Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chloe Bennet knows how hard it can be as an Asian-American actor in Hollywood.

The "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." star clapped back on social media this week when she was questioned about changing her last name.

"Changing my last name doesn't change the fact that my BLOOD is half Chinese, that I lived in China, speak Mandarin or that I was culturally raised both American and Chinese," she wrote. "It means I had to pay my rent, and Hollywood is racist and wouldn't cast me with a last name that made them uncomfortable."

The comment came after Bennet, who started out in the business as "Chloe Wang," posted a statement from actor Ed Skrein in which he announced he stepped down from a role in the upcoming "Hellboy" because he felt he would be "whitewashing" a character of Asian descent.

Bennet thanked Skrein in her caption.

"There is no way this decision came lightly on your part, so thank you for your bravery and genuinely impactful step forward." she wrote. "I hope this inspires other actors/film makers to do the same."

This is not the first time the actress has spoken out about changing her name.

"Oh, the first audition I went on after I changed my name, I got booked," Bennet told The Daily Beast last year. "So that's a pretty clear little snippet of how Hollywood works."

View attachment 363054

Doesn't she play beside Ming Na Wen, who has had a pretty good career? I'm betting they had more of a problem with her name being WANG than it being Asian, IF they had a problem at all. She is only 25 after all.

BTW....that article left off the part where she told the person who asked her about her name change to F' off. :lol

Doesn't she play beside Ming Na Wen, who has had a pretty good career? I'm betting they had more of a problem with her name being WANG than it being Asian, IF they had a problem at all. She is only 25 after all.

BTW....that article left off the part where she told the person who asked her about her name change to F' off. lol
:goodpost: :lecture

I was excited when I saw that intro montage. So Season One and stylish!
But then it cuts to usual cheap crap AoS, now in boring AF dark "space" set.
Sigh...

Should i even finnish last season if i have no desire to watch the whole Mahine Rising Up storyline that ties into that scientist guy story who was in the Mummy?

I just want the Inhumans storyline.

Saw the 2 eps and it seemed somewhat interesting. I'm a fan of the show since the beginning so I'll watch it but we'll see how it goes.

For me this new season is not boding well so far after the 1st 2 eps. I was hoping maybe we'd finally see ties again into the MCU with them going into space, but nope. They finally could've had the opportunity to truly link these together with the season ending just as we headed into Avengers Infinity War and finally had Coulson (he was so great in the movies) and maybe Quake cross over into the movies. Instead we get a time travel story into the future. I hate that crap. It never turns out to make any sense and just causes continuity problems. And the story already makes no sense in what happened and who caused the destruction.... I don't think so, hopefully it's BS. And people in blue makeup as the Kree sucks. Hopefully they are not ruined as are now the Inhumans after that unwatchable disaster.

Last season had me in the 1st half with Ghost Rider. I thought he was gonna be terrible and they'd ruin him, but I was pleasantly surprised. Then the 2nd half lost me with the Framework crap. I don't care about watching fake stories in a Matrix ripoff. 1 or 2 episodes would've been fine, but they dragged it on waaay too long at nearly half the season. I started scanning through episodes instead of fully watching since they really meant jack sh@t once the story line ended as it was all make believe.

I wish Marvel or Feige would just come out and say this show is no longer part of and in continuity with the MCU so I can stop watching. :(
Maybe Disney should've just let ABC cancel this like they wanted to after last season. And then they could've at least brought back Coulson into the MCU...

For me this new season is not boding well so far after the 1st 2 eps. I was hoping maybe we'd finally see ties again into the MCU with them going into space, but nope. They finally could've had the opportunity to truly link these together with the season ending just as we headed into Avengers Infinity War and finally had Coulson (he was so great in the movies) and maybe Quake cross over into the movies. Instead we get a time travel story into the future. I hate that crap. It never turns out to make any sense and just causes continuity problems. And the story already makes no sense in what happened and who caused the destruction.... I don't think so, hopefully it's BS. And people in blue makeup as the Kree sucks. Hopefully they are not ruined as are now the Inhumans after that unwatchable disaster.

Last season had me in the 1st half with Ghost Rider. I thought he was gonna be terrible and they'd ruin him, but I was pleasantly surprised. Then the 2nd half lost me with the Framework crap. I don't care about watching fake stories in a Matrix ripoff. 1 or 2 episodes would've been fine, but they dragged it on waaay too long at nearly half the season. I started scanning through episodes instead of fully watching since they really meant jack sh@t once the story line ended as it was all make believe.

I wish Marvel or Feige would just come out and say this show is no longer part of and in continuity with the MCU so I can stop watching. :(
Maybe Disney should've just let ABC cancel this like they wanted to after last season. And then they could've at least brought back Coulson into the MCU...

Well said.

End this nightmare and bring Coulson back into the MCU.

I loved the show right up to the end of S3 but no longer felt the need to continue because I still could not overcome my disappointment over Coulson not returning for AOU.

I’m liking this season so far. Production quality seems much improved also. People don’t seem to understand that Marvel Studios don’t communicate well with the TV studios, so a completely synced MCU Movie and TV universe is currently impossible.

Back