Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just cancelled the Gandalf Maquette for this bigger one. Any pics of the light up version yet?

I'll be keeping the PF, as the pose is a little more iconic for me than the maquette, but they are strikingly similar. I am really eager to see this in person and can't wait for it to ship, but my display space is really limited right now, and Gandalf the White may need to get boxed up for a while!

I'll be keeping the PF, as the pose is a little more iconic for me than the maquette, but they are strikingly similar. I am really eager to see this in person and can't wait for it to ship, but my display space is really limited right now, and Gandalf the White may need to get boxed up for a while!

Same here. Cant wait, limited space, and aye, my white Gandalf may have to step down from the podium for a bit!

Just got my processing notice. Looks like I'll have to request Flexpay for this one if I expect to keep my order. With Bag End scheduled to start shipping right around the same time it's gonna be tight.

Just got my processing notice. Looks like I'll have to request Flexpay for this one if I expect to keep my order. With Bag End scheduled to start shipping right around the same time it's gonna be tight.

Got my notice too. Trying to decide if I should keep it.

Great news that this is coming soon! Usually my orders from Alter Ego arrive right around the same time the Exclusive is shipping!

Don't cancel ... you WILL be sorry!

106zql5.jpg

25yyydt.jpg

Don't cancel ... you WILL be sorry!

I so don't want to cancel. This is one of my most anticipated pieces. It's just that I have already picked up Wolverine, Gambit, Sabretooth, and Ironman (shipping in two days) all in this month. I'm feeling a little guilty and overwhelmed.

anyone have pics of the light up one in person - i am thinking of canceling my exclusive.

I'm torn between this and the maquette--I thought the PF would completely blow the maquette out of the water when I saw them both at SDCC, but in fact the PF slightly underwhelmed me (just a tiny bit) while the maquette surprisingly looked much better than I expected. (It doesn't help that the PF is about two inches taller than my display space and I have no place to put it.) Combine that with the fact that the maquette line seems to be the one that will ultimately give us the complete Fellowship, and I'm actually leaning towards dropping this one. Still undecided, for the time being...

I'm torn between this and the maquette--I thought the PF would completely blow the maquette out of the water when I saw them both at SDCC, but in fact the PF slightly underwhelmed me (just a tiny bit) while the maquette surprisingly looked much better than I expected. (It doesn't help that the PF is about two inches taller than my display space and I have no place to put it.) Combine that with the fact that the maquette line seems to be the one that will ultimately give us the complete Fellowship, and I'm actually leaning towards dropping this one. Still undecided, for the time being...

Don't feel bad. Having just dropped nearly a grand on acquiring Smaug and a RWOS, Indy's Red Book of Westmarch, and with Bag End shipping right around the corner, it's making the decision to cancel the GTG PF that much easier for me. Too much stuff coming in all at once. I've already got him represented in many ways in my collection, so I really don't need the PF. I think I'll just stick with the Weta piece for now and scoop up the maquette down the road. I'm not deeply invested in the PF line anyway. Someone on the waitlist might get lucky real soon...

No contest for me. PF all the way. No desire to jump into an entire line with the maquettes, so PF suits fine as a stand alone piece. Plus I think it looks great.

Back