Statue Cap Movie PF..Order now..Links to Order in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, SSC's seems to really be dropping the ball lately. You should never have to go through that to FINALLY get them to replace a friggin broken item. When I returned my Cap EX due to a variety of Q/C issues, they gave me return and replacement options, but each time I see PF's going up in price, I find it ironic that the Q/C is going down. I can't wait to see the paint job on the Joker PF. Just counting the days, months to that horrorfest.

What are the major issues (QC) with this you guys are seeing through out the thread. i was thinking about getting one but dont know if i should get reg. edition through SS so if i have a problem i can return it. or going with a EX through somebody else, but most boxes are sealed with no return. dont know if i should play it safe or take the chance if theres not to many issues

Sorry for the QC issues people have been having with this piece.

Here's some long overdue shots of my Cap PF. An excellent statue IMO:

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3888.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

Received my cap but unfortunately the belt came away straight out of the box. Having a very hard time trying to glue back on. Will ask for a replacement if necessary. Also the bent arm without shield is held on very strong. Ve difficult to swap out arm with battle damage shield. Base had scratches on it but under cap's foot , I can sort of live with that. It's a nice statue but with all the problems I'm kind of over it. If I don't get a replacement then it's a full refund for me. Not going to settle for an answer like me it and get a partial refund.

Anyone know any really good painter's in the UK that i could get incontact with so i could get the eye's on my Helmeted head repainted ?

Recieved a duff googly eye'd one and when i contacted Sideshow and showed them the pictures they said that they are all like that. :mad:

005-6.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know any really good painter's in the UK that i could get incontact with so i could get the eye's on my Helmeted head repainted ?

Recieved a duff googly eye'd one and when i contacted Sideshow and showed them the pictures they said that they are all like that. :mad:

005-6.jpg

it's not perfect but i've seen much worse so if i were you i would just leave it like it is and not spend anymore money on a repaint

Sorry for the QC issues people have been having with this piece.

Here's some long overdue shots of my Cap PF. An excellent statue IMO:

IMG_3896.jpg

great pictures but what annoys me with this statue is that Cap somewhat bends over to the right

005-6.jpg

no sh**. what's happening SS, more like marvel legends sculpting raised to quarter scale

crazyeyes.jpg

great pictures but what annoys me with this statue is that Cap somewhat bends over to the right

yeah mine has the exact same problem, i think all of them do. But if you just rotated a bit so the bending is towards front or back, it's not noticeable.

minor issue though, given the QC problems lately.

So I am new to the board and I had a few questions

Firstly, I have NO collectible statues and I am considering making this my FIRST piece. Now I would order it from Sideshow, but there is a MASSIVE convention in my area this weekend, and I may be able to find it there, and I wanted to ask your opinions.
1) what is a fair price for othe regular edition and the EX edition. I want to avoid getting fleeced ...lol
2) is bartering the retailers down acceptable, and has any one had any real success with that, and if so what worked ...lol. Oh and can deals be struck easily enough (I.e. buy 1 statue get a cheaper on 1/2 off)?
3) is it bad form to ask to inspect the statue before you buy it in order to look for QC issues.
4)what are the BIGGEST look fora interms of QC I should have an eye out for with this piece. You know, the things I should be able to just pick up on.

Well I hope those weren't to noobie questions to ask, and I appreciate any help you folks can offer.

So I am new to the board and I had a few questions

Firstly, I have NO collectible statues and I am considering making this my FIRST piece. Now I would order it from Sideshow, but there is a MASSIVE convention in my area this weekend, and I may be able to find it there, and I wanted to ask your opinions.
1) what is a fair price for othe regular edition and the EX edition. I want to avoid getting fleeced ...lol
2) is bartering the retailers down acceptable, and has any one had any real success with that, and if so what worked ...lol. Oh and can deals be struck easily enough (I.e. buy 1 statue get a cheaper on 1/2 off)?
3) is it bad form to ask to inspect the statue before you buy it in order to look for QC issues.
4)what are the BIGGEST look fora interms of QC I should have an eye out for with this piece. You know, the things I should be able to just pick up on.

Well I hope those weren't to noobie questions to ask, and I appreciate any help you folks can offer.

1) the regular is still available at Sideshow. So as long as you're not paying more than that you're fine.
2) With high end statues from SSC, you're not going to be able to strike a buy one get one 50% off deal. Maybe a minor discount, depending on how much they're already discounting
3) No, that would be fair
4) Obvious things would be major paint flaws or breaks, I would look over the shield very carefully as well

1) the regular is still available at Sideshow. So as long as you're not paying more than that you're fine.
2) With high end statues from SSC, you're not going to be able to strike a buy one get one 50% off deal. Maybe a minor discount, depending on how much they're already discounting
3) No, that would be fair
4) Obvious things would be major paint flaws or breaks, I would look over the shield very carefully as well

Thanks Custo
1) thats kind of what I was thinking. I would have loved to get an EX, but I am late to the party. I know that deals can Be struck at a convention because those guys paid a lot of money to be there. I have just never really looked at it interms of statue collecting before. The stuff I got deals on tended to be smaller and less expensI've.
2) thanks for the advice. To be honest I was thinking more along the lines of a SSC Cap and then maybe a Bowen Spiderman. I know that some Bowens can be more common, and maybe a dealer may discount them.
3) so I am guessing if they hassle me about wanting to look that is a big "Mayday"
4) thanks. For the shield is it say peeling and broken straps and the like tht I should be looking for??

