Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF available NOW!, Link to buy in 1st post...

a whole week of questions answered at SPooktacular, only one LOTR question !

I have been sending a weekly barrage of questions to Sideshow about the rest of the Fellowship, and I was bummed to not see a single answer. Not that this will deter me from asking though!!!

Check out the thread here,
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82110&page=2
and be sure to use the Ask Sideshow feature on their site if you want a complete Fellowship!

Threadjack over:

I would love to see a more complete base for the additional torso, but since only one set of legs is included, I'd hope to see something that does allow for more of a dual display.

a whole week of questions answered at SPooktacular, only one LOTR question !

Let's not short-change SS...there were two! :lol Mine was the Steve West/LSB question, which I submitted a year ago, and one I submitted when I thought the LSB line was, to quote SS CEO Greg Anzalone: "still viable". :monkey3 Sadly, I think it's very apparent that SS's "Ask Sideshow" segment is becoming a joke where LOTR-related questions are concerned. :(

Last edited:

If it had been like that this could have been retailed at $250. Don't get me wrong I love the sculpt but the base is not essential at that height. SS need to realise that the economy is in the crapper and if we can produce something which is equally effective but cheaper go that route.

Let's not short-change SS...there were two! :lol Mine was the Steve West/LSB question, which I submitted a year ago, and one I submitted when I thought the LSB line was, to quote SS CEO Greg Anzalone: "still viable". :monkey3 Sadly, I think it's very apparent that SS's "Ask Sideshow" segment is becoming a joke where LOTR-related questions are concerned. :(

None of my questions have been answered ...
I hope they will eventually.

Also Legolas was to pre-order shortly after SDCC.
SDCC has been over for 3 months allready ...

We just want more LOTR... :)

Also Legolas was to pre-order shortly after SDCC.
SDCC has been over for 3 months allready ...
What does this tell us about Sideshow's faith in the LOTR fan-base? It seems to me that MOST, if not all of the LOTR products sell-out with regularity...and in relatively short times. Even the Gollum PF sold out in 4 days WITH the NRD. Some say that is too long...but actually, I think that is a GREAT sign of a good product.

I can't say what Sideshow is thinking...but my guess is that with The Hobbit hype coming to a head over the past few months, they may be strategizing for the long term...and trying to get prepared for The Hobbit push.

Either that or they are dumping another LOTR line with TONS of promise!

I hope they won't focus completely on The Hobbit and stilll will go further with LOTR PF.

We need a Gimli PF and a Boromir PF !

But indeed, most LOTR PF and statues seem to sell out in a good amount of time.

What does this tell us about Sideshow's faith in the LOTR fan-base? It seems to me that MOST, if not all of the LOTR products sell-out with regularity...and in relatively short times. Even the Gollum PF sold out in 4 days WITH the NRD. Some say that is too long...but actually, I think that is a GREAT sign of a good product.

I can't say what Sideshow is thinking...but my guess is that with The Hobbit hype coming to a head over the past few months, they may be strategizing for the long term...and trying to get prepared for The Hobbit push.

Either that or they are dumping another LOTR line with TONS of promise!

Yeah the LOTR fanbase is very strong, especially in Europe and will get more popular with the release of the Hobbit. For a NRD statue to sell out that fast is really good, look at the Hobgoblin and Nosferatu also released during Spooktacular and both not sold out yet. Plus the fact that he doesn't have the sexy lady factor, or much of the imposing menacing villain factor to go on. It's the excellent sculpt and the LOTR popularity selling this piece. I was on the fence on this but the incredible sculpt pushed me over.

Last edited:

Good points. I think once The Hobbit release date starts creeping up the line will generate some SERIOUS attention from everyone. But the fact that items still sell out within a few days, even with NRD, just shows how strong the fan base of LOTR truly is considering it's been many years since the movies were released...unlike many other lines.

Gollum was always going to sell. This piece looks better and better the more I think about how it will look displayed. It would be nice to see the alternative base though :)

When is this thing shipping. My account says "shipping soon". It can't possibly ship this year or even 1Q right?

nah, it's some sideshow glitch with the NRD

I think it is because you get the initial charge so it shows as you paying (partially anyway) for the item, and then of course normally the next step is shipping. :dunno

I waited too long to make up my mind on this piece, so now I am on the wait list.

Pics of alternate base today .... :pray:

Back