Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's a nice shop. The changes are subtle which means they are a lot more doable than some of our other suggestions.

125rt3d.png

Looking at this more, it really pops now, it conveys a bit more softer emotion than the Icy stare of the figure at the moment

While it does seem to look more like Emily Browning, the expression also seems too passive for posing with guns and swords (at least to me it does). Maybe we are better off as is. :dunno

Great, but all you've been doing is replying to other (few) people who agree with you with emoticons. That's not making things any better. And HT sure isn't getting any help from it.
Great, but all you've been doing is following me around this entire thread quoting & commenting on all my comments. Why is my opinion so important to you anyway that you feel the need to reply to every post I make? If you don't like what I have to say then ignore it, simple as that. You're not making things any better by pretending the sculpt is dead on accurate either. Maybe you're & some other hardcore SP fans are ok with shelling out upwards of $200 for a mediocre sculpt & that's fine, but I'm not and I'm guessing others aren't either judging by the comments I've read. There are way more than a "few" people who hold the same opinion about the sculpt as I do, you're obviously in denial.

But wait a minute... it's okay to bash this without any feedback, but it's not okay to bash an (bobble-headed, stumpy legged, QC ridden) EB fig? Alrighty.

Where exactly did I "bash" this figure? You're exaggerating. The only comment I made that can be construed as negative was that I said this looks like a Triad figure, and compared it to Jade Van Helsing (which I think is a nice figure btw). If you don't like it, too bad. I never compared this to Lola as you ranted about earlier. I also said I think the clothing and accessories for this set are GREAT, yet you have nothing to say about that conveniently.

but it's not okay to bash an (bobble-headed, stumpy legged, QC ridden) EB fig? Alrighty.
This is the 3rd time you've brought up an EB figure from another thread that has nothing to do with SP during this discussion. I have no problem with legitimate criticism for figures for any company, and currently I own more HT figures than any other so you're not making much sense taking this path. If I see a flaw in a figure I'm interested in buying from HT or any other company, I'm going to say it and discuss it whether you like it or not. Get used to it.

While it does seem to look more like Emily Browning, the expression also seems too passive for posing with guns and swords (at least to me it does). Maybe we are better off as is. :dunno

You think so? I can imagine her with a gun aimed at someone's head while having that expression. It's determination, but not as aggressive looking. I think it fits the design more. Maybe he could shop a more dynamic picture with the same expression and see if it works.

You think so? I can imagine her with a gun aimed at someone's head while having that expression. It's determination, but not as aggressive looking. I think it fits the design more. Maybe he could shop a more dynamic picture with the same expression and see if it works.

It's hard for me to tell at just one angle. I guess it could work, but I'm already starting to get used to the original sculpt as it was intended to be seen, lol.

I fully agree dude! The likeness does improve a bit, but the determination of the look decreases.
I'd rather have HT's current sculpt than the photoshop one.

You're not making things any better by pretending the sculpt is dead on accurate either. Maybe you're & some other hardcore SP fans are ok with shelling out upwards of $200 for a mediocre sculpt & that's fine, but I'm not and I'm guessing others aren't either judging by the comments I've read. There are way more than a "few" people who hold the same opinion about the sculpt as I do, you're obviously in denial.
I like this figure :chase :lol

Might sound silly to a few of you, but I'm probably as (or a bit more) excited about this figure as I am about Supes, Capt A & Bats :D If I had to drop one, it wouldn't be this.

As long as we're happy as individual collectors right? :hi5:

Pffft ..... that was part of my proto edit & I decided to alter the nose :pfft: :lol
Nah jokes :clap Good job. I was actually editing it again to only have the eyes & lips edited a bit, but you beat me to it :D

I like this figure :chase :lol

Might sound silly to a few of you, but I'm probably as (or a bit more) excited about this figure as I am about Supes, Capt A & Bats :D If I had to drop one, it wouldn't be this.

As long as we're happy as individual collectors right? :hi5:
That's cool Larry, if your happy with what you see now I'm sure it will only get better for you :D

As for Supes, Cap & Bats: I dropped Supes & Cap already but plan on getting Bats depending on the price. I'm 50/50 on the SP ladies, I'm hoping for some tweaks in the near future to push me over the edge :rock

Back