Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried sculpting emily browning/Baby doll's likeness several times and it is hard, especially for an amateur like me. Heck, i'm happy if even 1 person other than me can see some semblance of the likeness in my sculpts. And this HT sculpt is hands down a whole different level. Mine looks like cartoon garbage when compared to this. But here's the thing...we KNOW hot toys can do better than this, especially Yulli. Other companies can do the outfit and accessories just as well but hot toys' edge is the cut-above-the-rest-dead-on-likeness HS. Don't get me wrong, this sculpt is definitely passable for Babydoll. And it's a great sculpt in general, very realistic. But i expected more from the talented folks from HT. The GG sculpt is more cartoony but it captures the likeness of emily browning more than this current sculpt. Come on, HT, we know you can do it better! :)

Anyway, from someone who studied this face very intently over the past few months, here's my constructive criticism:
1) The outside corners of the eyes should droop a little downward more
2) The nose is too big (emily browning has a very petite nose)
3) The upper lip should be much fuller
4) The make up is wrong (hehe i even studied the make up tutorials on you tube)

Minor tweaks.

Last edited:
Well I tried a little bit to improve it with ps, looking at this picture specially:

sucker-punch-baby-doll.jpg

r1a7o4.jpg

I think that looks really good.:clap

The HS definitely looks way too serious and not 'cute' enough (for lack of a better word)...it's close, but everyone should be serious, HT will obviously revamp the sculpt before release.

Figure looks great....and the character had a blank vapid stare so it works.

But the movie was just awful.

Yeah I imagine the Sucker Punch fans are pleased either way. I bought the extended Blu Ray version, after being recommended to by some of the people on the board, and I plan to watch it with some pals in a few days. I hope to also become a Sucker Punch fan.

*in before a wave of people posting smartass comments about how I'll be disappointed or how the movie is doing bad*

i havent seen the movie, but it seems people either love it or hate it. Some friends of mine saw it and didnt like it at all. Do most of you who are buying the toys then recommend the movie?

As for Supes, Cap & Bats: I dropped Supes & Cap already but plan on getting Bats depending on the price. I'm 50/50 on the SP ladies, I'm hoping for some tweaks in the near future to push me over the edge :rock
Yeah I'm all for improvements on any figure :hi5: HT figures higher on my 'to get' list seem to lack in likeness for some reason, like Babydoll, Supes, Bats (What? :dunno ), & Blade. Whereas figures I know I ain't getting (or have a slight interest in) seem closer to it's real life counterpart, like Harry, Sweeney, Barney, & T1 + 2 Arnold :D

I don't think I'll drop Supes, Cap or Bats (if I can manage to get one). I'm a bit worried with price inflation, if I were to drop a pre order, then decide I want the figure later on :D

Maybe the best HT likeness goes to ..... Spiderman :lol

i havent seen the movie, but it seems people either love it or hate it. Some friends of mine saw it and didnt like it at all. Do most of you who are buying the toys then recommend the movie?

All I can tell you is I liked it. But I've always like movies that make you think. And this one will do that. I guess I'm one of those who likes films that end up cult films. But you have to decide for yourself. Some people didn't like the Extend version. I did, but saw the Theatrical Version first. And it will make you veiw the movie different.

To me this movie is similar to FFVII Advent Children, in that the story (not that great :D ) comes secondary to the cool action sequences. I've seen the movie maybe once, but the action sequences are worthy of multiple viewings to me :D

Edit: & I was thinking of purchasing these figures even before I saw the movie, based on the cool character designs & trailer :D

Except the action sequences aren't that great either. Visuals are great... but Advent Children has way more entertaining and creative fights.

I'll check it out.

Though it wasn't the matter of how much there was... but the quality of the fights in general. Like that three giant samurai encounter; it had so many things going for it, but the actual fight was a bit uninspired. I'd say that the fight choreography wasn't anywhere near AC's imagination. The only thing that kept interest in SP was the visual style. But that's just me.

Back