1/6 SSC 1:6 Batman - Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny... The cape material is bad, the face plates fall off, we have a perfect Bats with BVS Batman...

... And yet, somehow, this is perhaps my favorite version of the character.

I went back and forth when I preordered this figure because I already had the Blue/Gray version, but I'm SO glad that I got it. It's like the love child of Bob Kane, Bill Finger, and David Mazzuchelli with just a hint of Bernie Wrightson.

Interestingly enough, I don't have any problems with the mouth plates falling out. My first one that was POed, had two right biceps (left when looking at the fig) and weak face plates but the one I got about a month or so ago seems to be QC free thankfully :yess: can't imagine SS having more than one batch of this so I guess I just got lucky

Hi everyone quick question, is there any other body that has the same size ankle pegs as this batman body?

Got this guy today, besides the obvious issues with the sculpt I think it's great, got the potential to be the definitive 1/6 Batman, I like the rubbery logo on the chest and I actually like the cape!

Bats2.jpg

I have a question though, I would like to make some improvements to him, I've seen this shoulder piece on pictures with the Erick Sosa sculpt (I've used a pic by ashkanls here), anybody know what it is? Did it come with Ericks sculpt, or is it from the Hot Toys Arkham city Batman? Or something totally different?

Bats.jpg

Thanks

It is from the Arkham Batman. I have been trying to find it or the one from the Affleck figure for the very same reason.

This is a great figure no doubt......it is unbelievable to me that it was released 2 years ago and since then nothing bat related has been released. Such a waste of a license when there are so many characters not to mention Batman variants that can be done.

Got this guy today, besides the obvious issues with the sculpt I think it's great, got the potential to be the definitive 1/6 Batman, I like the rubbery logo on the chest and I actually like the cape!

View attachment 314874

I have a question though, I would like to make some improvements to him, I've seen this shoulder piece on pictures with the Erick Sosa sculpt (I've used a pic by ashkanls here), anybody know what it is? Did it come with Ericks sculpt, or is it from the Hot Toys Arkham city Batman? Or something totally different?

View attachment 314875

Thanks

The shoulder piece is a custom by ashkanls. :cool:

Thanks for the info guys, I was able to find a hot toys Arkham collar so hopefully that does the job after a repaint. Amos- me too, I'd love to see Gordon, Nightwing, Mr Freeze and Two Face, they seem to be concentrating on Marvel now, lets hope they get back to some Batman stuff.

Such a ****ing bummer. This week my BVS Batman waitlist was cancelled, so I was going to wait to let my pending reward points to convert and then I was going to order this one. Now it's on Waitlist, so even if it converts I couldn't use my points.

Such a ****ing bummer. This week my BVS Batman waitlist was cancelled, so I was going to wait to let my pending reward points to convert and then I was going to order this one. Now it's on Waitlist, so even if it converts I couldn't use my points.

That is a bummer you know the regular BVS Batman is still available at Secret Compass. :cool:

Anyone else seeing these dodgy bootleg figures popping up in Ebay feeds? Seems to be a run of them recently.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Yup. But even though they show them with the SSC bodies they end up being on a knock off TTM19. At least for Superman and Wolverine so far

Can they be worse than the SSC body? I've come close to pulling the trigger on the Gotham Knight, but my experience with the blue/grey Batman from SSC, keeps putting me off.

Received mine today. Realy happy with how it looks, way better than the photos!
Only problem I have, the falling face plates.

I was on the verge of taking this figure off the shelf and putting him back in the box, on the grounds that he looks painfully dated next to rhe rest of my collection--even though I love the outfit and the long ears.

Instead, though, I dropped the SS Batman 2.0 unmasked head on him and it completely brought the figure back to life. I'm so happy with how it turned out that I'm working on getting a new belt, cape, and trunks to further update the look.
1cd6556c33aa40e2c74b899388ccda3d.jpg
9ec24491f3056127b2057e21aba05b4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Back