1/6 Toys Ace - TE0002 Clone Detective (Rick Deckard, Blade Runner)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. The shoes of the Toys Ace figure look like a huge improvement over the original Dark Toys ones. Those were the cheapest part of the entire figure back then. The belt and holster as well.
I also wouldn't mind a better quality badge...

Which body did you use?
I used a Coo Model narrow shoulder body and it's almost 31 cm tall now. Harrison Ford is supposed to be 185 cm. So that sounds about right...

Adding wire to the coat shouldn't be too hard. Though I haven't tried it yet. However I did relocate the collar pattern:

View attachment 684674

It was a bit of work but I think it looks better now so it was worth it.
Shirt collar looks fantastic nicely done 👍

Same here. The shoes of the Toys Ace figure look like a huge improvement over the original Dark Toys ones. Those were the cheapest part of the entire figure back then. The belt and holster as well.
I also wouldn't mind a better quality badge...

Which body did you use?
I used a Coo Model narrow shoulder body and it's almost 31 cm tall now. Harrison Ford is supposed to be 185 cm. So that sounds about right...

Adding wire to the coat shouldn't be too hard. Though I haven't tried it yet. However I did relocate the collar pattern:

View attachment 684674

It was a bit of work but I think it looks better now so it was worth it.

Well done with the collar!

I can't remember which body I used. In my list of figures I usually record all changes I make, but for some reason I missed recording that. It's a narrow shoulder of some kind that I extended the ankles on. Trouble is his trousers are too short now.

If I reduced his height again he'd look better, but that would irritate me as well knowing he wasn't tall enough.

I'm still amazed how many steps backwards this was from Dark Toys' release. I'd seen some progression in every successive unofficial Deckard til this one. Was looking for anything I could pick up to upgrade on mine, but I don't there is; at this stage anyway.

1705894556827.png

The new figure's shirt does have the buttonhole 'fringe' but it is incorrect so doesn't really matter.

I prefer the rust color of the Dark Toys overcoat, and the darker brown pants.

For this outfit the darker pants are more accurate. Agreed this doesn't really seem like an improvement in any single area, plus the Dark Toys can still be found for a reasonable price too.

1a5fb9e0b93c3e7840f861f0a64d30f4.jpg

anyone know the finishing of belt, holster? are they matt or satin?

Well done with the collar!

I can't remember which body I used. In my list of figures I usually record all changes I make, but for some reason I missed recording that. It's a narrow shoulder of some kind that I extended the ankles on. Trouble is his trousers are too short now.

If I reduced his height again he'd look better, but that would irritate me as well knowing he wasn't tall enough.
Thank you! :)

How tall is yours now with the extended ankles?

Shirt collar looks fantastic nicely done (y)

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you! :)

How tall is yours now with the extended ankles?

I just measured him the best I could without messing him up and he looks to be 12.125" from the top of the base to the top of his head.

Deducting the thickness of the soles of his shoes he'd be just over 12".

Harrison's actual height has been claimed as 6' 1", though Celebheights' best guess is a peak at 6' ½".

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Harrison-Ford-152.html

If he was 6' ½" that'd be 12.08", which means the figure is practically perfect.

However, getting him that tall meant his trousers became too short, as aptly demonstrated by TonTon's photo above which shows them covering the back of his shoes.

True. Just checked your picture on the last page again. They really look a little too short.
Maybe getting rid of the velcro fastener, thus making them a little wider (and sewing them shut) and then pulling them down some more would help...?
Pants on those figures usually sit a bit too high anyway most of the time...
Only if it really bothers you that much...

True. Just checked your picture on the last page again. They really look a little too short.
Maybe getting rid of the velcro fastener, thus making them a little wider (and sewing them shut) and then pulling them down some more would help...?
Pants on those figures usually sit a bit too high anyway most of the time...
Only if it really bothers you that much...

I pulled them as low as they would go, though I didn't loosen his belt so there might be some more give in them yet!

Back