Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liz10 may just get her wish with a whole bunch of full figure variants on 10.

Hmm, 'other versions of the Tenth Doctor further down the line' sounds like they mean full variants. :) If the same applies to 11 I'd be over the moon. :clap Maybe Closing Time 11 as full figure next year?

I'll be buying Ten, just don't know yet if signed or regular version. As others have said the neck isn't that pretty but overall he looks awesome and I'm glad someone finally got his hair right.

I don't mind that price at all, especially since 10 comes with his coat.

The prices aren't exactly unreasonable, so I'll certainly think about it. I think I'd prefer to hold out for the Eleventh Doctor accessory packs, though.

Prices as follows:

Tenth Doctor 1:6 Scale Collector Figure - 50th Anniversary Edition
Regular version - £169.99 ($229.00 approx.)
Signature version - £189.99 ($245.00 approx.)
Prices are inclusive of VAT.
Please note that US customers are VAT exempt.

Thanks BCS

Thanks guys, that information is much appreciated and personally I think it's very reasonable given that Tennant will come with a coat and we've had a year of inflation since 11. I also appreciate being able to put down a deposit - I'm guessing £20-£30? - and then having a few months (or so) to budget for the full figure.

Tennant has looked better in every picture you've shown so I can't wait to see the rest!

In for the signature! At least they're hiking the price AND giving you something new (illuminated base, backdrop) instead of what other companies have been doing.

I'd rather they just give us a simple stand and keep the price down. I got one of those light up bases with the DX 10, never turn the thing on.

I forgot about the illuminated base - wow, that is excellent pricing with that and a coat.

How about a shot of Ten with his glasses, BC...?

Regular version for me. I don't care about that signature stuff.

I'm loving the hell out of Doctor Who lately. I've been plowing through Eleven's first season on Blu-ray and Ten's first season on Amazon Instant Video.

I'll probably get the non-signature version as well.

Regular version for me. I don't care about that signature stuff.

Dude, you gotta at least try for the signature. In the grand scheme with shipping you're looking at near $300 anyway what's $20 more to ensure the rarer version?

Dude, you gotta at least try for the signature. In the grand scheme with shipping you're looking at near $300 anyway what's $20 more to ensure the rarer version?

I would consider it provided it's not like trying to buy the rare variants from Mondo Posters. Get partway through your order and it's sold out before you can finish. Hopefully these are priced to where something like that won't happen.

Non-signature for me, I think.

That's going to be a really nerve-wracking time for BC!

I wonder when it's expected - Q2? 3? 4?

If they're pushing the 50th Anniversary thing then this year would be a good year to do Hartnell; especially with the Mark Gatiss docu-drama coming in November about the birth of the show. Hartnell would be a relatively easy head sculpt too - an angular old man is perfect for sculptors, much easier than, say, Peter Davison to sculpt.

AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I've just realised that 6pm on a Thursday is when I pick my kid up from drama on the other side of town.

:thud::(:slap:gah::gah::gah:

Any idea what the price is minus VAT, for us international peeps outside the EU?

Because given exchange rates, custom rates (where they apply), and shipping costs, knowing that and being able to calculate more accurately how much this is likely to cost us might be make or break for a lot of (non EU) folk. Also, if international (non EU) folks realize that their order will get a discount in not having to pay the VAT, which will probably mean they'll likely get theirs inclusive of shipping for the price listed (or cheaper), that might encourage a few more orders too.

For instance, the VAT discount completely covered my shipping cost for 11 to Australia, plus a smidge more on top, so the signature edition basically cost me ever-so-slightly less than the listed price that was up on the site, inclusive of shipping. Unless something has changed since, I'd imagine this one will work out the same, pretty much.

Is VAT still twenty percent? If so, that's make the base price for the sig version for non EU buyers sit at around 152 pounds (not counting shipping).

As such, given that this one is twenty quid more than the last one, that'll probably set me back an extra thirty-ish or so Australian over what the last one cost me all up (depending on exchange rates at the time). I don't love it, but I understand it, and can live with it.

I'm in. Just deliver a piece that is at least as good as 11 was and I'll be happy. Or deliver a piece that is even better, and really impress me. :)

Last edited:
Non-signature for me, I think.

AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I've just realised that 6pm on a Thursday is when I pick my kid up from drama on the other side of town.

:thud::(:slap:gah::gah::gah:

What does it matter? 11 is still widely available everywhere.

They aren't going to sell 1000 copies of 10 in a couple of hours. You don't even want the rarer version :D

What does it matter? 11 is still widely available everywhere.

They aren't going to sell 1000 copies of 10 in a couple of hours.

You're assuming they only made 1000 of 11. Which may be true... maybe not.

Back