Alien Queen Diorama - up for presale now!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem with the base that I can see. It's supposed to be a weathered loading platform, scarred from heavy use. The chips, scratches, scrapes and oil spills are all supposed to be there. Close ups of the proto piece from Sideshow's publicity shoot show an equal amount of weathering.

It would appear you may be mistaking a purposely weathered finish for imperfections.

Finally my Queen has arrived and she is awesome, the Queen herself is flawless, however the base is shoddy, bad paint job. Check out the last couple of pics, the paint is all over the place. BTW I got #290/1000.

Cheers.

I can confirm yours is perfect. That is how it was made. They weather the base to make it look old as a cargo bay would look after many years of usage. The Terminator Endoskeleton 1:2 Bust I will be getting also has weathering around the joint areas even though the photo's look as if it is off the assembly line. If you don't like the look, just re-paint over it in black and make it a normal base if you are not going to use it as a diorama with the power loader.

OK, I received the Queen of all queen's today. Put her together and she looks amazing. I do have one question though. All of the spikes on the back are loose and the head leans back when I place it in the hole. Is this normal for all of them? Do you guys use anything to secure them in place like silly putty? Mine is number 265 btw. The box said number 9109 though. Perhaps that was some mistake? Ultimately it looks flawless as far as I can tell. I will post pics soon.

Last edited:
my head and spikes are a bit loose too. the head does lay back on mine slightly, but it appears to be on perfect. unless im wrong too, i think its normal.

Here's the first pic without flash ;)
img3832u.jpg

Here's with the flash
img3835o.jpg

The box said number 9109 though. Perhaps that was some mistake?

The 9109 refers to the Sideshow catalogue number of the item. The edition no. is usually handwritten in black marker pen on the lower right-hand corner of the shipping box.

Phew! Thanks for the reassurance guys I really appreciate it, I wasn't sure, but after what you guys said and seeing other pics the base is fine.

Cheers

That´s a great piece. Congrats to all who getting one.
The Queen looks just awsome. Base looks also nice to me on the pictures.

Apologies if this is old, but does anyone think the size of the box is a bit too big for for the size of the dio? I have my dio sitting on the box(only place I have for it) and it just seems the box is excessive in size. 1 more thing, anyone else having probs keeping the back leg down? Mine wants to come up a bit, not enough to topple over but enough to annoy, it's forward heavy.

Back