Official Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does look really good. Did you have to apply all the little gill things inside the emblem? If so ...that's crazy.

Thanks guys. He's going to be '85 as hell.

That does look really good. Did you have to apply all the little gill things inside the emblem? If so ...that's crazy.
No, nothing that extreme. 'Faces decals are similar to temporary tattoos. You peal off the paper side, apply the decal where you want it (as a whole) and then carefull peel the reverse side off. With things like this I generally rub the the symbol into the fabric before peeling off the clear backing.

Nice! Is that a vinyl decal? How did you affix it?

The whole scoop plus more. :exactly:

Managed to snag the exclusive from a member here. It arrived on Saturday.
I am very happy with it.
Really takes me back to my youth!
Just wondering how to remove the cobra sigils from the tunic?(It's not for this one. I want to do a custom with the tunic later and learning how they can be removed will be handy to know). Mainly the one on the sleeve, but if that can be removed, so can the front one i suppose.

IMG_3033_zps4eb38453.jpg:original

IMG_3032_zpsa72d9370.jpg:original

IMG_3031_zps19a9f065.jpg:original

What is that thing in the back corner? (Not Hitman, the other back corner)

The head is from Solider Story USMC WWII Machine Gunner (great sculpt!), the armor at least is from a Character Options Doctor Who Cyberman:
cyberman12.jpg

Yes. The Armour is from the Cyberman. I am working on a suit of armour akin to Iron Mans' using the cyber armour as a base. I also have a few pieces of sideshow clone armour to use(Upper legs, lower arms) which will be altered to disguise their origins. I'm going to add more Iron Monger-esque hydraulic arms on it.
The entire body is a Soldier story figure wearing a black bodysuit. I dremelled all the armour out to fit on that body so it's a lot more poseable than before.

IMG_2657_zps0874005a.jpg:original

IMG_2658_zps0800a78d.jpg:original

IMG_2659_zps270b49a7.jpg:original

Can you please share how you got the original decal off the jacket?
I want to remove the markings from mine, but i am wondering what you used to remove the original stamped decals.

Acetone. You have to do little bits at a time or it will destroy the pleather. Just do a couple wipes, rinse, and repeat.

a bit late to the game..trying to get some joes/cobras back in my collection..got this beauty in a trade...very nice out of the box...swapped him to a boba body(with new forearms)...taped down a few things...tightened him up a bit...may switch out the rope and buttons for silver ones later on...but all in all...very happy with him..
crimsons_zps09aa3b14.jpg

Back