Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But man do those player models look like ass.

They look like random US SF to me but well done but when they hurdle, jump, climb, reload, yeah, they look like ass. The machine gunner can't even hold the M60 right. He grips the ammo can. LOL

Last night, I made good use of the map. Anyone have details about hot it works in respects to gaming mode?

I was playing conquest large (32 vs. 32) on Siene crossing. I was safely tucked into one of those corner stores and I would zoom into my map to find the enemy.

I think the enemy is marked under these two conditions:

Last night, I made good use of the map. Anyone have details about hot it works in respects to gaming mode?

I was playing conquest large (32 vs. 32) on Siene crossing. I was safely tucked into one of those corner stores and I would zoom into my map to find the enemy.

From observation and experience: the enemy is marked under these conditions:

1. If they're firing their weapon.
  2. If they're in your field of vision.
  3. If they're in teammates' field of vision.

When you get killed by an enemy they light up as if they've been spotted, is this only so you can see where they were or does it automatically spot them for your whole team?

For the past week i've been going to a friends house just to play the multiplayer for this game. I freakin love it! The sound effects, lighting, destruction and scale of maps is just amazing. Theres nothing like running through an open area, bullets flying by your face, the building next to you being blown to bits and just making it to cover as the screen turns red. This is hands down the ultimate in FPS multiplayer.

Move over Call of Duty. Stay out of this one Halo. Battlefield is back in town, as if it never left.

:goodpost: :exactly:

The sound is frickin amazing, i've got my surround speakers all going and they really help with the gameplay, i can follow the sound of gunfire or aircraft from my speakers to the correct side of my character. Sniper bullets really soind like they are going super sonic as they blow past you.

Frostbite 2.0 is awesome, i had a bunch of bricks and building fall on my guy and his health went down the 10%, i was easy pickings after that.

When you get killed by an enemy they light up as if they've been spotted, is this only so you can see where they were or does it automatically spot them for your whole team?

I think behavior will vary between servers. So I'm not entirely sure.

Since you've been killed, I'm assuming they must have used a weapon (knife, projectile) therefore they get marked on the map.

Someone verify! =D

I've played 19 hours of Multiplayer since it came out. I may or may not have a problem. This game is amazing. Any PS3 players here?

The Battlefeld gods were not with me today. One horrible team after another. The camping was epidemic too. They'd run into a building and stay all game. that's not how you play Conquest. I have having to clear out the same building five times in one game. Bad game day.

The Battlefeld gods were not with me today. One horrible team after another. The camping was epidemic too. They'd run into a building and stay all game. that's not how you play Conquest. I have having to clear out the same building five times in one game. Bad game day.

What map!?

Yeah, they weren't kind to me last night as well.

What map!?

Yeah, they weren't kind to me last night as well.

All of them. If the map had an outhouse, they used it. I can't remember the last time I got shot in the back so much. When you're on a bad team ad playing against campers, you can do no right. They'll always see you before you see them.

All of them. If the map had an outhouse, they used it. I can't remember the last time I got shot in the back so much. When you're on a bad team ad playing against campers, you can do no right. They'll always see you before you see them.

That's the thing with conquest! A lot of camping since you have the team has to defend the flag; especially with 64 players. Which is why I like being engineer. I rocket a squad camping in a room, boom! My name pops up 4 times with SMAW next to it.

Just be mindful of hiding spots; I guess.

Thats all well and good unless you're playing alone with a team of morons. No ones watching your back and if youre the only one trying to get anything done, you tend to stick out to all those camping idiots. You're the only target.

I'll know about that building on the left, but theres also a nice hiding spot on the right. I guess and cover the left and get killed from the right. It's lose/lose. Reminds me of the bad ol days in BC2. I've had good luck for the most part with teams, but today was a disaster.

Thats all well and good unless you're playing alone with a team of morons. No ones watching your back and if youre the only one trying to get anything done, you tend to stick out to all those camping idiots. You're the only target.

I'll know about that building on the left, but theres also a nice hiding spot on the right. I guess and cover the left and get killed from the right. It's lose/lose. Reminds me of the bad ol days in BC2. I've had good luck for the most part with teams, but today was a disaster.

Spam grenades! Smoke 'em out.

For the past week i've been going to a friends house just to play the multiplayer for this game. I freakin love it! The sound effects, lighting, destruction and scale of maps is just amazing. Theres nothing like running through an open area, bullets flying by your face, the building next to you being blown to bits and just making it to cover as the screen turns red. This is hands down the ultimate in FPS multiplayer.

Move over Call of Duty. Stay out of this one Halo. Battlefield is back in town, as if it never left.

Word.

Best military FPS period. This coming from a long time MOH/COD player.

:goodpost: :exactly:

The sound is frickin amazing, i've got my surround speakers all going and they really help with the gameplay, i can follow the sound of gunfire or aircraft from my speakers to the correct side of my character. Sniper bullets really soind like they are going super sonic as they blow past you.

Frostbite 2.0 is awesome, i had a bunch of bricks and building fall on my guy and his health went down the 10%, i was easy pickings after that.

The snap and report when sniping is sweet for sure, not so much when you're on the receiving end.:lol

Spam grenades! Smoke 'em out.

Hard to smoke them out when you don't know where they are. Operation Firestorm for example. Big dark buildings with tons of places to hide. You cant possibly predict where they're hiding. You can go prone in a corner somewhere and be invisible for as long as you want. It's not like we're talking bout one guy in a tiny shack. They camped everywhere and if you want to hide in Bf3 it's not hard to do it.

I noticed a lot of douches using the parachute trick too. Parachute from a chopper so you can get on top of some high up place that's perfect for camping. Even more annoying now that they can do it with the recon kit and drop that stupid radio beacon. I saw all the cheesy tactics today and didn't have the players to help me stop it. Very annoying and always leaves a bad taste until you can have a good game again.

They look like random US SF to me but well done but when they hurdle, jump, climb, reload, yeah, they look like ass. The machine gunner can't even hold the M60 right. He grips the ammo can. LOL

My only gripe with the BF series is the iron sight gun models/red dot sights ex: 416, IAR, SCAR-H, G3, etc. They look very exaggerated, and cartoony. This is one area where the MW series kills BF IMO.

I guess it has to do with the game engine, but if DICE could just polish them up the game would be close to perfect.

My only gripe with the BF series is the iron sight gun models/red dot sights ex: 416, IAR, SCAR-H, G3, etc. They look very exaggerated, and cartoony. This is one area where the MW series kills BF IMO.

I guess it has to do with the game engine, but if DICE could just polish them up the game would be close to perfect.

Ironically, these things are probably a lot more accurate in BF. I dont have an issue with it either way. Although, I just unlocked the G36C and it's has the worst iron sight in the world. So big and clunky. It blocks way too much of your vision when you aim. I'll have to try and unlock the reflex for that sucker fast.

I finally managed to get a kill in a jet! I'm starting to get the hang of the controls. Keep me away from the helicopters though. Those things are death traps.

Back