UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind though allot of console users opt not to play with keyboard and mouse users for some reason. It may limit the games you can get into. I for one do not see nor will ever see the advantage. That has been allready proven for me with Shadowrun.

I don't think its really an advantage but for me it much easier to use a keyboard and a mouse. I can move faster and more controlled, then with the sticks. I don't like the PS3 controllers that much, give me either the 360 controller or the keyboard and mouse.

I don't think its really an advantage but for me it much easier to use a keyboard and a mouse. I can move faster and more controlled, then with the sticks. I don't like the PS3 controllers that much, give me either the 360 controller or the keyboard and mouse.

It's weird. I have grown up with game systems (back to the 2600), so I've grown up playing games with a controller of some sort.

On NYE I was at a friends' who had a LAN setup with UT running on it. He asked if I wanted to play and I said no, as I am controller kinda guy. He says he has a Sidewinder I can try. While he's trying to reconfigure the control scheme, I got imapatient and sat down to a mouse/keyboard setup.

I was surprised that it did feel good. I got a lot more sensitivity then I am used to with the controller. I am sure there were a lot of things I didn't know how to do, but had the basics down.

I could be swayed for UT3.

Last edited:
It's weird. I have grown up with game system (back to the 2600), so I've grown up playing games with a controller of some sort.

On NYE I was at a friends' who had a LAN setup with UT running on it. He asked if I wanted to play and I said no, as I am controller kinda guy. He says he has a Sidewinder I can try. While he's trying to reconfigure the control scheme, I got imapatient and sat down to a mouse/keyboard setup.

I was surprised that it did feel good. I got a lot more sensitivity then I am used to with the controller. I am sure there were a lot of things I didn't know how to do, but had the basics down.

I could be swayed for UT3.

I like controllers for most things, but the layout of the PS controller makes it hard to really use the sticks for me. Its hard to move up to the buttons for me. The 360 controller seems to flow easier.

I just found this website called PS3 themes, pretty friggin awesome site. It's for customizing your themes and XMB on your PS3, and it's all free. Here's a link to the site, and a cool UT3 theme. PS3 themes

Has anyone got the mod to work? Every time I try to load it it says no data found. I have tried 3 different copies of the files and more then one way of getting it to the PS3.

Has anyone got the mod to work? Every time I try to load it it says no data found. I have tried 3 different copies of the files and more then one way of getting it to the PS3.

Yep I had it working. Didn't have a problem.

i think you need to have the whole path correct so it will find it.

Yeah I just found that. People need to learn how to write instructions. When you say unzip a file to the root, that mean the file goes to the root, not keep the whole directory path they had in the zip.

Well once again I almost succumbed to UTIII for the PS3. I went to Blockbuster this afternoon and was going to rent UTIII and give it a try. However, I was upset to find out Blockbuster no longer has the buy after rent option so I decided against renting it. Some outside force just doesn't want me to get this game for the PS3 which is kind of odd since UT3 was one of the reasons I actually bought the PS3. :rolleyes:

But don't fret my friends, all was not lost. There is a liquor store beside this Blockbuster so I bought a 1.33 gallon mini keg of Heineken. Now I'm not really a Heineken fan but it was on sale and it was convenient for all evening football viewing. :lol :duff

Back