TitanFall - from the original creators of Call of Duty (Xbox One/Xbox 360/PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm very much late to the party, I got sick of cod so never bothered with this. But seeing as all of the expansions are now free on origin I decided to pick it up and give it a go...... I love it! I've been missing out it seems. I'm not sure if it will hold my attention as long as the battlefield games do, but it will now be my go too game if I fancy a quick blast. Given how uninterested I am in bf Hardline, this may be just what I needed to shorten the wait for Star wars battlefront 3.

Am I right on thinking there is no single player campaign option? I haven't found it if there is. Fortunately it seems the pc version still has an active community playing online.

Well I'm very much late to the party, I got sick of cod so never bothered with this. But seeing as all of the expansions are now free on origin I decided to pick it up and give it a go...... I love it! I've been missing out it seems. I'm not sure if it will hold my attention as long as the battlefield games do, but it will now be my go too game if I fancy a quick blast. Given how uninterested I am in bf Hardline, this may be just what I needed to shorten the wait for Star wars battlefront 3.

Am I right on thinking there is no single player campaign option? I haven't found it if there is. Fortunately it seems the pc version still has an active community playing online.

The campaign technically takes place during the multiplayer.

The campaign technically takes place during the multiplayer.

Yeah I found that bit, I wondered if there was a proper campaign, I guess not. Never mind, for the low price I paid to have all of the content, I'm not too bothered. The multiplayer is great fun. I wouldn't have paid the full RRP + premium mind.

Okay, I'm sure this will have been discussed before. I've played maybe 7hrs of Titanfall now, and while I'm liking it a lot, there is one major Elephant in the room..... The Frickin Smart pistol!! Who on Earth thought that was a good idea? I'm regularly topping the leader boards so I'm no slouch, but I was in a server earlier against some very good players all of whom were using those awful things and just instant killing us why cloaked and bouncing around on roof tops. It is pathetic, and requires no skill at all, I'd be ashamed to use it personally.... If they removed it from the game tomorrow, I'd be very happy indeed.

Yeah, Smart pistol was a miscalculation I think.

Only thing that killed it for me: screen tear on my tv is bad and the challenges in order to prestige....

I'd say Miscalculation is probably the politest way you could possibly describe the Smart pistol! :lol I can think of a few more words for it lol. It's awful, I can't see why they would have put it in, it essentially makes people aimbots, it's just mind boggling. Three games in that server full of pro players running around with those things almost put me off of the game entirely and I've only had it two days. Surely they aren't getting any satisfaction from using it no matter how high their K/D ratios are. Errrgh.

As for screen tearing, I can't say I've noticed any on the PC so far, I have everything maxed out and play on a 144hz monitor, the game is so fast paced I don't really notice. It is certainly easier to spot people than it is in BF4 which was the only shooter I played regularly before picking this up. So that's nice..

I think its a great game also. You will get a bit bored of it but its one of those games that draws you back after a little while. And, now the dlc is all free, its a great time to get this. You can pick this up for around £10 now. Looking forward to the second one.

I'd say Miscalculation is probably the politest way you could possibly describe the Smart pistol! :lol I can think of a few more words for it lol. It's awful, I can't see why they would have put it in, it essentially makes people aimbots, it's just mind boggling. Three games in that server full of pro players running around with those things almost put me off of the game entirely and I've only had it two days. Surely they aren't getting any satisfaction from using it no matter how high their K/D ratios are. Errrgh.

As for screen tearing, I can't say I've noticed any on the PC so far, I have everything maxed out and play on a 144hz monitor, the game is so fast paced I don't really notice. It is certainly easier to spot people than it is in BF4 which was the only shooter I played regularly before picking this up. So that's nice..

On PC, no issues......and on the console version, really depended on the TV. My cousins TV had little to no screen tear that was evident; on mine, moreso

Titanfall is a great game that I still play to this day.

I'm excited they "confirmed" Titanfall 2, I'm hoping they do add a single player campaign though (perhaps make it co-op?). As great as Titanfall is with solely multiplayer, I am a gamer that likes campaign in all games (whether it's COD or not).

Back