Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to dig up and old thread, has anyone seen the 3rd party Babydoll sets, wondering if they'd be any good?

They’re fine – not in the same league as the official Hot Toys version, though. Tailoring is functional but clearly inferior.

I’ve got the Very Cool Blade Girl outfit (TJ 03): https://www.ekiahobbies.com/vc-tj-0...encent-game-third-bomb-blade-girl-1-6-figure/

And the Super Duck Girls’ Uniform (C 018 B): https://www.ekiahobbies.com/sud-c018b-super-duck-female-figure-girls-uniform-in-blue/

There may be other, better knockoffs, but these are the two that I have. Comparison pictures follow. All of them are shown on a MMS 157 Hot Toys Babydoll body.

The real MMS 157 Babydoll has Velcro enclosures on the top and skirt (the buttons are all decorative). It is an incredibly accurate replica of Emily Browning’s outfit.

Very Cool has the stripes right, and has long enough sleeves (they’re tighter, though). The neck is cut wider, and it lacks most of the decorative buttons and belt loops. The patch on the arm is just Velcroed on and easy to remove, although that leaves a black Velcro dot under it. The skirt has a metal snap and the top has two plastic snaps to fasten them – as you can see, the uppermost plastic snap on mine is detaching (it was like this when I got it). The scarf is a separate piece. The collar and stripes are noticeably less ‘weathered’ than the real thing. It will fit on a bigger bust than the MMS 157.

Super Duck has a different stripe pattern and very short sleeves. It has ‘battle damage’ that shows underboob on most figures (the MMS Babydoll is, accurately, not as well-endowed as most female bodies currently on the market). It has two decorative buttons on the skirt, but is missing the ones on the front of the top and sleeves. The skirt attaches with Velcro like the official product, and the top does not have an enclosure at all – you have to pull it over the figure to get it on. The scarf is attached. The collar and sleeves are weathered to be the right shade. It lacks belt loops for her gun harnesses, as well (although those would be in the battle damaged region). It will also fit on a bigger bust than the MMS 157.

I hope this helps. They’re fine stand-ins for what they are, but not as good as the original.

uniform comparison.jpg

babydoll comparison.jpg

very cool comparison.jpg

super duck comparison.jpg

They’re fine – not in the same league as the official Hot Toys version, though. Tailoring is functional but clearly inferior.

I’ve got the Very Cool Blade Girl outfit (TJ 03): https://www.ekiahobbies.com/vc-tj-0...encent-game-third-bomb-blade-girl-1-6-figure/

And the Super Duck Girls’ Uniform (C 018 B): https://www.ekiahobbies.com/sud-c018b-super-duck-female-figure-girls-uniform-in-blue/

There may be other, better knockoffs, but these are the two that I have. Comparison pictures follow. All of them are shown on a MMS 157 Hot Toys Babydoll body.

The real MMS 157 Babydoll has Velcro enclosures on the top and skirt (the buttons are all decorative). It is an incredibly accurate replica of Emily Browning’s outfit.

Very Cool has the stripes right, and has long enough sleeves (they’re tighter, though). The neck is cut wider, and it lacks most of the decorative buttons and belt loops. The patch on the arm is just Velcroed on and easy to remove, although that leaves a black Velcro dot under it. The skirt has a metal snap and the top has two plastic snaps to fasten them – as you can see, the uppermost plastic snap on mine is detaching (it was like this when I got it). The scarf is a separate piece. The collar and stripes are noticeably less ‘weathered’ than the real thing. It will fit on a bigger bust than the MMS 157.

Super Duck has a different stripe pattern and very short sleeves. It has ‘battle damage’ that shows underboob on most figures (the MMS Babydoll is, accurately, not as well-endowed as most female bodies currently on the market). It has two decorative buttons on the skirt, but is missing the ones on the front of the top and sleeves. The skirt attaches with Velcro like the official product, and the top does not have an enclosure at all – you have to pull it over the figure to get it on. The scarf is attached. The collar and sleeves are weathered to be the right shade. It lacks belt loops for her gun harnesses, as well (although those would be in the battle damaged region). It will also fit on a bigger bust than the MMS 157.

I hope this helps. They’re fine stand-ins for what they are, but not as good as the original.

View attachment 449008

View attachment 449009

View attachment 449010

View attachment 449011

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/so-toys-1-6-SO-T02-Sucker-Punch-Baby-Doll-Cloth-Set-for-12-Action-Figure/173539684735?hash=item2867c5717f:g:uKoAAOSwmTdbeAqm

Oh, great find - that does look very cool, and much more accurate and complete than other knockoffs. Unfortunately, since I don’t own it, I can’t effectively compare it for you. I’m sorry.

Oh, great find - that does look very cool, and much more accurate and complete than other knockoffs. Unfortunately, since I don’t own it, I can’t effectively compare it for you. I’m sorry.

I think I'll get it as the HT Babydoll is going for stupid high prices and I can make my own for about £100.

Oh what could have been had Sucker Punch been a hit. :gah:

KWR4.gif

GreedyParallelIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.gif

If they had just stuck to the Dream sequences being the movie, instead of all that depressing rape-mental institution crap, it would have been. But, that was about the time Zach Snyder proved he had an interesting visual style, but he’s a $#&t director/storyteller.

Has anyone had a custom stand made for her? A figure of her level deserves a nice stand.

Also, while I have your ears...has anyone ever come across someone offering 1/6 scale maps for her map holder?

I don't mean like a diarama, just a nicer stand with graphics of it.

Ahh, okay. I was just thinking that a base like one of the ground scenes from the movie would be cool, with a hole for a HT crotch grabber.
It doesn’t need to be a dio base. Just a little bigger than a normal one. Perhaps even big enough to fit Babydoll and Amber.

Back