PREMIER TOYS 1/6 Leader of Marauders (The Humungus)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyekye

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
The 1/6th scale Leader of Marauders Collectible Figure features:
- Highly realistic detailed soft head sculpt with individually hand rooted wisps of hair
- 1/6 scale body with 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 34 cm tall
- Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair gun holding hands
- One (1) pair C-grip hands
- One (1) pair closed fist hands
- One (1) pair grasping hands
Costume:
- One (1) Steel colored mask with mesh wire detail, black leather straps and rivets
- One (1) black cervical collar with rivets and brace
- One (1) black leather body harness with straps running around the torso particularly on the shoulders and sides with rivets detail.
- One (1) black leather straps running around the waist and groin with rivets detail.
- One (1) black pair of leather hot pants shorts
- One (1) black soft PVC bracelet with rivet details on right forearm
- One (1) black soft PVC gauntlet with rivet details on left forearm
- One (1) brown faux animal fur cape
- One (1) black pair of combat boots with gray socks detail
Weapons:
- One (1) Smith & Wesson .44 caliber Model 29 long barrel revolver with a scope.
- One (1) Metal three-pronged melee with femur bone detail handle.
Accessories:
- One (1) highly detailed gun case with photograph, military pins, extra bullets and medals
- One (1) 25 cm. long chain
- Figure stand
103141xpvivqoif8jizlcj.jpg

103142aovwyyv6ou1j8vs7.jpg
103143q2wnhyddty5thrxz.jpg
103144h01rvjr6jj8dj16d.jpg
103145lay17qkkuutkuyky.jpg
103145tmr3sqqywdpmm2rq.jpg
103147svpmosl1jglhtjnj.jpg
103148jfzlhtf9lhte4cii.jpg
103149i5wwe5mkmzi85ikz.jpg
103150px7sjcdolglzdixs.jpg
103152jaf7vvfwrfoafo6d.jpg
103153o7s1yzbnvlvybyln.jpg
103153thvfq1zmmzom0ane.jpg
103156li1qzgp5ek00qee1.jpg
103158o898k889dttq70ba.jpg
103201fgrrbhrryhb8pbao.jpg

YA-HOO!

I saw it earlier and have been checking out the pics. Premier has gotten so many of the little tiny details right, I'm surprised... right down to the breathing holes in the hockey mask and the little odd leather pieces attached to the S&M straps.

But then, I'm not sure about that body either. It's supposedly over 13 inches, so that's plenty tall... but those ugly knees. On the plus side, no deterioration... on the down side, those fugly knees.

I wish there was a closer look at the head/mask -- I'm really curious how they did the eyes inside there. Hopefully some hi-res pictures come.

But whatever, it's a one-stop shop for HUMUNGUS... I just have to buy it. Just to support Premier's going DEEP into the Mad Max world. I love it!

YA-HOO!

I saw it earlier and have been checking out the pics. Premier has gotten so many of the little tiny details right, I'm surprised... right down to the breathing holes in the hockey mask and the little odd leather pieces attached to the S&M straps.

But then, I'm not sure about that body either. It's supposidly to be over 13 inches, so that's plenty tall... but those ugly knees. On the plus side, no deterioration... on the down side, those fugly knees.

I wish there was a closer look at the head/mask -- I'm really curious how they did the eyes inside there.

But whatever, it's a one-stop shop for HUMUNGUS... I just have to buy it. Just to support Premier's going DEEP into the Mad Max world. I love it!

The figure is surprisingly tall at 34 cm. That's over 6' 8" !

The actor, Kjell Nilsson, was only 6' 2 1/2".

It should make for a very impressive figure, but 5' 9 1/2" Max is going to look like a kid next to him. lol

He doesn't look so big with Wez... despite the measurement conversion. Anyway, better too tall than too small.

I see a Phicen body swap possibility anyway on this one. Although I hope I don't have too.

And someone contact Premier -- he absolutely should come with his MICROPHONE! Don't "walk away" without it!

YA-HOO!

