1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO | X-Men - Magneto Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll never know. I won't fall for another Disney production. They hate me and everything I stand for. I cannot, in good faith, give them the pleasure of my time.

I checked out around Season 3 of Mando. Ahsoka is my all time favorite SW character. I wouldn't watch that show because I KNEW what they'd do with her. And from what I've read and little I've seen, I was right to avoid it.

X-men or a slew of any other awesome properties I grew up loving which they now control, I absolutely refuse to entertain it.

I just can't. And it's a hill I'll die on.
Ok :)

X-Men ‘97 has been great thus far. Definitely reaffirmed my love of those classic designs too.

I always give Disney a chance. If it sucks, I drop out and pretend it doesn’t exist or just enjoy watching YouTubers rip it apart for a bit before I move on.
I think Disney hasn't earned trust. Assume it sucks.

We must assume it's bad, and move in from there. They always lie, always approach Disney as liars.

I did not like 97...it's a step down from the original.

We must assume it's bad, and move in from there. They always lie, always approach Disney as liars.

Opinions are just that.

But from a casual and old-time fan, this still makes me chuckle a bit. Marvel output resulted in over two dozen banger films back-to-back, a track record practically no other studio has ever experienced (not even Pixar). Even Phase 4 and 5 are full of critically well-received movies and shows.

I grew up on the original 90s X-Men cartoon, and rewatching it recently showed it's hysterically dated in many areas. I still adore it, but taking off the rose-tinted goggles and it was certainly goofy and silly at times.

As for the new show, well...
x-men-97-is-currently-the-highest-rated-tv-series-of-2024-v0-c3uue8qtgbqc1.png

Vast majority of critics and fans seem to like it. Count me among them. It's authentic to the cartoon AND comics I grew up with.

Opinions are just that.

But from a casual and old-time fan, this still makes me chuckle a bit. Marvel output resulted in over two dozen banger films back-to-back, a track record practically no other studio has ever experienced (not even Pixar). Even Phase 4 and 5 are full of critically well-received movies and shows.

I grew up on the original 90s X-Men cartoon, and rewatching it recently showed it's hysterically dated in many areas. I still adore it, but taking off the rose-tinted goggles and it was certainly goofy and silly at times.

As for the new show, well...
x-men-97-is-currently-the-highest-rated-tv-series-of-2024-v0-c3uue8qtgbqc1.png

Vast majority of critics and fans seem to like it. Count me among them. It's authentic to the cartoon AND comics I grew up with.
I don't know about that.

I don't know about that.
I mean, we have the reviews out there publicly. Even going at only 80+ positive, you get the following:

RT
Guardians of the Galaxy - 82%
Wakanda Forever - 83%
Falcon & The Winter Soldier - 85%
Moon Knight - 86%
Loki - 87%
What If? - 91%
Shang-Chi - 91%
WandaVision - 92%
Hawkeye - 92%
Spider-Man: No Way Home - 93%
GotG: Holiday Special - 94%
Ms. Marvel - 98%
X-Men '97 - 98%

Everyone is free to like or dislike any of these, but critics enjoyed them and the vast majority have high audience scores as well. I'm not big into the doomer "MCU sucks now and everything is awful" groupthink while I'm still just enjoying the ride alongside the majority of other viewers. That hardly means everything is perfect, but I grew up on the era of "Steel", "Catwoman", "Batman & Robin", and "Howard the Duck". We're very much still in a golden age of superhero films.

I rarely expect good things post Endgame but I still hold out for the possibility of being entertained.

There’s certain mandatory messaging and ideological leanings that you just know are baked into all things Disney now since everyone working their holds the exact same beliefs so I have to rate that implementation on a scale of how intrusive, subtle, or narratively incongruent it is to determine if I’ll even be able to suspend my disbelief enough to be entertained moving forward.

Vast majority of critics and fans seem to like it.
A high critic score also now leans more towards being a red flag than anything. Paid shills who push corporate interests and support the same views as their overlords, sustaining each other in a big circle-jerk.

