Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson

Aren't there already cheap "man in suit" figures? If so people could just pick up a Coulson headsculpt and that gun off Toy Anxiety and call it a day.

Very true Robbie.

Me personally, I think avemgers was actually a pretty lame flick and never got why people dug it but I'm happy for those who are into it to get all these figures down to the most minor characters but where it really strikes me in a place that gets me upset is that there were so many lines I wanted desperately that hot toys ruined by focusing on a weak character, or just not finishing like Watchmen who were all more visually interesting all around and they didn't make the main character.

And they've slammed guys in suits more times than I can count and go and make this figure a full release it drives me up a wall with my intolerance level for avengers stuff. (that being said I'm pumped for hulk and will be hard to pass up black widow cause she looks fantastic, which is interesting because I disliked iron man 2, avengers and I'm not a scarlet johansson fan).

Even something like pulp fiction, okay I get it it's 20 years old almost fine, whatever but no James bond stuff, they said inception was too lame because it was a guy in a suit... Took 4 years to do comissioner gordan (man I sound like a Nolan weenie all of a sudden lol.)

It's not the fact that they are making this that gets me upset as much as it is I'm upset over what they are not making.

But then the realist in me realizes that this is the second highest grossing movie of all time and disputing that or whining that it's overrated is a loosing battle so I better whipe my tears pick up my ball and go home.

yup. hating on avengers in an avengers thread? kinda like installing airconditioning in the sun, isn't it?

sorry that billions don't agree with you about the movie. such is life sometimes.

:wave :peace

Aren't there already cheap "man in suit" figures? If so people could just pick up a Coulson headsculpt and that gun off Toy Anxiety and call it a day.
There's something to be said for a nicely-tailored suit, and this figure has that. Every other 1:6 scale suit I've seen looks like ____.

Very true Robbie.

Me personally, I think avemgers was actually a pretty lame flick and never got why people dug it but I'm happy for those who are into it to get all these figures down to the most minor characters but where it really strikes me in a place that gets me upset is that there were so many lines I wanted desperately that hot toys ruined by focusing on a weak character, or just not finishing like Watchmen who were all more visually interesting all around and they didn't make the main character.

And they've slammed guys in suits more times than I can count and go and make this figure a full release it drives me up a wall with my intolerance level for avengers stuff. (that being said I'm pumped for hulk and will be hard to pass up black widow cause she looks fantastic, which is interesting because I disliked iron man 2, avengers and I'm not a scarlet johansson fan).

Even something like pulp fiction, okay I get it it's 20 years old almost fine, whatever but no James bond stuff, they said inception was too lame because it was a guy in a suit... Took 4 years to do comissioner gordan (man I sound like a Nolan weenie all of a sudden lol.)

It's not the fact that they are making this that gets me upset as much as it is I'm upset over what they are not making.

But then the realist in me realizes that this is the second highest grossing movie of all time and disputing that or whining that it's overrated is a loosing battle so I better whipe my tears pick up my ball and go home.

Yes, I know what you mean... Why make figures of second highest grossing movie of all time when they can produce figures using Raymond Ferraro choose of options?

Not fair at all!

Yeah, but for what they'd have to charge to make their money back on those pieces it might just be cheaper and easier in the long run to just buy the full figure. The head would probably be $50 and the gun at least $25. Plus the $60+ suit you'd buy, maybe upgrade the crappy body to a TT for another $45 ish, and you're basically already at the price Coulson would be but you have lesss accessories.

Did Kato design it?

No idea, but if I had to guess I would say he did. Intothevoid or Kato, can you confirm by chance?

I actually don't know but I doubt it. I don't think HT would care to spend Kato $$$ on Coulson.

Would love to be proved wrong though.

Is Kato like the 1/6 Versaci or something?

More like 1/6 Armani :lol

Actually debated on contacting Kato to see if he would make me a black version of the Draper suit.

Maybe ask him if he has any prototypes of his MIB suit he can sell ;)

Yes, I know what you mean... Why make figures of second highest grossing movie of all time when they can produce figures using Raymond Ferraro choose of options?

Not fair at all!

They've already made 8 figures, a ninth of a character that is so visually bland is just a waste. In five years whose gonna even recognise who this figure is supposed to be of.

They've already made 8 figures, a ninth of a character that is so visually bland is just a waste. In five years whose gonna even recognise who this figure is supposed to be of.

I will :wave

In five years whose gonna even recognise who this figure is supposed to be of.

