1/6 SWToys FS061 Miss Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, while I'm always happy to see another Lara figure, did we really need another one from SW? Why the f*** isn't anyone else doing this franchise?
Lara's one of the most popular characters in gaming, yet everyone seems to think "she wouldn't do well". Yet she always sells out. And this is SW's versions we're talking about. 😩
Also, that sculpt, doesn't look like SW's usual stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the project MT was working, but then found out SW was also making the same figure, and then probably just sold them the sculpts or something.
Well, at least TBL is working on a bunch of new body colors. Looks like it'll be an instant swap with this one. Kinda wish they just gave her a cheapo poptoys and drop the overall price down to 140 since their figures always need customization of some sort to be half decent.

Yeah, I rather have set kits from swtoys than a full figure. Lol especially when it comes to more popular characters like Jill or Lara. Swtoys bodies are trash, I have Jill’s, Lara’s and Alice’s body in storage with zero use for them. This body will have the safe faith. They should at least update the boots since they don’t match the 2013 version or Rise version. I don’t hate swtoys but their figures are always lacking something and the final product looks so basic and plain. This figure has no right to be $190. lol

I'm a fan of the first reboot game and will be getting this.
Probably gonna custom it into Original Outfit and Militarized outfit.

Haven't kept up with swtoys. How's their production quality compared to the prototype? I'm guessing there's no shot it actually ends up looking like this? There's weathering on the body as well, which I can see getting wiped off due to it being on silicone.

5sviHZC.png

Swtoys products are usually a miss… imo lazy with the final product. Their last RE figures have been mediocre especially the sculpt just being straight up plain and lacking details, especially realistic sculpts. That weathering if I were going to guess it’s probably going to be like their Zombie Jill and just going to come off with the lightest touch. From the looks it’s of it the accessories are pretty good but some are either missing or not accurate at all. Most of the clothing tends to undersized and tight on other bodies if you plan on doing a body swap. The sculpt looks and definitely some Master Team would be behind it. For me I want them to fix the boots mostly, even add the missing belt and watch and I can do without the body. Probably why the figure is $190. Once in hand I’ll definitely use a Hot Toys female body with seamless arms.

Swtoys products are usually a miss… imo lazy with the final product. Their last RE figures have been mediocre especially the sculpt just being straight up plain and lacking details, especially realistic sculpts. That weathering if I were going to guess it’s probably going to be like their Zombie Jill and just going to come off with the lightest touch. From the looks it’s of it the accessories are pretty good but some are either missing or not accurate at all. Most of the clothing tends to undersized and tight on other bodies if you plan on doing a body swap. The sculpt looks and definitely some Master Team would be behind it. For me I want them to fix the boots mostly, even add the missing belt and watch and I can do without the body. Probably why the figure is $190. Once in hand I’ll definitely use a Hot Toys female body with seamless arms.
Save your money. Almost a guarantee the final product will be terrible.
Shame. Seems they fall into the cheap bad production tier of third party companies.

Well, on the plus side, at least you get what you see with SW. So if you PO this and are already disappointed with it, then at least you won't be much more disappointed when it finally shows up.
And then 2 years later you'll finally be happy you got it when you see it up on ebay for $1000 with 40 watchers. 😅

I was tempted at first, even though there were elements that were off, which is characteristic for SW. There's often a cheapness, corner cutting and lack of research with their products.

They often need upgrading, but with this Lara there's so much off beginning with the body itself.

I have nine SW figures, two of which I broke down to use their heads, bodies and some of the parts for other figures because I was never satisfied with them. They were the first Hannibal Lecter with the obscenely tight overalls, and the Rise of the Tomb Raider London Casual outfit which looked completely off.

Every part of the London Casual found another use, so she wasn't a waste. The sculpt was so tiny that it would scale better with a TLOU Ellie body, but I did use it on SW's Siberia figure as on balance it was still better than the one they'd provided.

Their best looking figure out of the box that I have is the second Hannibal (in the blue overalls). I think the sculpts were even more accurate than Blitzway's as they had the thinning hair on top.

The American Ultra Phoebe Larson remains an unusual figure in the collection.

The most recent of theirs I got is the RDR2 'Sadie Adler'. Hardly Sadie, but she includes some good parts, not counting the ridiculously tiny boots and undersized plasticky hat.

Overall, I think of SW as a company you only buy from when there isn't currently a better option elsewhere.

Yeah I think SW is the only option when it comes to TR sadly lol.

I'm glad they're still doing it though and not selling for an absurd price with how things are going lately.

Well, on the plus side, at least you get what you see with SW. So if you PO this and are already disappointed with it, then at least you won't be much more disappointed when it finally shows up.
And then 2 years later you'll finally be happy you got it when you see it up on ebay for $1000 with 40 watchers. 😅
Haha yeah.. when I started collecting not that long ago, I kind of wanted that Red Coat Lara but wasn't willing to pay $500-700+ for it … :(

Haha yeah.. when I started collecting not that long ago, I kind of wanted that Red Coat Lara but wasn't willing to pay $500-700+ for it … :(
Damn I didn't know MT Rise Lara was going for as much, just checked ebay. I remember she was under 200$. Very nice figure but definitely not worth of 700$ and these companies think she isn't popular lol
WE NEED TO TALK :monkey3

kind of nuts how all of the third party lara figures have gone for like double of what their retail was

Just grabbed an extra Claire body off ToyAnxiety. Gonna probably use it for Lara after modding the height
Heh I was thinking of doing the same thing but just couldn’t pull the trigger on going down the rabbit hole of modding this figure to look better. I’m hoping Master Team will do another Laura eventually so that I may not have to mod as much if at all like I would this figure

Back