Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would make a lot of people very happy if they delayed it again to get the neck right.

No, really.

It would please a lot of people and p**s off an awful lot more! BCS need the cash flow, we want the figure ASAP! :impatient:

As for collars ties and necks, I've just inspected my shelves and there hasn't been a "perfect" collar, tie, or neck produced, since Hot Toys changed their neck formation a couple of years ago anyway. Enterbay, medicom, Hot Toys and Sideshow have all done their best, but all look like BCS's latest effort. It is just a scale thing!

It would make a lot of people very happy if they delayed it again to get the neck right.

No, really.

I doubt it...

images
images

Nick Fury is another HT figure that comes to mind. Hot Toys do it all the time, why not BCS?

I doubt it...

images
images

Nick Fury is another HT figure that comes to mind. Hot Toys do it all the time, why not BCS?

I was joking! Just commenting on the fact that BCS are damned if they do - delay and change things - damned if they don't - leave them as they are. I like it as it is and want it now!!!!!!!!!!

Daron, you commented somewhere else about BCS not coming onto the forum anymore. Maybe they're just doing what every other Who licensee does - steer clear of addressing Who fans directly, who are the most fanatical and picky fans of all. I know BBC worldwide told CO to stop speaking to fans, maybe they've done the same with BCS - or maybe someone in the industry has advised them? It's a small industry and they generally know each other, even their competitors.

I just asked on their Facebook about this... but I don't understand what the 50th Anniversary edition is... is it another special edition or a new name for the standard edition?

Answer from BCS:
"The Tenth Doctor 50th Anniversary Edition is being offered in both standard and signature versions.

Both versions will come with exactly the same number of accessories etc. The Signature version will also included the signed plaque, stand and certificate of authenticity."

So, it seems like this will only be available from BCS and be limited to 1000 pieces! I signed up. I see they are looking into North American distribution to help us out postage-cost-wise, which is nice.

Last edited:
Interesting... It sounds as though from that email that they are shopping for a new North American distributor. I hope they do their research this time. Diamond was a disaster... Still I think I'll be ordering direct this time. I don't fance getting my figure 4 months after everyone else. :lol

So it sounds like they won't be distributing this one through Diamond like they did with the 11th. That's a shame. Even though there was a delay, it made the 11th Doctor available to a ton of people that would not have seen him otherwise.

So it sounds like they won't be distributing this one through Diamond like they did with the 11th. That's a shame. Even though there was a delay, it made the 11th Doctor available to a ton of people that would not have seen him otherwise.

How will that change with a new distributor? I don't understand.

Because it sounds like all sales will be handled through Big Chief, and just shipped from a north american warehouse. That is very different from the Doctor being advertised in Previews and being available to all comic book retailers in the US. The audience size suddenly shrunk by an enormous factor.

Wow I really love that latest image.

Per distributors... Hmmm... That does sound a little bit disturbing. Hopefully BC manage to still get their advertising out there.

Guys we are still working with Diamond and wish to continue to for future releases. Amy will still be handled by Diamond and we hope other releases down the line. The Tenth Doctor 50th Anniversary Edition is being sold exclusively through BIG Chief only. If there is enough demand we will look at other versions of the Tenth Doctor, but not until next year. Thanks the BIG Chief Team

Thanks for clearing that up BC. When will we find you exactly what constitutes the "50th Anniversary Edition"?

The latest pic of 10 looks great! Though by offering him only through BC they are going to lose a lot of exposure.

Thanks for clearing that up BC. When will we find you exactly what constitutes the "50th Anniversary Edition"?

I think the point is that any of the 1000 figures released this year is a "50th Anniversary Edition" - and it's available in standard and signature editions? Any future figures made based on demand will not be the 50th Anniversary edition. So everything listed on the pre-order page comes with the 50th Anniversary edition.

I was confused to at first, but now I think I get it. I wonder if this will be the future of the line - where we have to get it from BCS direct first and then wait a year to (possibly) get the figure from some other means.

Personally, I'm more than happy to support BCS directly if the pricing works out.

Edit: Okay, maybe I'm wrong. Just saw the response. So maybe there is more to it... like special packaging or something. I guess we'll find out! Anyway, I'm excited! :D

The latest pic of 10 looks great! Though by offering him only through BC they are going to lose a lot of exposure.

I don't begrudge them cutting out the middle man, at least to begin with. It's actually probably a smart way to recoup their costs. I just hope I don't squeezed out by rate exchanges and postage, as I REALLY want this guy.

Oooo I just noticed this:

The Doctor comes complete with numerous accessories including his spectacles, 3D glasses, fob watch, psychic paper wallet and water pistol. With eight interchangeable hands to adopt various poses and an illuminating display base, this is the ultimate collectable for fans of the Tenth Doctor.

I don't recall this base being mentioned anywhere. I like light up bases. :D

With exchange rates and shipping this figure will be too pricey for my liking. I think $199 shipped is enough for what we get. I'll gladly get Amy and just walk away from future releases. 10 is really looking good though, I'm sure people will be very pleased with him.

Back