KOTCS Indy PF...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't purchase PF statues anyway, and this is definitely not the piece to make me change my mind. The sculpt looks almost perfect, although I think the nose is maybe just a tiny bit too big, and the paint is somehow emphasizing this and making it look worse. It's not a bad paint job, but that high-res photo of the face shows eyes that look dull and fake - if HT can get more realistic looks in 1/6 for less money, then SS needs to completely up the realism in their paints.

The body looks posed unnaturally, or at least uncomfortably, and from what I can see it's just an exact reproduction of the previous PF's costume (this actually wouldn't bother me personally since I've never really noticed any difference, but there are die-hard fans who have and the nature of a PF suggests that as many minor details as possible be reproduced).

Not including the Crystal Skull seems like a huge swing and a miss. I don't buy the Best Buy/LFL license restriction on not including the Crystal Skull. If anyone can point me to anything from SS that supports this, I'll happily reconsider, but a board member or two stating it here as fact does not make it true. Still, they've obviously got a Crystal Skull mold and aren't using it... and since their Indy line with KOTCS PF and German Indy 1/6 is a lesson in how to release a product with the least possible original product development, I guess there must be a reason.

I don't buy the Best Buy/LFL license restriction on not including the Crystal Skull. If anyone can point me to anything from SS that supports this, I'll happily reconsider, but a board member or two stating it here as fact does not make it true.

It may or may not be the case, but it is certainly likely; at any rate it sounds like the perfect "Ask Sideshow" question.

:wave

Ex is sold out already.
Looks like it can't be that bad then :)

Sideshow is holding them back like they did with German Indy to manipulate demand. Watch for Grandpa Jones to be on Second Chance.

I'm kinda surprised the Exclusive sold out already, but the ES is only 300. I think the Regular is gonna be good enough for quite a few people though.

Sideshow should consider using the painting techniques from the guys at HOT TOYS..At least for their PF'S....Recent paint techniques and applications looked cheap on certain of their last PF's IMO.It was nice, 4-5 years ago,but it seems Sideshow has problem adjusting to new techniques or Cant seem to keep themselves ahead of the curve in their discipline....or are they just too lazy:confused:Cause, indeed the sculpt of this is a masterpiece...but painted it looks like ..well, not good.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Technically its fine or on par, but just I don't see it as an "attractive" item. I really don't see how anyone would want this when there are so many other cooler SSC products out there that makes me go "sweet" or "yeah cool". Can't believe there is a market for a $275+ statue of a sad and decrepid looking Indy. Doesn't even have an aire of the character's former awesomeness. Just looks like a sad old hasbeen, which even the (bad) film didn't necessarily leave me with. Kinda betrays the character to me.

Thats fine that you don't but there are folks like myself that do. I'm glad to have this on order and will keep it over possibly ordering other things. It does a great job of representing Indy at this stage in his characters history.

*They announced the ES fairly quickly from last night. 300 is smaller than I expected it to be but hey I've got my order in.

Seems Sideshow chose the wrong ES for the wrong PF. :monkey3

I'm guessing the regular comes in at 500.

I had (and after seeing the Hi-res images have) no intentions of buying this piece. I like when I have no interest in buying stuff and then am wowed by how good it came out. This piece isn't one of them for me. Ford is upthere in age, but this PF makes him look older. The pose is ackward. What I think is making it more ackward is that I don't get the sense that the weight of his body is resting on that left arm which inturn doesn't appear to be resting on his left leg.

I think the sculpt is definitely spot on. The paint isn't too bad, I think some of the lighting and photos make it look worse than it actually is because some photos it looks good, others it does not.

I think the sculpt is definitely spot on. The paint isn't too bad, I think some of the lighting and photos make it look worse than it actually is because some photos it looks good, others it does not.

I am disappointed with the pictures that's for sure. I have more than already discussed my displeasure. However, my number ? of 300 is safely pre-ordered. If it comes out and is crappy I will simply cancel. For now I can only how that the production piece is better than the proto.

I am disappointed with the pictures that's for sure. I have more than already discussed my displeasure. However, my number ? of 300 is safely pre-ordered. If it comes out and is crappy I will simply cancel. For now I can only how that the production piece is better than the proto.

Same here got my Ex locked in. I still think, regardless of the final photos I will be keeping it. I mean it is Indy for Christ sakes, good or bad, Indy is mine.

I had to pass on this one. I just can't add old Indy to my collection, especially with pretty much the same outfit. I wish SS had put out another character or TOD Indy with the torn sleeves and machete.

Back