1/6 DID D80172 Otto Skorzeny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second box figures:

A Luftwaffe Leutnant, or z.b.V. Friedenthal SS-Untersturmführer at Gran Sasso:

IMG_2584 DID Otto Skorzeny parts.JPG

The button holes on this shirt were even smaller than the other box. Even after opening them to the max with tweezers I had to push them through with my fingers because they were too tight for the buttonhook.

Das Reich SS-Sturmbannführer:

IMG_2589 DID Otto Skorzeny parts.JPG

IMG_2595 DID Otto Skorzeny.JPG

As the metal skull was missing from this cap I resorted to one of the unused stickers from Ujindou's recent LSSAH Panzer set.

As mentioned before, there’s quite a difference between the colour of the Did and Ujindou uniforms. I have been airbrushing the Ujindou uniforms to weather them and give the appearance of fading.

IMG_2583.jpeg
IMG_2593.jpeg
IMG_2557.jpeg

As mentioned before, there’s quite a difference between the colour of the Did and Ujindou uniforms. I have been airbrushing the Ujindou uniforms to weather them and give the appearance of fading.

View attachment 700023View attachment 700025View attachment 700024

They look great, and nice scenery!

Ujindou went for a much more brown shade which used to bother me when I saw him alongside the much paler DID Marseille. But after looking into it both shades are historically correct due to nonconformity of colour, as was also the case with the myriad of variations in feldgrau.

OneSixthKit managed to get the missing cap skull, and sent it with the DID Reznov who arrived a couple of weeks ago, so both are now as they should be.

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

Back