Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy mother of God. Fantastic work. I still have my Coulson in original Avengers gear but want to change up to the later seasons of AoS. He looks so cool in the later episodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never saw anyone else try it, so I figured it out myself

2jGe2lD.jpg

Basically took this off ebay (not a hot toys one, just a diecast trinket in the same scale)

CE6Cemnl.jpg

Ground off the star, carved in the eagle

SsPhgGol.jpg

Filled it and sanded it and painted it one thousands times

DN3xK8Ul.jpg

Molded it

bz36vXCl.jpg

Cast them

cDxvpP2l.jpg

Added some detail, the fist has a magnet embedded inside so it doesn't show on the back of the hand, the shield has a magnet glued on the inside. Not perfect but it makes it movable and removable

EmbogSJl.jpg

Its an energy shield, so it has to glow too (europium glow powder and gel gloss medium painted into the lines)

u1radBc.jpg

Took easily about 20 casts to get the process right, turns out thinner is vastly more challenging, also I didn't know what I was doing. Ended up with a vacuum chamber to get the mold material done without bubbles, and a pressure pot for casting the resin. And 7000 grit sandpaper.

6D0DUKz.jpg

52nWHMw.jpg

Shield bros

Wow! That shield came out superb. Really great job! Well done.

That really does look amazing, and like others have already said if you made a small number of them I would be down for one!

Ive been considering getting another body and some clothes to match his later AoS look, and yours is pushing me to it, did you go anywhere in particular to buy the jacket, shirt etc?

That really does look amazing, and like others have already said if you made a small number of them I would be down for one!

Ive been considering getting another body and some clothes to match his later AoS look, and yours is pushing me to it, did you go anywhere in particular to buy the jacket, shirt etc?

I browse black ops toys a lot, and monkey depot and ebay. They have a lot of loose parts that come and go. I was going for this general look:

c0zYTMt.jpg

The jacket is the shirt off the PLA Anti Terror figure
https://www.monkeydepot.com/Chinese_People_s_Armed_Police_Force_Anti_Terror_p/dmb0041.htm

I believe the button up shirt is this one
https://toyanxiety.com/pop-toys-rescuer-shirt/

And the jeans are from the Logan stealth set, I had got that cause I needed the shirt and the jeans ended up looking good for this custom

The nice thing about a TV show is they do end up wearing a lot of different clothing, so it gives you a bit more freedom to find something that is similar to a general look. A lot of times I'll just search real vague and see what is out there, "1/6 black jacket" etc. Then if you see a figure set that has something you want you can start to keep an eye out on the places that sell loose parts like black ops to see them come up

Earlier I had a different look, the earlier seasons with the flack jacket and dark blue suit pants and white shirt look. Those are a lot more common pieces

KGvXHaA.jpg

(Also was having fun with the early version of the prosthetic arm)
Ny3gzkz.jpg

The shields can be a bit time consuming but I'll see what I can put together, maybe send a message if you have any interest and I can keep you in the loop

Back