Watch Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Watch_Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Hasn't Open World games been more of a niche thing than anything, aside from certain Rockstar franchises?

Well yeah their the best at it, you got a few in there that are just okay. Just it seems to have gone away lately, only a couple games in recent memory had it. Arkham City sort of had it, just it was a tiny sandbox.

Open world is one thing, but if it is lively and real you got a masterpiece. This has both it seems. :clap

I just hope this game isn't linear in terms of how you execute your "contracts" or "hits".

So far, so good...I'm sure much more to come and within the near future (crosses fingers)

I just hope this game isn't linear in terms of how you execute your "contracts" or "hits".

So far, so good...I'm sure much more to come and within the near future (crosses fingers)

I don't know dude, they have the map hud on your right so I can't see it being limited like that. I wouldn't doubt at all you can just walk around and mess with stuff in between missions.

I don't know dude, they have the map hud on your right so I can't see it being limited like that. I wouldn't doubt at all you can just walk around and mess with stuff in between missions.

I really hope this is the case. Might be fun to just F with people's cell reception or listen in on random phone calls of the AI. Imagine screwing with traffic. Oh man this game has so much potential in terms of screwing with people.

I really hope this is the case. Might be fun to just F with people's cell reception or listen in on random phone calls of the AI. Imagine screwing with traffic. Oh man this game has so much potential in terms of screwing with people.

Messing with traffic lights will never get old.

k2ha9.jpg

I'm just as hyped to hear more about this as I am GTAV.

Side note - I'm doing my best to stay away from all AC3 info. Want this game to be a total surprise to me

Hasn't Open World games been more of a niche thing than anything, aside from certain Rockstar franchises?

Years ago yeah, but theres a butt load of open world games now. Saints Row, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Arkham City, Dragons Dogma, Kingdoms of Amalur, Borderlands, Dragon Age, Crackdown, Prototype, Infamous...well, you get the point.

I imagine it will be like "I am Alive" in terms of it's world. Slightly a sandbox game with large areas to move around in.

Seems like the whole open world concept isn't really a priority anymore. The last truly satisfying open world game I played was Just Cause 2, 22 miles across, 484 square miles and that doesn't include the height of flying either.

But I will take a amazing linear game over a half finished slightly open world I am Alive.

Thats good cause thats what you'll get. I know some folks dont like assumptions, but Last of Us has linear written all over it.

Thats good cause thats what you'll get. I know some folks dont like assumptions, but Last of Us has linear written all over it.

Yes your right. Why have a flat dead open world with lacking story and gameplay (which most are) and you get a slightly smaller world with a good story and fun gameplay?

Even though I am Alive had a crap ending, the atmosphere of a ghost city was enough to keep me playing it.

The fact their are infected people makes it all the better in the Last of Us.

But Watch Dogs seems like it will be a perfect mix of open world and plenty of things going on at once to make it more reality based. I still am in love with the rain effects in that gameplay.

Yes your right. Why have a flat dead open world with lacking story and gameplay (which most are) and you get a slightly smaller world with a good story and fun gameplay?

Even though I am Alive had a crap ending, the atmosphere of a ghost city was enough to keep me playing it.

The fact their are infected people makes it all the better in the Last of Us.

But Watch Dogs seems like it will be a perfect mix of open world and plenty of things going on at once to make it more reality based. I still am in love with the rain effects in that gameplay.

Come on bro. Dont get defensive. There's no need. ND makes visually beautiful linear games. Thats no secret. If you like that, more power to you.

This game looks almost like a next-gen open world game.

watch_dog-1587h2.gif

ibcWMIlcmLTRBe.gif

Yet it looked like the demo was running on a ps3:[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmwyW-Q960M&list=FL_D3m-GsCWrSkh9GOIRT6iA&index=1&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Well I guess it is in a way if its running on a sweet PC. That would technically be what the new systems will eventually be....eventually.

Insanity. That has to be captured from a top of the line gaming rig, no way that's on a console. Makes me want to get back into PC gaming, but I hate all the upkeep it requires...

Come on bro. Dont get defensive. There's no need. ND makes visually beautiful linear games. Thats no secret. If you like that, more power to you.

How am I becoming defensive? I'm for great linear games. :dunno

Is that definitely a PS3 controller?

My bad..must've misinterpreted.

That's cool, made me wonder what I said lol.

Is that definitely a PS3 controller?

Yeah I definitely would call it that. Has the shape and bottom triggers, and the fact that it's black reinforces that.

Back