Again, thanks for the time.

P.S. I forgot to ask if anyone here was interested in selling either edition. I don't know how that works here being a total noob...lol.
4)

Thanks Custo
1) thats kind of what I was thinking. I would have loved to get an EX, but I am late to the party. I know that deals can Be struck at a convention because those guys paid a lot of money to be there. I have just never really looked at it interms of statue collecting before. The stuff I got deals on tended to be smaller and less expensI've.
2) thanks for the advice. To be honest I was thinking more along the lines of a SSC Cap and then maybe a Bowen Spiderman. I know that some Bowens can be more common, and maybe a dealer may discount them.
3) so I am guessing if they hassle me about wanting to look that is a big "Mayday"
4) thanks. For the shield is it say peeling and broken straps and the like tht I should be looking for??

Again, thanks for the time.

P.S. I forgot to ask if anyone here was interested in selling either edition. I don't know how that works here being a total noob...lol.
4)

Hey Spidy welcome to the forum!!!
All the advice that you've gotten is excellent. I too have gotten a lot of pieces from conventions. Don't be afraid to barter on the price. Take in to account the cost of going to the convention, parking, etc. when you negotiate. In the end don't be afraid to walk away if its not right for you. After all you can always purchase from board members. There are great sellers right here on the board in the marketplace that will sell to you and it helps knowing they take great care of their pieces. As far as inspecting I always inspect the pieces before I buy them (Do NOT hand over the cash until you inspect it!!!). Make sure to look at everything carefully. I would recommend you go through the thread to take a good look at the statues to make sure that you know exactly what should be included in the pieces at the convention. I've seen it where I negotiated the price but when I inspected the piece it was either missing something or a piece came out chipped or broken. I would have never noticed it unless I saw pictures of it before hand on the forums. Good hunting and be sure to post pics of your findings!!!!

Hey Spidy welcome to the forum!!!
All the advice that you've gotten is excellent. I too have gotten a lot of pieces from conventions. Don't be afraid to barter on the price. Take in to account the cost of going to the convention, parking, etc. when you negotiate. In the end don't be afraid to walk away if its not right for you. After all you can always purchase from board members. There are great sellers right here on the board in the marketplace that will sell to you and it helps knowing they take great care of their pieces. As far as inspecting I always inspect the pieces before I buy them (Do NOT hand over the cash until you inspect it!!!). Make sure to look at everything carefully. I would recommend you go through the thread to take a good look at the statues to make sure that you know exactly what should be included in the pieces at the convention. I've seen it where I negotiated the price but when I inspected the piece it was either missing something or a piece came out chipped or broken. I would have never noticed it unless I saw pictures of it before hand on the forums. Good hunting and be sure to post pics of your findings!!!!

Thanks jgama

I JUST starting to get involved in the community. So I am Hoping to get some pointers and maybe help others in return. So 2 more quick questions.
1) is there a good place on the board to look for sellers. I have been trying,but I be a newbie...lol
2) also, I am an amateur comic book artist, and I was wondering if guys here would be interested in trading some original art or recreations to go along with say a trade. Just a thought.

Thanks jgama

I JUST starting to get involved in the community. So I am Hoping to get some pointers and maybe help others in return. So 2 more quick questions.
1) is there a good place on the board to look for sellers. I have been trying,but I be a newbie...lol
2) also, I am an amateur comic book artist, and I was wondering if guys here would be interested in trading some original art or recreations to go along with say a trade. Just a thought.

No problem...happy to help.:hi5:
you can go to the for sale thread here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Its updated all the time with new stuff so you can check it regularly. When you see something you simply pm (private message) them for your inquiry and you can also post on their thread that you sent them a pm so they know to look out for it. For the most part the sellers are top notch to deal with. :1-1: I haven't had any bad experiences. You'll obviously want to do some research with dealing with them so there is a thread for feedback here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68175

or you can check out their feedback reviews by clicking on their ID and going to the feedback tab. Likewise, they usually have an ebay ID so you can check their feedback ratings on ebay if you need to. I would imagine a lot of people are into artwork as well. It depends on the seller. Some are looking to trade, while others are just looking to sell. Don't be afraid to ask, like I said the people on here are very friendly.

Hope this helps and have fun at the convention. I recently went to the Wizard World Chicago convention and got my Spidey Comquette signed by Stan Lee with a COA. If he's there I highly recommed you meet him, I would imagine at 90 years old he may stop attending conventions so take advantage while you can. :)

Back