Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Chief,i have a question.I signed up for the pre order but the one thing i'd like to know is the shipping.I live in greece so is it the same as us shipping or since i'm in europe it will be more like uk shipping?

What does it matter? 11 is still widely available everywhere.

They aren't going to sell 1000 copies of 10 in a couple of hours. You don't even want the rarer version :D

I didn't, but I made the mistake of mentioning it to my kid and she wants me to get the signature version, 'cause 8 year olds get excited about autographs. And pick her up from her drama class simultaneously.

I'm considering springing for the signature this time. The price is steep to the US with shipping, but it IS David Tennant....

You're assuming they only made 1000 of 11. Which may be true... maybe not.
On BCS.com it says 11s edition is 2000, not sure if that includes the signature edition or not.
IMO 1000 total units is very small.
It's miniscule for a total run. I'm surprised the price tag isn't higher considering.

I didn't mean that they were making 1000 total. I assume it would be much higher.

Just that I wouldn't worry about being online at the exact moment it goes up for presale because it will take them a while to sell out. 11 Signature edition was availabel for a good while after going up and the standard edition is still easily available everywhere now.

I didn't mean that they were making 1000 total. I assume it would be much higher.

I wouldn't assume that. 11 had a run around 2,000-2,500 including the signature version, and as has been mentioned he can still be bought, so it makes sense that they would cut the run of the next figure down. I'd say Tennant and Smith are around equal levels of popularity these days, so if Matt couldn't sell out that many units, I doubt Tennant would either, especially at a higher price.

I wouldn't assume that. 11 had a run around 2,000-2,500 including the signature version, and as has been mentioned he can still be bought, so it makes sense that they would cut the run of the next figure down. I'd say Tennant and Smith are around equal levels of popularity these days, so if Matt couldn't sell out that many units, I doubt Tennant would either, especially at a higher price.

It's strange, on one level I'm not worried about him selling out, but I want this figure so much, that's what's making me worry (we've been watching 10's episodes on DVD and my kid's become a massive fan). He'll certainly sell out reasonably quickly, but you never know with figures how desirable they remain - it could be that if they do a blue suit version next year (and BCS have shown us the red converse) that will become the desirable one.

The thing that makes the possible sell-out of 10 so unknowable is this... a LOT Of people (especially not in the UK) did not order directly from BCS, knowing that 11 would be available later. I had actually thought about just ordering 10 from BCS direct anyway because the wait for 11 to get here was kind of annoying. Sealing 10 up for at least a year guarantees that a lot more people will probably be buying direct from BCS. Cut the edition size in half as well... it means the sell-out time might go faster than for 11.

For the record I know that the Signature Edition for Eleven has sold out and 1500 limited editions have been sold to date.

i know this is slightly off ropic but will we see a release for the 4th doctor this year.

cheers to big chief for posting here, very cool!

got my eyes on the 11th doc now, 10th lookin good. i imagine a 9th would be great as well by BC. :cool:

was prolly answered long ago but does BC plan on making say a....1/6 dalek? kill for one of those.

Ugh, looks like I'll be in the middle off a class when the signature edition goes up for pre-order. Hope that there will still be some available at 1:45.

11 didn't sell out for a while, and Amy is STILL available. 250 sounds like a small amount, but it will take time to offload em.

They'll definitely sell the rest, hopefully without having to reduce them, especially if Smith leaves this year (not referring to any specific rumour, there are always rumours about him leaving).

Wonder if there's a garage in Birmingham with 500 eleventh doctor figures inside? Or a loft space?

Back