Your latest post proves how obscenely out of touch and in the pocket the ‘critics’ are with their inflated review scores.
Critics rank Ms Marvel higher than The Godfather… Therefore, they are invalid.

Your latest post proves how obscenely out of touch and in the pocket the ‘critics’ are with their inflated review scores.
Critics rank Ms Marvel higher than The Godfather… Therefore, they are invalid.
That’s not how Rotten Tomatoes works. It’s just a simple percent of “did you like it or not?”, not “how MUCH did they like it?”. 10 people giving something a 6/10 is 100% positive, while 9 people giving something 10/10 and one person giving it a 4/10 is a 90% positive score.

In terms of metrics, Ms. Marvel’s average “score” is 78. The Godfather’s is nearly 100.

And I agree with that. Ms. Marvel is far more accessible and enjoyable of a show to the masses than The Godfather is, despite how much I admire the latter. That’s perfectly fine.

But I digress. We were talking about Magneto. Lol.

More and more I wish the Shono version had an unhelmeted head and alternate expressions.

Last edited:
I like both options so far. Wasn’t a big fan of the SS version but I do see the appeal some have for it. I think Premier Toys has the advantage on esthetics. The collar isn’t huge like the HT and I might like the helmeted head better as well. Not sure how tall it will be but at least the HT has the height going for it.View attachment 693461
I like the one on the left who is that made by I ordered the hono one of Wolverine and magneto but I do like the helmet and colors better on the left magneto.

Paid shills who push corporate interests and support the same views as their overlords, sustaining each other in a big circle-jerk.
And I'm sure you have some sort of proof or evidence or a whistleblower report to back up this claim of paid reviews, and haven't just decided this must be what's happening behind the scenes because you can't wrap your head around the idea of people liking stuff you don't... ;)

And I'm sure you have some sort of proof or evidence or a whistleblower report to back up this claim of paid reviews, and haven't just decided this must be what's happening behind the scenes because you can't wrap your head around the idea of people liking stuff you don't... ;)
Well. the fact that with the exception of Guardians and Wakanda none of the other ones made money must say something. Spiderman movies are still Sony's. Just saying. :)

Where’s my check, Disney?

Well. the fact that with the exception of Guardians and Wakanda none of the other ones made money must say something. Spiderman movies are still Sony's. Just saying. :)
“With the exception of the movies that made money…” is probably not the best way to start an example.

There were also a lot of factors at play, including the worse pandemic of modern history absolutely shuttering the theater business for an extended period.

Despite that, you forgot that Shang-Chi made a profit and a sequel is coming. Oh, and Multiverse of Madness made just shy of $1 billion.

Last edited:
Tbh I think marvel is done scraping at the bottom of the barrel for characters and gonna give us the people we actually want to see. Releasing crap like eternals and Agatha made them think they could put out anything and it’ll sell when that’s not the case anymore

I don't know about that.
Just wondering have you watched xmen 97? It’s absolutely amazing and the animation is almost on par with that castlevania series. I’m surprised Disney is pulling this off tbh. That goblin queen fight was spectacular

This is coming from someone who hated some of the phase 4 crap. Despised wandavision

Shang-Chi only made 432 million, the movie cost somewhere between 150 to 200 million, not counting promoting the film. The theaters take half where is the profit? Regardless, Lots of people, myself included, feel disappointed with the direction they are going. I loved phase 1 - 3. Believe me, in no way I want them to fail, but reality is that they are loosing money. How far can they go making movies that hardly anyone goes to see.

Just wondering have you watched xmen 97? It’s absolutely amazing and the animation is almost on par with that castlevania series. I’m surprised Disney is pulling this off tbh. That goblin queen fight was spectacular

This is coming from someone who hated some of the phase 4 crap. Despised wandavision
I loved X-men 97 so far. I think De Mayo has done a great job. But then he was fired, so there you go.

Back