Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000 total edition size is pretty tiny.

If I'm gonna have to go through BC I may just try to snag the siggy.

Would rather purchase from a retailer though.

I think its safe to say that BCS will sell through this edition pretty easily if the price isn't crazy. And we'll see another edition next year that may be available through retailers.

Liz10 may just get her wish with a whole bunch of full figure variants on 10.

We know how eager you guys are for further information and for updates. As you know we have been busily seeking necessary funding to achieve our plans and it is not easy in the current economic climate. It has taken far too much of our time and believe me it is very boring. Nowhere near as much fun as getting products developed and seeing them come to life. Sadly it is unavoidable in business though.

Manufacturing and selling products is harder than ever, especially with rising costs from China, which result in increased selling prices to the end customer. Believe when I say that as a business we take increasing costs very seriously. We are all too aware of how hiked up prices reduce sales, with customers put off by higher and higher ticket prices. It is not something we take lightly.

Setting pricing is very much like making a pie and unfortunately in this day and age, too many people want larger slices of that pie. There is only so much to go around and everyone needs to make a fair amount to sustain their respective businesses. When you take into account development cost, product cost, licensor royalty, distributor margin and retailer margin, it does not leave a lot of money left over for the manufacturer to re-invest into future products. Like other manufacturers out there we are being squeezed from all angles.

Customers’ expectations for a product are higher than ever and the costs to achieve the quality necessary to meet these expectations is very high. As such the selling price too is high, which means that the products do not get the level of support required to generate enough profit for re-investment.

To this end we made the decision to release the Tenth Doctor as a BIG Chief exclusive for the 50th Anniversary. This will, we hope, generate additional revenue to develop and manufacture the products that we know you are all craving for.

You wanted honesty, you got it. All we ask in return is that you urge your friends and fellow collectors to sign-up and order the Tenth Doctor.

Thanks BCS

We know how eager you guys are for further information and for updates. As you know we have been busily seeking necessary funding to achieve our plans and it is not easy in the current economic climate. It has taken far too much of our time and believe me it is very boring. Nowhere near as much fun as getting products developed and seeing them come to life. Sadly it is unavoidable in business though.

Manufacturing and selling products is harder than ever, especially with rising costs from China, which result in increased selling prices to the end customer. Believe when I say that as a business we take increasing costs very seriously. We are all too aware of how hiked up prices reduce sales, with customers put off by higher and higher ticket prices. It is not something we take lightly.

Setting pricing is very much like making a pie and unfortunately in this day and age, too many people want larger slices of that pie. There is only so much to go around and everyone needs to make a fair amount to sustain their respective businesses. When you take into account development cost, product cost, licensor royalty, distributor margin and retailer margin, it does not leave a lot of money left over for the manufacturer to re-invest into future products. Like other manufacturers out there we are being squeezed from all angles.

Customers’ expectations for a product are higher than ever and the costs to achieve the quality necessary to meet these expectations is very high. As such the selling price too is high, which means that the products do not get the level of support required to generate enough profit for re-investment.

To this end we made the decision to release the Tenth Doctor as a BIG Chief exclusive for the 50th Anniversary. This will, we hope, generate additional revenue to develop and manufacture the products that we know you are all craving for.

You wanted honesty, you got it. All we ask in return is that you urge your friends and fellow collectors to sign-up and order the Tenth Doctor.

Thanks BCS

That is all stuff that most collectors understand. Thank you for being candid. That is what we love about you guys.

Come preorder day I'll be right there and I am sharing this across 3 different forums and facebook. So I have my fingers firmly crossed for BC.

:rock

I appreciate you coming here and telling us that. I will be ordering my 10th Doctor from you on the 25th. :)

Edit: I am also glad to hear you are still working with Diamond!

clarification, 10 will ONLY be available from BCS directly, or the 50th anniversary edition will only be available from BCS directly, and a standard retail release will be available elsewhere?

The only version of the Tenth Doctor to be released this year will be the Tenth Doctor 50th Anniversary Edition. This will be available in both standard and signature versions and will be sold exclusively via our website. We are currently negotiating for fulfilment in the US and Canada to reduce shipping costs to customers in these countries. We are also looking to reduce shipping costs for other countries where possible. Sadly freight costs are high, but we will do our upmost.

