well just accept that the pleather will decay.

That was my first thought when I opened him. Flashbacks of my molted Anakin tabbards. :panic:

My Anakin's still fine (or he was a year or so ago :(). But that's easily remedied by cutting one out of leather. I've also toyed with the idea of swapping out the CG's uniform with that of the [feminine product] Commander. Not accurate, but the color's closer to the original CG, and there's no pleather. My biggest concern is SSC's Vader going the way of the Hasbros. I constantly check along the stitching to see if the material has started separating. When that happens, that's gonna be a ****ing travesty. :panic:

The suit from my talking Darth Vader from the late 90s completely disintegrated. :horror The suits from the Anakin/Vader set are fine. I do recall the material being somewhat different though.

Adam posted some pics to Instagram. Interesting to see that a beret was planned but dropped. Would have been kewl, not that I would have used it. I think the Vipers would look good with it.

13156836724_326f1e672a_o.png

Adam posted some pics to Instagram. Interesting to see that a beret was planned but dropped. Would have been kewl, not that I would have used it. I think the Vipers would look good with it.

I agree. That head and beret would have been great for the Viper Exclusive instead of the tanker style head they gave them.

I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm kinda far away from my figure and won't be home anytime soon. Could someone post a picture of their guardsmen with the Fred sculpt, chest flap removed and the collar up?

Its a few simple additions but they make a world of difference. MANDO nailed it, I did the same to mine.

Back