Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard a few things about the firs patch that's coming.

Buffing the UMP. Possibly the PP 2000 as well.

Fixing (hopefully) the chat issues on the PS3.

Fixing lag issues on the PS3 and 360.

Buffing jets. Not sure how yet.

Nerfing stingers and Russian counterpart. It'll take two rockets to disable jets now.

Various other bigs will be fixed too.

The big thing here is that DICE is supporting their game and continuing to improve it. They'll keep at it and keep listening to feedback. Hopefully, they don't listen too close though. I love the game as is. It just needs a few things ironed out.

Wow, and what about fixing the squads? I'd be nice to play with your friends. :monkey4

Once, I got a jet in one shot, don't know how I did that or if it was from an assist.

How many rockets does it take for you to take out a tank by the way? Takes me 3.

Any key areas I should be aiming for?
Depends on the angle. Takes at least three from the front and I think the side too. If you shoot them in the rear, it's two.

With all the freaking flares these aircraft have, I rarely hit anything myself. I get that one rocket disabling is powerful, but you got to hit the stinkin thing first hehe. I had a game yesterday where I spent the whole game firing rockets at a couple aircraft. I shot one helicopter down eventually but couldn't get the jet. It seemed like they had an unlimited supply of flares.

I dont think it needs two shots, once you get the flares ground rockets can be flared away, its only for jets that haven't got the flares yet.

Buffed jets could mean that the upgrades will unlock faster.

.The big thing here is that DICE is supporting their game and continuing to improve it. They'll keep at it and keep listening to feedback. Hopefully, they don't listen too close though. I love the game as is. It just needs a few things ironed out.

Agreed, the game is pretty much perfect, just needs some adjustments

I'd like

The EOD to control a bit better
Air vehicles to unlock upgrades quicker
Cook grenades

That's about it really :hi5:

Yeah, you couldn't cook grenades in BC2 either and it doesnt make much sense. At least in BC2, you could hold down the button while you aimed your throw. I think they buffed grenade damage in Bf3 though.

I have a few ideas for fixes, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Alright, I'll flank from that side then. Wish me luck!

Go for it. Sometimes it pays to be patient and wait until a tank is in the right position. As soon as you hit them, the know you're there, so they'll start blasting away, so make that first shot count and maybe you'll be able to get a second shot in before they can turn toward you or run away. Tank busting is one of my favorite things to do in BF.

If you're out of rockets, dont be afraid to run up to the tank and use your repair tool. For some reason, it hurts them. Just don't stand in front of or behind them when you do it or they can just run you over.

Go for it. Sometimes it pays to be patient and wait until a tank is in the right position. As soon as you hit them, the know you're there, so they'll start blasting away, so make that first shot count and maybe you'll be able to get a second shot in before they can turn toward you or run away. Tank busting is one of my favorite things to do in BF.

If you're out of rockets, dont be afraid to run up to the tank and use your repair tool. For some reason, it hurts them. Just don't stand in front of or behind them when you do it or they can just run you over.

LOL

Yeah, you could do that in bad company too. You can kill someone with the repair tool too which is confirmed but it takes like 3 seconds though, so I've heard.

I love killing tanks too. I just want to know the best spot to hit 'em at. Usually I shot my rocket and run or crawl to a different spot. They usually never know where I'm at.

Yeah, you couldn't cook grenades in BC2 either and it doesnt make much sense. At least in BC2, you could hold down the button while you aimed your throw. I think they buffed grenade damage in Bf3 though.

I have a few ideas for fixes, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Yeah its the inability to aim for any length of time when throwing.

Took out two scout choppers with RPG's today & managed to fly an attack chopper for about 8 minutes or so and land again so 8 i'm pretty pleased with myself

Last edited:
Took a break from MP and finished the campaign tonight...it was pretty standard fare for a military campaign, with a few cool set pieces thrown in. I didnt think that it was quite as exciting as some COD titles, but there were some moments that really stood out because of the realistic approach. I will likely run back through it for achievements and to replay some of the fun moments.

Whomever gets a kill with a jet must feel all kinds of bad ass. :lol

Hands down MP is all kinds of awesome fun.

But man do those player models look like ass.

I've not been keeping up with this, I think i'm just going to get it around Christmas but do the graphics look any better than the beta? Thanks

For the past week i've been going to a friends house just to play the multiplayer for this game. I freakin love it! The sound effects, lighting, destruction and scale of maps is just amazing. Theres nothing like running through an open area, bullets flying by your face, the building next to you being blown to bits and just making it to cover as the screen turns red. This is hands down the ultimate in FPS multiplayer.

Move over Call of Duty. Stay out of this one Halo. Battlefield is back in town, as if it never left.

Back