But then, I'm not sure about that body either. It's supposedly over 13 inches, so that's plenty tall... but those ugly knees. On the plus side, no deterioration... on the down side, those fugly knees.

I wish there was a closer look at the head/mask -- I'm really curious how they did the eyes inside there. Hopefully some hi-res pictures come.

The body is interesting to me - It could be useful for a few custom/kitbash figures I'm looking at.

If I settle on a straight-leg pose for Humungus -- which is highly likely -- I actually like the body then. Plus, it will be alot easier to paint/weather him up.

This figure will be another one that requires a little explanation when guests view the collection.

No, he's not an S&M guy or the Gimp from Pulp Fiction...

He doesn't look so big with Wez... despite the measurement conversion. Anyway, better too tall than too small.

I don't know, I think he looks pretty tall here:

103154yhf779k7f2yk2tyf.jpg

But it is better to be on the taller side. I imagined him to be taller anyway.

I see a Phicen body swap possibility anyway on this one. Although I hope I don't have too.

When I saw the photo in Kit's thread before reading the text I assumed it was a 1/12 figure...

461850-103201fgrrbhrryhb8pbao.jpg

Visible joints don't bother me much. Knees only start to look really bad when they're bent, as in the bike riding shot, and my figures are usually in more relaxed poses.

Because he's tall he'll likely be standing behind someone.

Premier Leader of Marauders - Humungus 4.jpg

Mad Max 2 Humungus 1.jpg
Mad Max 2 Humungus 2.jpg

Some differences but still a nice inclusion with the figure.

The photograph is completely different - Premier has used a random wedding photo. The skull and crossbones is different, as are the medals.

The contents of the box are:

The pin hanging over the photo seems to be a 'Tin Hat Day' badge. Each year the United Returned Soldiers fund sold these on the street as fundraisers for ex service personnel. The name comes from the fact that the badge is the shape of the Australian (and British, Indian etc) Army helmet of WWI & II vintage. There were various levels ranging from unprinted tin to printed brass priced accordingly. The pins in the picture are printed in reverse ... blue over brass ... but there were variations each year.

The middle (blue) pin does seem to be an ANZAC Day pin of some sort ... I've seen many like it ... and it does look like a 'rising sun' emblem in the centre.

The pin on the right is another fundraiser, this time for the red cross ...

The 1939-1945 Star, The Atlantic Star, The Air Crew Europe Star, The France and Germany Star, Africa Star, Pacific Star, The Burma Star, or The Italy Star.

These medals are basically been there, done that awards, denoting that the wearer was in service during those particular times or places.

The second and last medals (they look like coins showing a man wearing a rounded hat) are either:

- The War Medal 1939-1945. This medal is awarded for 28 days full time service between 3 September 1939 and 2 September 1945.

- The Australia Service Medal 1939-1945. This medal is awarded for 30 days full-time or 90 days part-time service in the Australian Defence Force between 3 September 1939 and 2 September 1945.

https://www.madmaxmovies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9167

Finally, in Lord Humungus’ gun case we find a Prussian Totenkopf which is combined with another small detail greatly expands the lord’s character. During the night torture scene, Humungus can be heard reciting “Mein Sohn, mein Sohn” and “Mein Vater, Mein Vater”. These are lines from the Prussian philosopher Goethe’s (pronounced Ger-ta) poem “Der Erlkönig”. The poem describes a child who cries to his father that he is being attacked by unseen forces. The father ignores the boy and when he finally looks down, the child is dead.

Perhaps Humungus is using this is a metaphor for the collapse of society. More impressive is Humungus (presumably an Australian soldier) delivering this in the German tongue. From this tiny quote, we know Lord Humungus is tremendously well educated as he is able to recite an 18th century German poem from memory.

https://theradlands.com/2016/09/14/the-complexity-of-lord-humungus/

There are also some Australian army buttons and a shoulder badge.

And there's a chance for the Gyro since they made that whole stage. Not completely sure I would get it, but I have a bigger affinity to the Captain than Doof.

Back