KOTCS Indy PF...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh...I'm a bit torn here. I don't mind the clothing similarities because in reality Indy's clothing in KOTCS to me looked the most like ROTLA (which I thought was done purposely for connection purposes). I agree with the multiple postings that the sculpt is great. The pose doesn't really bother me too much either. What is killing me is two fold. The clothing doesn't seem tailored correctly, the shirt or jacket isn't fitted correctly so it makes him look like he has no neck, which is giving the stumpy fat facial appearance. Next and more troublesome are the paint apps. SSC can't keep doing this. On 1/6 figures its not good but at least that is slightly more affordable to get repainted. The cost of a PF should equal immaculate paint apps, not to mention the trouble of sending it somewhere for those who aren't as talented as some of our customizers and the cost around it makes PFs at this point to be not worth the cash on standard human characters. NOT to mention if the proto looks this bad in terms of paint apps, the production usually goes down a peg so I hate to see what prods look like.

Allow me to share with you what this PF looks like to me...

ParisJones.jpg

:joy:joy:joy

Great... that means just having it in the room you'll obtain a burning, itching sensation that is the gift that keeps on giving.

The photos do seem to be obscuring the likeness for some reason... but at least based on the photos from Trevor it looks spot-on. But still no need for me to own the KOTCS Indy.

As others have pointed out, the clothes are entirely recycled from the ROTLA version, which is pure B.S.

Is that literally true? If so then I will agree wholeheartedly in the tailoring at least being incredibly lazy. I also see how those with the Raiders PF would be turned off to displaying two PF's next to each other with the EXACT same outfit.

Is that literally true? If so then I will agree wholeheartedly in the tailoring at least being incredibly lazy. I also see how those with the Raiders PF would be turned off to displaying two PF's next to each other with the EXACT same outfit.

Form me an Indy outfit is an Indy outfit. I am and never have been interested in making notes of costumes and how they change ever so slightly between movies. The main problem is the darn paint app.

Maybe they chose KOTCS specifically because of the cost savings involved with reusing materials despite the probability that this is the least wanted of several other Indy variations or different characters all together. Kinda like the biker scout.

Just went back and forth between pics of the two PF's. The pants on the KOTCS Indy are definitely lighter so those at least are different. And I agree about the importance of paint Badmoon which is why I'm concerned about not being able to remove the new Indy's head.

Form me an Indy outfit is an Indy outfit. I am and never have been interested in making notes of costumes and how they change ever so slightly between movies. The main problem is the darn paint app.

I agree with you here. I guess I am one of the few who got this and will be displaying it next to my Raiders PF. I am hoping eventually we get all four and I can make a real nice display out of it with all four Indys.

Just went back and forth between pics of the two PF's. The pants on the KOTCS Indy are definitely lighter so those at least are different. And I agree about the importance of paint Badmoon which is why I'm concerned about not being able to remove the new Indy's head.

Yeah I don't think that heads coming off easy. Judging by that one photoshop though it looks like a repaint is a MUST if you buy this.

Oh by the way...

Sideshow Exclusive

The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Paris Jones - Kingdom of the Crystal Hotel Premium Format Figure
includes a unique feature available nowhere else:
Mr. Biggles Artifact

ParisJones2.jpg

GET YOURS NOW!!!

:ccheerlea:moon:ccheerlea

I don't know, For what it is and what it represents I think the PF is another landslide success. I'm not seeing any issue with the paint or sculpt. I've been going through reading what everyone else has said about it and I just don't see the faults others are seeing. My only issue was the pose looked a little forced and off balance, but the newer pictures it looks fine.

I agree with you here. I guess I am one of the few who got this and will be displaying it next to my Raiders PF. I am hoping eventually we get all four and I can make a real nice display out of it with all four Indys.
So, by that rationale you're going to have 3 of the same Indy's on display, just in different poses? This is why the differences in costumes are there in the first place - to differentiate between films. There is only one piece of his gear which remained the same in all 4 films, his bag. That's it.

So, by that rationale you're going to have 3 of the same Indy's on display, just in different poses?

don't forget the headsculpt , base and few minor changes too.
Overall its a completely different statue and has a different feeling to it. Regardless of its clothing.
My favorite movie is " Leon the professional ". If they released 3 different premium formats from that same movie in different poses I would buy them all.
I can imagine there are loads of massive Indy fans that would buy all 4 movie statues even if all there clothing was the same.

You'd think that LFL would have learned that doing KOTCS merchandise was a bad idea.

I wasn't going to order this PF no matter how good it looked. I'm not all that interested in getting a second Indy PF in any style (PF's are large, so only a few are ever going to be displayed at one time - I'd prefer them to be across lines and not all the same character), but had KOTCS not been a steaming pile of crap I wouldn't mind an old Indy. However, I'd rather forget that movie, not immortalize it in my house.

All that being said, I do think the sculpt is top notch. The paint kills it though, especially the eyes, eyebrows and hair. Sideshow has to get the paint work/materials used to look more realistic at this price point.

Well said Michael

Agreed. An Indy oufit is an Indy outfit. The paint app does need to be improved IMO.

I'm getting one and plan on displaying it in our living room.

I don't know, For what it is and what it represents I think the PF is another landslide success. I'm not seeing any issue with the paint or sculpt. I've been going through reading what everyone else has said about it and I just don't see the faults others are seeing. My only issue was the pose looked a little forced and off balance, but the newer pictures it looks fine.

The only fault I see is the paint...everything else looks good to me. And that's all that matters in the long run.

I love the pose and I have it on order as well. The unpainted shots that Trevor showed sold it for me. I'm just very happy that I can paint as well as I can, the paint here looks horrible.

As my wife put it, "The skin tone is too white, he looks sick." And "Hair is painted too old, his eyebrows and hair was not THAT white."

I believe she is 100% correct. :D

But I still ordered it, the head will look awesome painted.

If I could paint half as good as you Josh I wouldn't worry about paint apps either.

Back