Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sort of wish there was a genera post-SDCC thread but here goes. I loved maquette aragorn going in, though maquette gandalf was ok, PF gandalf ok, and morgul lord PF crap. After seeing all in person I think they are all wonderful. ML looks MUCH better, base alone is enormous. You can't go wrong with any of these I think. I did groove on the gandalf maquette's flowing cape more than I thought.

The ML is pretty badass in person. IMO seeing it in person you can totally understand the coolness of the whole thing.

Tomorrow. Dad just got home from the airport since his flight was delayed. Will work on something then.

There any good shots out there with GTG and the ML together?

Here's a vid and GTG and ML appear around 7:15.:wink1:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/BHObGaa1G2E&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/BHObGaa1G2E&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385
"></embed></object>

Thanks to LET.:duff

There is a lot of zipping that goes on Thursday morning, trying to do the first drive by before it can all be taken in.

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5017.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

Cheers Josh. :clap

I'm looking forward to getting this one and pouring over the details in the costuming. Either head will look good on this one I think and the Frodo PF is a perfect partner with his wary glance upward!

Hmm, i'm wondering about it now..... i don't like the 'real cloth' aspect..... i prefer it to be sculpted as it looks more realistic and weathered. Maybe i'm solely a statue man :dunno

I really was leaning towards giving this the axe as I said in my video but after seeing it nah I'm gonna keep it.

Somewhat of a shame we didn't see the light-up function, but this piece is a solid homerun for me; definately keeping my order (I wouldn't want to lose my virtually free PF anyway. :yess:).

I like it much more than the maquette.

I've really missed the shipping updates that we usually get in the weekly NL! I noticed that, on the product page for this, it now says that it's shipping in August. I hope it's really soon:pray: - the $$ is put back and I've got a spot opened up for it in my room!

Anybody heard anything more definite about this?

Back