We hope to offer other versions of the Tenth Doctor further down the line, which will be sold via ourselves and other retailers.

So I take it this will only include the brown suited variant without the blue suit as an accessory. That's ok with me. It's already loaded with stuff.

This looks stellar. Love the way the collars suddenly look perfect, tiny little stitching and all!

So is the Pre-order on the 24th and 25th going to require a deposit, or the full amount? Would be great to know in advance. Thank you!

EDIT: some idea of how much more this will cost than 11 would be great too, for those of us who are having to budget carefully to afford this. Thank you.

This looks stellar. Love the way the collars suddenly look perfect, tiny little stitching and all!

So is the Pre-order on the 24th and 25th going to require a deposit, or the full amount? Would be great to know in advance. Thank you!

EDIT: some idea of how much more this will cost than 11 would be great too, for those of us who are having to budget carefully to afford this. Thank you.

Full details will follow in the pre-order, however, we will require a deposit for both versions, only minimal though.

The figure is slightly more expensive than Eleven, but not huge I promise you. Plus you do get the trench coat, illuminating display and backdrop!

How much would the deposit be? It'd be good to know ahead as I need to put the amount on PayPal ahead of time.

I'm still undecided about buying this. I have become more interested in it, but after learning it's going to be even more expensive than Eleven, I'm not too keen. I wish we'd get more information about the price and images before the pre-order date, since I can see the signature edition selling out extremely quickly.

Guys we are still working with Diamond and wish to continue to for future releases. Amy will still be handled by Diamond and we hope other releases down the line. The Tenth Doctor 50th Anniversary Edition is being sold exclusively through BIG Chief only. If there is enough demand we will look at other versions of the Tenth Doctor, but not until next year. Thanks the BIG Chief Team

The only version of the Tenth Doctor to be released this year will be the Tenth Doctor 50th Anniversary Edition. This will be available in both standard and signature versions and will be sold exclusively via our website. We are currently negotiating for fulfilment in the US and Canada to reduce shipping costs to customers in these countries. We are also looking to reduce shipping costs for other countries where possible. Sadly freight costs are high, but we will do our upmost.

We hope to offer other versions of the Tenth Doctor further down the line, which will be sold via ourselves and other retailers.

See this makes me happy ;)

I'm thinking sig edition is the way to go because if the second version of the 10th Doctor is pretty much the same as this version then the sig would be the only real benefit to owning the 50th.

But I'd hate to pass on this figure assuming they'll make another 10 and then they don't. Or pass on this version and the new version doesn't have his coat or something.

Firstly BCS - thanks for the info! I appreciate the candor and it all makes sense to me. Hope this is successful for you guys.

But I'd hate to pass on this figure assuming they'll make another 10 and then they don't. Or pass on this version and the new version doesn't have his coat or something.

Yeah, I think it's a bit of a risk. I'd ASSUME more than 1000 people want this figure so another non-50th edition would happen down the road. But I doubt there's any guarantees.

I do love the new pic. It makes me feel much better about the coat once it gets in-hand.

Prices as follows:

Tenth Doctor 1:6 Scale Collector Figure - 50th Anniversary Edition
Regular version - £169.99 ($229.00 approx.)
Signature version - £189.99 ($245.00 approx.)
Prices are inclusive of VAT.
Please note that US customers are VAT exempt.

Thanks BCS

ugh... do i go for the 50th anniversary version... or do i hope that another version gets released next year?

decisions decisions......

BCS, for my sanity, what are the reasons you MIGHT NOT do another version of the tenth doctor?

How dramatically different would his costuming be in a later release?

Prices as follows:

Tenth Doctor 1:6 Scale Collector Figure - 50th Anniversary Edition
Regular version - £169.99 ($229.00 approx.)
Signature version - £189.99 ($245.00 approx.)
Prices are inclusive of VAT.
Please note that US customers are VAT exempt.

Thanks BCS

I can eat those prices. NOM NOM NOM NOM

Back