Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rented servers will be the death of BF3 for many players. I'm assuming EA is making tons of money from them or else they wouldve gotten rid of them a long time ago. Theyre as much hated as they are enjoyed.

Okay so I just downloaded the patch that was released for the 360 version. The only reason I downloaded it was to try the color blind option but it's supposed to have some big fixes. Anyway, I guess the patch includes the server download which I absolutely hate because now I can't play regular games with regular rules. I mainly play TDM and the only games available are custom games hosted by players. Where are the DICE games? Do they even have their own server? I don't want to play 200 or more tickets. I want to play 100. I want to play all maps. I don't just want to play Noshahr Canals which seems to be the only choice on many servers.

Does anyone know why there is no option to play normal games? I think it's ridiculous that I'm given no choice but to play custom games. Some custom games have different out of area zones so I can't even play the way I normally play.

If custom games are the only option then I guess I'll have to delete the update so I can just get DICE servers but I'd rather not have to do that. Any solutions?

This is exactly why I have not bought the premium membership. I want to play on ea or dice servers not someones rented server with pistols only and 2000 ticket tdm.

Has anyone tried the close quarters TDM? It was available in the update. I figured close quarters would mean smaller maps for tighter gameplay but no, teams are now 8 players each while the maps are the same size. Does this make sense to anyone?

I'm kind of thinking the same thing too. Lot's of content for a decent price.

Ok it's actually $60. Kinda pissed about that.

Decent price is a laugh. Back in November I bought the Limited Edition from Play.com for £32, since it already comes with Back to Karkand. £40 for DLC... how does DLC cost more than the game itself...

Besides all that, reading up all this and past BF games there's been a lot of mixed reactions. This could end up some bum DLC packs. Then there's the other comments complaining about the amount of cheating the game has as it is.

I thought so? They said if you got premium you could "start playing today." Which would have been yesterday.

Only for the Playstation.

In the Battlefield 3: Premium trailer and through the latest press releases, new information has risen regarding the AC-130. The AC-130 is a ground-attack aircraft, sporting canons and machine guns on one side. Many gamers were hoping that the plane would be driveable, but according to new information, the AC-130 can't be driven. That doesn't make the gunship completely useless though, players can spawn on the aircraft and man the onboard weapons. A total of two people can be in the plane at once.

I haven't pulled the trigger on Premium yet. I've already seen people who paid for Premium complaining about problems trying to start a CQ game. Not to mention cost. Which is a non-issue for me. May just end up waiting till the dust settles.

I don't have Premium yet, so I'm not sure how better it is over the normal knife. I don't think there's any major difference than looking like a big glorified box cutter. :lol

Nova, what platform are you playing on? I'm on PS3.

I bit the bullet and got premium. So far it's not bad. You get the premium dog tag to begin with and 5 challenges to unlock 5 premium dog tags. The weapons that the assignments require you to use all have a custom skin so F2000, PKP MG, Scar, and L96.

The new knife doesn't do ____ all, just a new skin. You also get 2 new premium camo jobs for your character models. Airman Camo and Tactical camo.

Xbox players don't even get access to Close Quarters until next week which I think is total bull____.

Oh and if you upgrade, your background at the menu screen is all sparkly and says premium.

They also have a calendar that shows you what content will be dropped and in what month and it looks like a lot of stuff although you a lot of it is to be announced stuff.

Also looks like premium members get a monthly double XP event.

I was on the fence on getting premium for like 10 minutes, :lol. But I bought it after those 10 minutes. I think it's worth it. You get the 3 expansion packs and new assignments for new guns. I guess we'll be playing this game for a long time.

I'm really really hating the June 4th update. It seems every gun I was good with and liked to use blows now. Also only being able to play custom games and not ones hosted by EA/Dice is ridiculous. I got this game the day it came out and really enjoyed but it seems everything is going downhill. I think it's time for me to move onto another game.

Back