Watch Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Watch_Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Iv decided to get rid of mine. I had high hopes for this but it just doesnt grab me. I was initially let down by the graphics. I actually think it looks quite bad. As a game, its good but not great. There is no wow factor and I felt like I was playing it for the sake iv spent £44 on it. I know people like the 1 button hacking but it wears thin after a while and seems to easy to hack people and cash points ....
the only bit I cared for and wanted to find out more was the old guy villain. He seemed pretty ruthless and cool lol.
On paper, the skills you unlock, the hacking, the fact it has a heavy mix of gta, max payne, Assassins creed... it should be awesome but its not for me.
The fact I wanted to play a laggy bf4 kinda made my mind up.

what rig are you playing with? Unless you have a powerful rig you wont be able to experience its really sharp graphics. I can play it on all ultra. No lags for me. Because I have a powerful system. Game looks gorgeous and the combat too is very realistic.

what rig are you playing with? Unless you have a powerful rig you wont be able to experience its really sharp graphics. I can play it on all ultra. No lags for me. Because I have a powerful system. Game looks gorgeous and the combat too is very realistic.

My rig is the xb1 :rotfl
It looks ok but I was expecting more. Dont get me wrong its good and it ticks allot of the right boxes , it just does'nt want to make me keep playing .

Sorry to hear it gypsycatcha.....!

Got caught up in the cell phone games as of late. I just beat Alone last night...short and sweet...but it was pretty creepy. Love having a mini horror game in this world. And I know there is another with the UFOs

Played some more of ACT2 this morning. Game is getting somewhat more enjoyable, but the fact still remains that I do not find myself wanting to play very often.

This one is going to take a while for me to finish.

Can't get into it at all.

Main character is so boring I want to hunt him down myself. Pretty sure the bad guys were right in trying to kill him.

Played some more of ACT2 this morning. Game is getting somewhat more enjoyable, but the fact still remains that I do not find myself wanting to play very often.

This one is going to take a while for me to finish.

I'm the same way. I played a little of Act 2, and it is better than Act 1, but not enough to turn me around. I find the side mission stuff(hunting the serial killer, the weapons cache inverstigation, Gang Hideouts) way more interesting than the main storyline. And other than Jordie, I don't like any of these characters. They are all bad cliches or one dimensional *******s.

I'm the same way. I played a little of Act 2, and it is better than Act 1, but not enough to turn me around. I find the side mission stuff(hunting the serial killer, the weapons cache inverstigation, Gang Hideouts) way more interesting than the main storyline. And other than Jordie, I don't like any of these characters. They are all bad cliches or one dimensional *******s.

I've not done any of those side missions yet, however; I was successful in completing a full mission stealth. So I think I got the hang of that way of doing things.

I've not done any of those side missions yet, however; I was successful in completing a full mission stealth. So I think I got the hang of that way of doing things.

Yeah on some of the stealth missions, I only pull out my gun just to do it. It is kind of weird how they give you a silenced pistol from the beginning. No work or anything.

Worst part about this game is just when I'm about to start a new mission, it denies me to tell me I'm being invaded. Talk about a waste of time. :gah: I just want to progress the game, not look for someone trying to hack me.

Worst part about this game is just when I'm about to start a new mission, it denies me to tell me I'm being invaded. Talk about a waste of time. :gah: I just want to progress the game, not look for someone trying to hack me.

Check the online options, and disable the online Invasions option. Simple :lecture

i leave the online Invasions on because its part of the experience and i don't mind them "even though its annoying at times"

and i can't leave this game for a second for whatever break i take because someone is already hacking you

Doesn't it work that the more you invade players, the more you get invaded? I know I have learned to not hack the Blume Affiliates, and that seems to cut down on it too.

I just wish the story was better. Drop this boring revenge plot and make Aiden more like the guys from Persons of Interest. Just a guy with access to all this data and trying to make Chicago a better place. I don't know. I will keep playing it, but it has not hit me in a spot where I am dying to get back into it.

I beat the story in my week of renting it from Redbox. Story and characters were very underwhelming. I didn't care for Aiden or his family and I could have cared less about what he was trying to do. But the gameplay and how he was able to manipulate his surroundings was great. I just was not sucked into this game as I have with others. I'm glad I didn't buy this, but it was worth the rent to me.

'Could care less' means u did care a bit then. This phrase usually gets used incorrectly. It should be 'couldn't care less' because that means u don't care at all. Sorry but it winds me up when people say 'could care less'.

He cared enough to post his opinion of the game. :monkey5

'Could care less' means u did care a bit then. This phrase usually gets used incorrectly. It should be 'couldn't care less' because that means u don't care at all. Sorry but it winds me up when people say 'could care less'.

Well done, sir.

Back