Watch Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Watch_Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Damn it, I hate multiplayer...now I gotta put up with some ahole invading my single player experience of the game and I can't turn that feature off? Based of that trailer though, their doesn't seem to be much a single player story to this game.

It's funny how they'll make these bs trailers with graphics that wow people and get everyone's attention, but when it's time to deliver on that promise, suddenly graphics aren't that important.

a Gameplay of the PS4 ver from a leaked copy of the game

a Gameplay of the PS4 ver from a leaked copy of the game

game looks like **** looks nothing like what they showed at last years e3 I pray that the same thing don't happen with the division graphics

People are so hungry for a game they will go out and buy it because theres nothing else I ll wait to see reviews but even if its good its not day 1 for me I got mario kart 8 coming that friday for wiiu that game will be amazing and fun

Graphics look pretty good for a console to me. Keeping my expectations realistic. If you are a graphics whore, then the PC version is for you.

Didn't look too bad to be honest but compared to what was promoted it's not good. I downloaded the uncompressed video and it looked better. But you can tell on a 1080p screen that it's not full HD. There were also some jaggies visible. I hate jaggies. Makes the game look cheap.

Put me in the graphics are secondary camp. I am more concerned with story and gameplay way before graphics. Looking pretty and being boring or broken means nothing. A compelling story will make up for a great many sins in my book.

Didn't look too bad to be honest but compared to what was promoted it's not good. I downloaded the uncompressed video and it looked better. But you can tell on a 1080p screen that it's not full HD. There were also some jaggies visible. I hate jaggies. Makes the game look cheap.

I believe that what was promoted was never PS4 or XB1 gameplay. It was always PC if you're referring to last years E3 demo.

I agree that gameplay and story are more important than graphics, but I'm annoyed that after the lengthy delay they weren't able to deliver 1080p and 60fps. The gameplay must be incredibly ambitious to warrant the shortfall, so I'm eager to see the reviews!

Same. 60 fps isn't so much about graphics as it is gameplay. When a game runs better, it plays better. 60 fps shouldnt be too much to ask for at this stage of gaming.

60fps is actually a challenge to achieve even on the newer systems. If they were running things graphically on the level of the previous gen, then sure. But everything got bumped. Texture resolution, polygon count, more realistic dynamic lighting, having further draw distance and a ton of other things tax the hardware enough that something has to be sacrificed (yeah even this early in the systems lifespan). We've been trained by movies & TV to accept viewing images that have around 30fps so as long as its not something like a twitch style fps or fighting game its not that big a deal.

The new hardware is a hell of a loot more powerful than last gen. 60 fps should be standard. If they need to cut back on poly counts or low the texture rez, so be it. It's worth it for 60 fps IMO. Like I said, games don't just look better at 60 fps, but play better too. Console gamers are use to accepting 30 fps, but they shouldn't have to anymore.

Watch_Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

I agree that gameplay and story are more important than graphics, but I'm annoyed that after the lengthy delay they weren't able to deliver 1080p and 60fps. The gameplay must be incredibly ambitious to warrant the shortfall, so I'm eager to see the reviews!

Unfortunately, the reviews will probably be quite biased as most reviewers are paid or don't want to give honest scores as it may hurt their chances at receiving an advanced copy of the next Ubisoft release.

I still plan on getting this game next week. I won't be able to play it until the weekend, but I do promise to share my thoughts with everyone here.

In regards to frame rate, give these developers time. Just look at the original Uncharted game progression graphically to the second and third installments. These next-gen "launch" titles are always under par for what these systems are capable of.

The new hardware is a hell of a loot more powerful than last gen. 60 fps should be standard. If they need to cut back on poly counts or low the texture rez, so be it. It's worth it for 60 fps IMO. Like I said, games don't just look better at 60 fps, but play better too. Console gamers are use to accepting 30 fps, but they shouldn't have to anymore.

PS5 will be 90 fps.....I am just gonna wait for 2021 to get here.

60 fps is doable now, but developers need to prioritize it. Scale other things down to get the 60. It's worth it, but they're trying to get the most detail they can out of these systems and it's become too commonplace that the first thing to go is fps. Thing is, people aren't as wowed by dynamic lighting, complex shaders and super high poly counts anymore. There's a tech ceiling on that stuff and devs can only make games look so good at the moment. The one thing they can do is make the games run better.

Seriously? A 19/20, but the one word they use to describe what should be the most intergral part of the game, the story, is "blah!"?

Back