Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kind of looks like moses

DSC_0062-2.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0059-1.jpg

These pics are so freaking awesome robotcp! I can't wait to get this now. I just have to move around my collection a bit to try and find a proper spot for him and the Gollum PF. They need to be put in the proper showcase spots!

Most, if not all, of my collection is 1/6 so these are a big change for me. Oh well, I was bound to get a PF one of these days and since I have yet to see many, or any for that matter, that match the quality, sculpt, outfit, and pose of Gandalf I figured this was a perfect place to start.

And it doesn't hurt that LOTR is probably my favorite movie/book combo of all movie/book combos ever made. They're both just epic.

Two or three more weeks and mine should be here. I cannot wait. Congrats on receiving yours.

I have to put on my Lord of the Rings Glasses of Shame. I picked this up last week and still haven't taken it out of the box. :slap

Got my replacement gandalf today and he's perfect....:yess:
I'm so glad to have him back in my collection, he turned out amazing!!!

...Oh well, I was bound to get a PF one of these days and since I have yet to see many, or any for that matter, that match the quality, sculpt, outfit, and pose of Gandalf I figured this was a perfect place to start.

And it doesn't hurt that LOTR is probably my favorite movie/book combo of all movie/book combos ever made. They're both just epic.

Gandalf is certainly the best way to introduce yourself into PFs, it is a perfect piece IMO. Haven't you thought of getting Aragorn too? He is really impressive in person

Gandalf is certainly the best way to introduce yourself into PFs, it is a perfect piece IMO. Haven't you thought of getting Aragorn too? He is really impressive in person

I have but I think I'll be waiting awhile until I venture down that road. I also just pre-ordered Gollum and the Morgul Lord PFs. To me they were a bit more important and also are a bit more impressive when compared to Aragorn.

I figure for now, one good guy, one bad guy, and one guy in between is a nice start.

I am very tempted to get him and make him my first LOTR PF...
Actually I would prefer the Aragorn PF (with the elven dagger) but I cannot seem to find it anywhere in Europe...:(

Overall it's pretty nice. Although I'm not blown away by it like many of you are. The Berserker is still the best PF for me in terms of WOW factor. The one thing I don't like is the hair. The gap between the hair and head is kinda wierd. I don't like all the burs and air bubbles in the hair which I assume is from the molding process. But overall it's a nice figure.

I asked this way back in the thread and didn't get an answer but now that I have this PF to compare, I was right. The hair and beard is more detailed in the 1/6 Weta Statue than this 1/4 PF. Not sure what that means, just an observation.

The hair is my only nit, but I don't think I have too many bubbles or burrs; I guess I either didn't check that close, or I lucked out.

Either way, it is my fave of the LOTR PFs because Gandalf is so damn iconic. The Zerker is certainly a close second though, and probably more of an imposing display piece.

Back