Star Wars: The Canon Reloaded

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which truth will you cling to?

• Willing to fully embrace the new canon

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Sticking with the old Expanded Universe

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Going to wait and see

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Pick and choose from new canon and old EU

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Movies only

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Movies and TV shows only

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Original trilogy and sequel trilogy only

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Original trilogy, sequel trilogy and TV series only

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
The latest issue of Marvel Star Wars has the earliest canonical appearance of airspeeders (known as snowspeeders when adapted to Hoth conditions).

With Han at the controls and Leia on the gun...

MJqM36j.jpg

Last edited:
"You could burn its sand to glass." Palpatine is invoking Anakin's dislike of sand. :lol I hope the writer meant to do that as a tongue-in-cheek wink at the reader.

As far as this topic goes, I've never really considered non-movie stories as canon. Whether it's comics, cartoons, or novels - the stories never seemed "official" to me, regardless of whether I've enjoyed them or not. But they're nice to have, especially when they deal with stuff that bridges gaps left unaddressed by the movies.

The problem is that some of the non-movie stuff is so excessive that it can get contradictory. These stories can be more enjoyable for me sometimes when they don't "count." Helps keep actual canon less messy.

"You could burn its sand to glass." Palpatine is invoking Anakin's dislike of sand. :lol I hope the writer meant to do that as a tongue-in-cheek wink at the reader.

Ha, I totally missed that! :lol

The problem is that some of the non-movie stuff is so excessive that it can get contradictory. These stories can be more enjoyable for me sometimes when they don't "count." Helps keep actual canon less messy.

The EU reboot, and having the dedicated Lucasfilm Story Group, should keep everything consistent going forward. But yes, the comics aren't for everyone, and can be easily ignored. They tend to overexplain stuff even worse than the new films!

I don't know, kind of reminds me of the "Otisburg" exchange in Superman: The Movie.

Classic! :lol

[I]"You could burn its sand to glass."[/I] Palpatine is invoking Anakin's dislike of sand. :lol I hope the writer meant to do that as a tongue-in-cheek wink at the reader.

As far as this topic goes, I've never really considered non-movie stories as canon. Whether it's comics, cartoons, or novels - the stories never seemed "official" to me, regardless of whether I've enjoyed them or not. But they're nice to have, especially when they deal with stuff that bridges gaps left unaddressed by the movies.

It gets everywhere.

The latest thing the Star Wars comics feel the need to explain is why the Millennium Falcon was in such bad shape at the start of ESB. It never actually occurred to me there had to be a reason, I just thought it was a "hunk of junk"...

Han-Vader-4.jpg

Of course the unaltered OT is by far and away the only "true" SW; I thoroughly enjoyed what they did with Rogue One (although one could argue most of the story was already written). The Clone Wars and Rebels ended up being quite good as well. And while only Ford can be Han Solo, I did enjoy the Solo movie.

So I guess that puts me in the pick and choose category.

Dunno , seems to me alot of SW fans need detailed explanations of things....

Many cannot seem to make the small leaps needed to explain the simple things in the ST....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Dunno , seems to me alot of SW fans need detailed explanations of things....

Many cannot seem to make the small leaps needed to explain the simple things in the ST....

Either that or the Lucasfilm Story Group feels the need to explain/connect every little thing!

I will admit this latest Vader back story is pretty cool though.

Back