Watch Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Watch_Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

i will buy it wether it gets good or bad scores ... mainly because next gen consoles really needs games

i have a feeling it'll get a good praise .. i see critics giving it an 8 and above

Yeah, Infamous 3 was given very generous scores by critics - I just did not agree with most of them...gonna hold out on fellow freaks. You all like it, I'll bite

Ign is now saying that watchdogs isn't 1080p and 60 fps they pulled that info down

This game is shaping up awesome. I remember one guy on ign saying when he played it, he hacked into someones call and heard the boyfriend talking dirty to his girlfriend :lol

awesome :yess:

Pretty pathetic that this game which doesnt look that good graphically can't even run at 1080p or 60pfs. Next gen my arse.

The single most standout feature of this game is...............ruining a mates time on the game.
Beautiful!

My anticipation is at an all time high after looking at that video. The only thing i'm worried about is the story. Will it be interesting enough for me to play the campaign for 50 hours or whatever. Gameplay, graphics and weapons all look good but i'm just not sure on the story yet.

I cancelled my order of the PS4 version.. the fact that these "next-gen" consoles can't even handle 1080p with ultra graphics is kinda pathetic. I'm buying the PC version of the game, much cheaper too. And will be playing this in 4K as soon as I get a 4K tv while these next gen consoles are struggling at 792p/900p with medium graphics... :lol

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-runs-at-900p-on-ps4-792p-on-xbox-one/1100-6419607/

Some Xbox One/PS4 games run in 1080p, but Watch Dogs creative director Jonathan Morin told the Ubisoft Blog that he's more concerned with the overall experience rather than the technical minutiae. Plus, Morin said people tend to forget that achieving higher fidelity visuals is easier for corridor shooters than it is for open-world games like Watch Dogs.

"Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number" -- Watch Dogs creative director Jonathan Morin

"Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number. All those numbers are valid aspects of making games," Morin said. "But you make choices about the experience you want to deliver. In our case, dynamism is everything. Exploration and expression are everything. You want to have a steady framerate, but you want to have dynamism at the core of the experience. The same goes with resolution."

"People tend to look at corridor shooters, for example, where there's a corridor and all the effects are on and it's unbelievable, and they forget that if you apply those same global effects to an open city with people around and potential car crashes and guys in multiplayer showing up without warning, the same effect is applied to a lot of dynamic elements that are happening in every frame," he added. "So it becomes magnified in cost."

Watch Dogs was originally scheduled to launch back in November 2013, so couldn't Ubisoft have spent the extra six months optimizing the game's resolution? It's possible, but Morin said he was more interested in using that time to polish the game and tune it to a level he hopes fans will enjoy.

"The effort was split on continuing dynamism and making sure players can express themselves through hacking without ever being disappointed in how the game responds to them, whether it's visually or through gameplay," Morin said. "That's important. Resolution has nothing to do with that. That's why stuff like resolution can scale a bit down so that we never compromise the soul of Watch Dogs."

Also in the blog post, Ubisoft explained the specific differences between the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 and Xbox One/PS4 versions of Watch Dogs. On the single-player side, Xbox 360/PS3 players can expect fewer NPCs in some areas, but Morin says this will not affect the core gameplay. For multiplayer, Morin said Xbox 360 and PS3 owners will miss out on the Decryption competitive multiplayer mode and the ability to free roam with multiple players.

People rather have 1080p 60fps then a great game. Graphics ain't **** with out a great game.

"Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number"... what a load of BS. That's not even an argument. Hey! Price is just a number, charge 10 dollars instead of 60!

People rather have 1080p 60fps then a great game. Graphics ain't **** with out a great game.

Why can't we have both?

:lecture:goodpost::clap:hi5::yess:
"Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number"... what a load of BS. That's not even an argument. Hey! Price is just a number, charge 10 dollars instead of 60!

Why can't we have both?

Any good journalist would have said that exact rebuttal. Journalism died a long time ago though.

Back