Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, don't tell me, tell these guys asking for a more sexy expression, a better body and more accuracy on what is basically a 12" doll with swords and guns.
if that's not one of the worst lamest excuse ever, i dont know what is. doesnt matter if it's a 12" 'babydoll' or it's a 12" rambo. ht already set the standard: movie characters CAN look realistic in 12". accuracy and realistic expression are the gold standard. so just because it's a character of a girl with swords and guns, doesnt mean she deserves less.

you guys complained about "whiner" all the time, but lame excuses like that are even worse. they are counter productive. let me tell you, the ht crew dont get where they are now by being easy-to-please; they are where they are because they're bunch of nitpicky bastards. believe it.

125rt3d.png
no offense, but i prefer the original ht's proto over all the photoshoped pics so far, the above tweak included.

while i agree the ht's sculpt is less than perfect(the dead eyes are the worst part imo), you guys are focusing too much on it and ignoring the rest. the problem it looks less than realistic is because the clothing looks like they're made for a doll, rather than a representation of the real thing. the material used are too thick, the seams are too obvious. you see how in all the pics the sailor collar hang loose above the fig's neck, or how the belt(and the waist line of the top uniform & miniskirt) hang a bit loose? those are signs that the material used are too thicks and two sizes too big. now, these things may not bother you at first glance, but let me tell you... little things do add up to the overall impression.

less than perfect sculpt + less than fitting clothing + visible wrist poa + head don't mesh well with neck(either head is too big for the neck, or vice versa) = less than realistic fig.

surprisingly to me, the one thing that always was a detriment to ht's past female figs is now actually a plus here. i'm talking about the rooted hair. i also thought the legs with the stocking are perfectly sexy as is.

if that's not one of the worst lamest excuse ever, i dont know what is. doesnt matter if it's a 12" 'babydoll' or it's a 12" rambo. ht already set the standard: movie characters CAN look realistic in 12". accuracy and realistic expression are the gold standard. so just because it's a character of a girl with swords and guns, doesnt mean she deserves less.

you guys complained about "whiner" all the time, but lame excuses like that are even worse. they are counter productive. let me tell you, the ht crew dont get where they are now by being easy-to-please; they are where they are because they're bunch of nitpicky bastards. believe it.

:goodpost::lecture:hi5:

All I can tell you is I liked it. But I've always like movies that make you think. And this one will do that. I guess I'm one of those who likes films that end up cult films. But you have to decide for yourself. Some people didn't like the Extend version. I did, but saw the Theatrical Version first. And it will make you veiw the movie different.
there's no thinking required in sucker punch. at all.

To me this movie is similar to FFVII Advent Children, in that the story (not that great :D ) comes secondary to the cool action sequences. I've seen the movie maybe once, but the action sequences are worthy of multiple viewings to me :D

Edit: & I was thinking of purchasing these figures even before I saw the movie, based on the cool character designs & trailer :D
advent children action set pieces are masterpieces(bummer that the story is crap), while the actions in sucker punch feel borrowed from stuffs already seen.

trailer and character designs look great though, agreed.

Though it wasn't the matter of how much there was... but the quality of the fights in general. Like that three giant samurai encounter; it had so many things going for it, but the actual fight was a bit uninspired. I'd say that the fight choreography wasn't anywhere near AC's imagination. The only thing that kept interest in SP was the visual style. But that's just me.
correcto.

Im disappointed with the HS...I cant belive Yulli made it. She is my favorite sculptor. this was a let down, I wont get it unless the HS is fixed.

Has anyone read the description of Babydoll on HT's Japan website?
At the end it says the following:
"Keep your eye on the future of the lineup!"
(translated from Japanese by google translator)

That gives me hope, that they are seriously planning more figures and are already expecting the Sucker Punch figs to sell well.

Has anyone read the description of Babydoll on HT's Japan website?
At the end it says the following:
"Keep your eye on the future of the lineup!"
(translated from Japanese by google translator)

That gives me hope, that they are seriously planning more figures and are already expecting the Sucker Punch figs to sell well.

I totally missed that! That does give some more hope that we'll see more. I really want to collect figs of all the ladies of Sucker Punch, especially Sweet Pea and Rocket now that Baby and Amber are a done deal.

I want Baby Doll and the one with the tomahawk. Dont remember her name since I only saw the movie once.

^^thanks. I gotta get the movie soon. I hope its s deleted scene of BD dancing.

Back