Coulson is a character with a cult following. One could have said the same thing about other cult characters and you'd never know if they're proven wrong till after the fact.

i bet they are using this to counter enterbay's men in black line. lolz

Who was the big green one again? :dunno

Do you have any idea how many people have seen and will see Avengers? :slap

Do you have any idea how many people have seen and will see Avengers? :slap

Has no bearing on this figure. People may love him as a character but as a figure it'll be very un-intersting on a shelf. The look is just very bland, nothing exciting other than the BFG to look at.

People don't buy Predator or Tron merchandise just because they like the characters, they buy them because they look unique and cool.

This won't.

Almost anyone will recognise Spider-Man as Spider-Man on a shelf in five years, same with Iron Man and and a Tron Lightcycle, i don't imagine people would immdiatley think of that guy who was in Avengers a few years back when they see this.

Hardcore fans will get him, but even that isn't assured as the price will be too high for some of those and tons of other figures coming makes some choose to skip.

Next to Noland this is the most niche character they've chosen.

The Chitauri at least looks visually interesting, so that'll get some sales based on its unique look alone. This is nice for hardcore completionist fans, but has no pulling power for any others.

Last edited:

Don't tell me why I do or don't buy figures. I'll buy this guy because 1) I love the character 2) he'll fit in with the other avengers figures 3) he may just be a guy in a suit but I think he looks cool.

Has no bearing on this figure. People may love him as a character but as a figure it'll be very un-intersting on a shelf. The look is just very bland, nothing exciting other than the BFG to look at.

People don't buy Predator or Tron merchandise just because they like the characters, they buy them because they look unique and cool.

This won't.

Almost anyone will recognise Spider-Man as Spider-Man on a shelf in five years, same with Iron Man and and a Tron Lightcycle, i don't imagine people would immdiatley think of that guy who was in Avengers a few years back when they see this.

Hardcore fans will get him, but even that isn't assured as the price will be too high for some of those and tons of other figures coming makes some choose to skip.

Sao Feng was another

There are two reasons to collect these figures.

First reason - you find the figure itself impressive.

Second reason - you like the character.

Most of us straddle both, but characters like Coulson or Fury or Pajamas Cap are only going to appeal to those who collect characters. Those looking for impressive figures will stick to Loki, Iron Monger and the Pirates line.

This won't.

The Chitauri at least looks visually interesting, so that'll get some sales based on its unique look alone. This is nice for hardcore completionist fans, but has no pulling power for any others.

Dear Nova:

I see you are upset about the amount of figures in the Avengers line, somehow seeing this as HT having decided to pass on making figures that you personally want. Reality check as follows:

1. As a single individual, HT does not care what you personally want. Nor do they care what I want.

2. "X figure [pardon the pun] created means Y figure is not created" exists only in your own head. There is zero evidence this is what HT is doing.

3. You think Predator and Tron stuff looks cool. This does not mean everyone does. For instance, Star Wars bores me to tears. Yet I am not in every SW thread crying about how SW stuff being made is stopping stuff from my favorite franchise being made. You seem to think that if you cry long enough, HT will take pity on you and cancel Coulson and the Chitauri.

Dream on.

4. In five years, who will remember "X-Men: First Class"? I won't. I havent even seen the damn thing, and have no plans to. I have heard nothing but ill about it, to be honest.

5. People like Coulson, just like you like the characters portrayed in the collectibles you purchase. Your argument here seems to be "I don't think he's cool, so HT STOP THIS CRAZY THING!" as you run endlessly on the same little treadmill of angst. Good luck with that, it does not seemed to have worked well for you so far.

The character deserves his own figure and if you do not like it, that is too bad. Its going to happen anyways.

Someday soon it will be your turn to get what you want, so stop whining already and be patient, like everyone else has to be patient. DEAL WITH IT.

Liked the movie but was never a fan of this guy, why would they make a $200 figure of a side character who looks like an accountant anyway :huh

This won't.

Yep, he doesn't scream 'buy me i'll look great as a figure' more like 'i was a cool character but not merchandise worthy'

Liked the movie but was never a fan of this guy, why would they make a $200 figure of a side character who looks like an accountant anyway :huh

Yep, he doesn't scream 'buy me i'll look great as a figure' more like 'i was a cool character but not merchandise worthy'

Because Coulson is the most badass mother ______ on this planet and he saved the world all with a smile.

Back