Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks really good. The clothing isn't the best I've ever seen, but its not awful either. Kind of looks a little "soft" and frumpy. Not sure if thats the type of suit in real life or a problem in scaling it down.

The head looks awesome though.

The suit looks browner than it's appeared in the past, which is great. It's always bothered me that CO never did a Tennant figure that looked like he was wearing a brown suit, which is how it looks on screen. I just wish they could do the blue stripes a little thinner.

Looks good.

603195_10152103089701002_1434371964_n.jpg

Looks good to me!

Everything but the neck looks great. I will probably get him on tge after market.

Thoughts copied and pasted into the other thread:

The figure itself is great, and the clothes look good overall to me. But the coat definitely needs work. I would love to think it's just a matter of futzing, but it seems like BC would be masters of futzing to me, especially for an official photo. So it just worries me that this is as good as it gets futzing-wise. I actually think it's pretty close. It just seems like the coat needs to sit higher up on the shoulders. If it's just a matter of pulling the coat up more, great. But if it's something in the cut of the coat, then hopefully they can adjust. :)

Ten-x-doctor-who-for-whovians-28491659-468-382.jpg

I don't think the jacket is 'square' enough at the shoulders.

The collar issue should be fixed with having the jacket sitting a little higher.

The clothes in general don't fit as nicely as they could. It's not just his coat. For the price they ask I feel like they could definitely do better in this regard.

Thoughts copied and pasted into the other thread:

The figure itself is great, and the clothes look good overall to me. But the coat definitely needs work. I would love to think it's just a matter of futzing, but it seems like BC would be masters of futzing to me, especially for an official photo. So it just worries me that this is as good as it gets futzing-wise. I actually think it's pretty close. It just seems like the coat needs to sit higher up on the shoulders. If it's just a matter of pulling the coat up more, great. But if it's something in the cut of the coat, then hopefully they can adjust. :)

Ten-x-doctor-who-for-whovians-28491659-468-382.jpg

I don't think the jacket is 'square' enough at the shoulders.

The collar issue should be fixed with having the jacket sitting a little higher.

I don't know... Do you think they wanted to show off the clothes and suit so they futzed the collar down to show it more?

400380_10151910941421002_75564790_n.jpg

Well the suit is nice, but I don't think that's the reason. The other thread is talking about the clothing being awful, I don't see that. The suit is really nice for Ten but from the TWO pictures we've seen of the jacket...it's leaving something to be desired.

I'm not sure. It'll probably be fine in the other pictures. The jacket has the proper positioning in the vinyl statue, so I don't see how they could really mess it up for the 1/6.

I am up for this definitely.

The clothes look OK but do need some working with. I posted this on the other BCS thread that suits and shirts rarely look good in 1:6 scale so I am not in any way surprised at this. In 10 years collecting, I don't think I have ever seen a shirt, tie and overcoat ensemble look great.

But still, this will need some attention to make it look right. Other than that, a solid figure.

The neck line is a non-issue to me personally.

I am up for this definitely.

The clothes look OK but do need some working with. I posted this on the other BCS thread that suits and shirts rarely look good in 1:6 scale so I am not in any way surprised at this. In 10 years collecting, I don't think I have ever seen a shirt, tie and overcoat ensemble look great.

But still, this will need some attention to make it look right. Other than that, a solid figure.

The neck line is a non-issue to me personally.

I totally agree, as I posted in the other thread coats over jackets are virtually impossible to get right.

I could wish for the collars to be a little smaller, but that's not stuff that would leap out at me on a shelf. The overall silhouette is what counts and it looks great in that photo from last year.

I have questions... I wonder if the glasses are wearable? Also if it's a real tie or one on elastic (and if it's not real, does anyone know where I can get one?).

Finally, LOVE the accessories. 3D specs, fob watch open and closed... didn't we also see pictures of a water-pistol? Can't wait to pose him in a James Bond pose with the water-pistol.

I'm pretty sure the glasses are wearable. How they'll look is another matter. Glasses have always been terribly difficult to acheive correctly, as well, at this scale.

I'm also guessing that the tie is real. Just a guess though.

Once the official specs hit we'll see just what he comes with. There was the other pair of Converse too, I think.

Back