Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson

Makes me wish Two face was comming out now his suit could stand an upgrade

Why so much whining? For once they are completing a line and not offering a Pink Iron Man Mark VIIIIXIII. No one is making anyone here buy Coulson. I think it's awesome he's getting a figure.

Over the years I have collected a variety of things and been a fan of a variety of things and as such have been on a plethora of message boards.

The one thing I've learned?

Fans _____. Everywhere. There is nothing unique about this forum in that regard.

I hope this is a 2 in 1 set. Or do they expect us to buy a chituari and Coulson figure separately with minimum accessories?

They did that with Bane. Heck, Coulson already has more accessories than Bane! :lol

Coulson has been in Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Marvel's The Avengers as a supporting character and he has also been the main character in two short films The Consultant and Something Funny Happened On The Way To Thor's Hammer.

Over the past 4 years this guy has been more or less responsible for bringing together The Avengers and in the end of all things it was his sacrifice that united the broken and scattered team and led them to save the world from an alien invasion by the Mad Titan.

Coulson has become one of the highlights of Phase One and will be missed so it's only fitting that he gets his own figure to commemorate his time in the MCU.

Couldn't have said it better! Great post! :exactly::clap

Now bring on Banner and Hill next! :pray:

I hope this is a 2 in 1 set. Or do they expect us to buy a chituari and Coulson figure separately with minimum accessories?

If it's a 2 in 1, forget buying multiple Chituari! :slap

That's a very nice surprise!
Not a fan of the character so no buy for me but I see why many collectors will and can't blame 'em at all.
Man, it's good AND bad to be a Marvel fan these years :lol

I'll have to say pass on this one.
Thank goodness I'm not a completist. :D

If you want. Do you just love buying things 2 by 2?

The chitauri's character importance and the fact that it will just be a figure with a weapon and some hands doesn't make it that attractive to me that it should deserve an individual release with the same price as their other figures with minimum accessories. I'd prefer it if they sold the chitauri's the way SSC did with the Infantry Droids. 2 in 1 set at a good price. :dunno

The chitauri's character importance and the fact that it will just be a figure with a weapon and some hands doesn't make it that attractive to me that it should deserve an individual release with the same price as their other figures with minimum accessories. I'd prefer it if they sold the chitauri's the way SSC did with the Infantry Droids. 2 in 1 set at a good price. :dunno

Well, I think the "good price" is the key. A 2 for 1 or a 1 for reasonable could get me to grab 2 or 3, but $200 will mean I don't grab any.

I'm actually glad he is being made too. Not every figure needs to be an eye catching superhero to be a cool figure. Sure he's just a guy in a suit, but that is what his character was too, but you couldn't help but like him. He's easily recognizable in the context with the other figures. He's not one I'd display by himself and expect people to know him, but have him next to Fury or Stark or the gang and anyone that has seen the films ought to get a nice chuckle out of seeing him with the other figures.

I think Hill is just a matter of time now.

:goodpost:

Coulson is just a likeable character. Has been ever since he first showed up in IM. Even when he's somewhat antagonistic, like in Thor where he steals Jane's research and captures Thor and stuff, you just can't hold it against him.
Also his dry humor and comments make him a great character. Even though I truly hated to see him die, it was a great choice because right then, in that moment, you realise what importance this character had and that it's a damn shame we won't see him again in the Marvel movies.

I think it's great that he gets his own figure. It's not a visually striking appearance. It's not a superhero. It's a very capable SHIELD agent in a suit, and one of the best and most important characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Well, I think the "good price" is the key. A 2 for 1 or a 1 for reasonable could get me to grab 2 or 3, but $200 will mean I don't grab any.

Exactly. IMO 150 dollars is already too much for one chitauri...

would this be considered a simpler figure to make? If so i would be quite happy if this filled the 3 month gap between Widow and IM/HULK

Back