Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm now conflicted on keeping this. I've gotten quite a few things in recent weeks, plus an issue with where I would display him. I was also hoping that he might have shipped closer to the end of September instead. I better decide pretty quick.

I am SO ready for this - the 23 day notice made my day!:clap

The slight bummer is that I also have the Jason Voorhees-Terror Of Crystal Lake statue on order and it's coming in at exactly the same time.:thud:

Not sure I can swing both at once but I know I'm definitely keeping Big G!

I'm now conflicted on keeping this. I've gotten quite a few things in recent weeks, plus an issue with where I would display him. I was also hoping that he might have shipped closer to the end of September instead. I better decide pretty quick.

Keep him and switch to FLEX-PAY to spread the payments out!

I can't blame you with all the extra fees for overseas shipping. If the exclusive isn't a deal breaker, you can usually wait and get a bit of a discount from another retailer or the secondary market.

Yeah, i don't see the point of the exclusive, so i don't need to order direct from SS. Flexpay makes it tempting, but i don't know what'll happen import tax-wise.

All we need now is for the person who has Sam in his sig to post, and we'll have all the hobbits! Who got Sam anyway?

Yeah, i don't see the point of the exclusive, so i don't need to order direct from SS. Flexpay makes it tempting, but i don't know what'll happen import tax-wise.

All we need now is for the person who has Sam in his sig to post, and we'll have all the hobbits! Who got Sam anyway?

I am always amazed at the overseas collector commitment. and we do need SigEp to post!

I got to much coming in, had to cancel mine today. With Aragorn and Legolas the exclusive came back in stock for a little while so I hope to re order then.

Canceled mine awhile ago (right around the time I canceled the Captain Jack p.f.). Just don't have the display room anymore. I'm out of p.f.'s and I may drop the maquette line as well before I get started.

Just not enough space to display these pieces, plus just not into collecting like I used to be.

No contest for me. PF all the way. No desire to jump into an entire line with the maquettes, so PF suits fine as a stand alone piece. Plus I think it looks great.

Im wit Choops!

I have saved and have my Gandalf coin set aside. I happen to like the ex......But im wondering if I could get it cheaper elsewhere.....

Keep him and switch to FLEX-PAY to spread the payments out!

Very good point, Indiana Fett. I do still have the 12" figure of GTG. I'm wondering on the likeness difference between the two. I didn't get to go to SDCC and would have liked to see the PF in person. That was probably the final production piece that they showed there, no?

:lol

cancel, cancel, cancel, cancel, cancel......

and everyone wonders why they might not do the entire fellowship.. :gah:

I will be keeping mine...

Last edited:
No doubt about it....I'm keeping mine. After the tragedy of the Gandalf the White PF...I cannot wait to receive this one. I actually have a small media room (movie watching/gaming/computer) that I display movie properties. I try to stick to one piece per franchise. After seeing this one....I sold Aragorn and Legolas...and decided this would be my lone LOTR piece. He'll go nicely with the rest of my movie PFs.

No doubt about it....I'm keeping mine. After the tragedy of the Gandalf the White PF...I cannot wait to receive this one. I actually have a small media room (movie watching/gaming/computer) that I display movie properties. I try to stick to one piece per franchise. After seeing this one....I sold Aragorn and Legolas...and decided this would be my lone LOTR piece. He'll go nicely with the rest of my movie PFs.

:goodpost:

I'm with you in trying to limit what I get, but could never keep it to one per franchise. I am trying to focus on really core characters though...so GTG is a MUST for me. I do have Aragorn and will pick up Legolas at some point. No rush until they get cracking on a PF Gimli though. I plan to display the 3 hunters in PF in my theatre room. And GTG with Saruman...when they finally get around to giving us a Saruman. :pray:

Back