Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder, will these be size accurate? Seeing as one Doctor is shorter or taller than the other, it'd be interesting to know if they'll make the figures like that. I doubt it, as they'd need to retool every body, but interesting nontheless.

I think the difference between 10 and 11 is minor enough that size difference won't matter - keep them on the same sized bodies as 5, 6, & 9. But 1, 2, 7 and 8 NEED to be on a shorter body... Perhaps 3 and 4 need to be on taller bodies though.

Exactly what I was thinking. It'd be very weird to see Sylvester McCoy be as tall as Tom Baker. I hope they do what CO did great with height differences. Man, I hope that if they make Daleks, they make them at eye-level with the companions, an often overlooked detail that has been mentioned often in Behind the Scenes stuff.

I'm so excited now, thanks BC - 11 and now 10, just waiting on Amy. Have pre ordered her too, at least production has now progressed to the next stage with the promise of a new figure, that being another incarnation of the good dr. It's what everybody's been *****ing over for months on end, at least this quells all the endless commotion/speculation and anxiety. Just gotta place that next vital pre order and half the worry is finally over. So now the wait ensues...

615261_10152107369671002_1713103835_o.jpg

The sculpt looks fantastic but I think the coat could do with shoulder pads - it's one of the squarest-shouldered coats out there.

Why do collars have to be so big? I know BC's collars are no worse than most but it would be great if someone could think of a new way of doing them, like a piece of plastic with the material glued on attached to inside of the jacket.

Anyway, I already know 10 is going to be posed on our shelves in his suit but with his glasses on - my favourite look for him.

I'm on the fence about this one. Not because of David Tennant, but it's a lot more expensive to buy directly from Big Chief. With exchange rate and shipping we are looking at $250 delivered. I can get Matt Smith for about 175-180 delivered right now from Amazon or gohastings.

Im going to pre-order this from Big Chief Studios but Im not sure wich version. Tenth Doctor looks just better and better.

Don't get me wrong, the figure looks awesome, but once the price is over $200.00, I have to seriously think about it. The only exception is Tom Baker. That one, I'll buy no matter what.

It's good how we all have our personal version that we can refer to as 'our Doctor' :)

Of the classic era my 'no matter what' candidates are Pertwee and Baker (T). DT looks amazing now, the face sculpt seems to have a better finish to the proto.

Back