KOTCS Indy PF...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and ordered one. Whether I keep it or not will depend on whether they improve it a bit. I don't have a problem with anything other than the paint job. I have till the 4th quarter to decide on keeping him.

Technically its fine or on par, but just I don't see it as an "attractive" item. I really don't see how anyone would want this when there are so many other cooler SSC products out there that makes me go "sweet" or "yeah cool". Can't believe there is a market for a $275+ statue of a sad and decrepid looking Indy. Doesn't even have an aire of the character's former awesomeness. Just looks like a sad old hasbeen, which even the (bad) film didn't necessarily leave me with. Kinda betrays the character to me.

I dont even know what the EX is supposed to be....why is it significant?

I dont even know what the EX is supposed to be....why is it significant?

It's the gold mask of Francisco de Orellana a Spanish Conquistador. He was looking for El Dorado and found the Crystal Skull of Akator.

Indy discovers the Mask in his tomb when searching for the Skull.

Ex is sold out already.
Looks like it can't be that bad then
I'm very glad and I hope all of those who put in the pre-order will hold onto them. I want more Indy and this will hopefully keep him afloat at Sideshow.

Good question. Why not the crystal skull?

IJ posted that Sideshow's deal with LFL and Best Buy prohibits them from producing a Crystal Skull in 1/4 scale other than the piece that was included in the DVD pack.

Sideshow should consider using the painting techniques from the guys at HOT TOYS..At least for their PF'S....Recent paint techniques and applications looked cheap on certain of their last PF's IMO.It was nice, 4-5 years ago,but it seems Sideshow has problem adjusting to new techniques or Cant seem to keep themselves ahead of the curve in their discipline....or are they just too lazy:confused:Cause, indeed the sculpt of this is a masterpiece...but painted it looks like ..well, not good.

Sideshow should consider using the painting techniques from the guys at HOT TOYS..At least for their PF'S....Recent paint techniques and applications looked cheap on certain of their last PF's IMO.It was nice, 4-5 years ago,but it seems Sideshow has problem adjusting to new techniques or Cant seem to keep themselves ahead of the curve in their discipline....or are they just too lazy:confused:Cause, indeed the sculpt of this is a masterpiece...but painted it looks like ..well, not good.

completely agree. Was just talking about this with a friend on msn.
Seems with sideshow being so popular now and not having much competetion in this area they think its ok to not do there best.
That kind of sucks...

IJ posted that Sideshow's deal with LFL and Best Buy prohibits them from producing a Crystal Skull in 1/4 scale other than the piece that was included in the DVD pack.

IrishJedi also posted that KOTCS Indy is wearing the EXACT same outfit of the Raiders PF, which he clearly isn't. :D ;)

I had to pass. I just am not feeling it. Something is off with the nose in some of those pics. I was not a fan of the movie much, either.

Back