Watch Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Watch_Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Amazing, brilliant single player campain, and realistic fighting and the AI use cover and shoot mechanics really well. I think Im at the end of the game because it has got CRAZY hard now. One more sitting and the story campaign will be over

Okay, so I was really loving this game, but I've finally reached a mission that is really ruining my enjoyment...

Spoiler Spoiler:

/end rant

Finished the game... the last campaign was THE MOST DIFFICULT... there were some crazy ones before that which will put your driving to the test... so brush up on your driving.

Also

Okay, so I was really loving this game, but I've finally reached a mission that is really ruining my enjoyment...

Spoiler Spoiler:

/end rant

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just started playing this, and I'm not loving it. After the first mission they just kinda drop you in the world without explaining much of anything.

Watch_Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Played this for an hour or so last night. The amount of content seems borderline overwhelming...I felt like there's also a pretty big learning curve when it comes to the gameplay mechanics. Didn't quite feel comfortable with the game yet by the time I turned it off. Still, it was fun, so I'm eager to dive back in and get more proficient at it.

This is exactly how my first experience was and I agree that there is so much to do in this game. I've played for a good 4 hours or so and now i feel as though I have the hang of the basic mechanics. Still trying to get used to the whole crafting thing.

Needless to say, this game is going to take a lot more time to get the hang of things and just picking the game up for an hour here and there does not make for the greatest experience.

Edit: the MP is quite fun and is thrown into the experience just enough to not annoy me.

Last edited:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah thanks, I'll try it again for the 1000th time...just needed to take a break and regroup before I punched a hole through my TV :lol

Dont worry, this one is probably the last 'boss battle' designed like a 'boss battle' the showdowns after this will focus on your getaway driving and stealth skills mostly than you go in heavy and hard. Besides this campaign's ending is what escalates the whole story and it becomes more more fast paced and immersive from hereon.

Also, yes I too had to retry this last fight multiple times before I hit through with the
Spoiler Spoiler:
tactic

In free roam I completed two of the more significant campaigns of 'missing persons' (hunting down a serial killer who kills women and makes a ritualistic display) and
Spoiler Spoiler:

In free roam I completed two of the more significant campaigns of 'missing persons' (hunting down a serial killer who kills women and makes a ritualistic display

Where and when do you pick up that mission?

I dont remember specifically but they are those collecting items/hacking missions which are marked on the map while the main story progresses. Useyour progression wheel to see them.

Finally got this and managed to play for a few hours over the weekend. The controls are good especially the hacking and as others have said there is a ton of content. Aiden Pearce is certainly not my favorite game protagonist of all time, but he's ok. Gotta love his "Batman" voice delivery. I really do like all the attention to detail and the humor that shows up here and there. So far a solid 8.0 out of 10 for me.

Just finished this today. Much better than expected. Personally I think this is the best game made for the PS4/Xbox1 so far. Easy 9/10 from me.

The one motorcycle sounds like it's autotuned and it really annoys the hell out of me.

Just finished this today. Much better than expected. Personally I think this is the best game made for the PS4/Xbox1 so far. Easy 9/10 from me.

Same. I guess I set my expectations super low for this one, cause in reality, its pretty fun. Engaging side missions for the most part, interesting main missions and surprising engaging combat at times. And for my money, the game looks quite nice on the PS4. This game is what Infamous Second Son was not - fun!!

I bought this, but haven't had much time to play. I plan on really diving into this game this weekend. So far though I like what I have played. I feel like I have only scratched the surface. The driving sucks, but the hacking and sneaking make up for it. I just met Clara, so I hope it only gets better from there.

The driving doesnt suck actually.. Ithought so too.. but once you get the hang of it you will see different cas react differently. Try driving muscle cars in the beginning or larger sedans. And ease on pumping that accelerator. Once you do all of that you will see how amazing the driving actually is. And you have to drive well in the game or else you will go nowhere in later missions when it gets harder

The driving doesnt suck actually.. Ithought so too.. but once you get the hang of it you will see different cas react differently. Try driving muscle cars in the beginning or larger sedans. And ease on pumping that accelerator. Once you do all of that you will see how amazing the driving actually is. And you have to drive well in the game or else you will go nowhere in later missions when it gets harder

:hi5: Thanks for the tip! I love the infiltration missions. It is fun using the cameras and environment to take out guys. I rarely use my gun. The stealth is not bad.

Driving takes a little getting used to, but its decent. It aint GTA IV bad....but its not as tight as GTA V driving either

I gave this game a shot, tried to like it but couldn't finish it. The graphics on the PS3 are pretty awful. I didn't like Aidan at all. He was boring and annoying. The rest of the cast was better but it wasn't enough for me to keep playing.

The gameplay showed some potential. I quite liked the hacking and scanning stuff. But car chases annoyed me. The hacking of the traffic lights or blockers rarely worked as smoothly as shown in preview videos. So it often resulted in simply trying to ram each other off the road. I wouldn't have minded this so much if the game offered the possibility to shoot from my car or hack my opponents' cars. You can pretty much hack anything in this game but why not cars?

:hi5: Thanks for the tip! I love the infiltration missions. It is fun using the cameras and environment to take out guys. I rarely use my gun. The stealth is not bad.

I've yet to complete a mission using only stealth. I'll take out a guy or two using the environment, only to be discovered by someone approaching the guy I just took out. Maybe I'm not fast enough to go from camera to camera looking for items that will explode on the curious guard(s).

Back