Star Wars May the 4th Sales & Deals!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great deal but how much was shipping? Every time thy have a sale or I have some sort of promo code I get to checkout and shipping is like $40 and I'm in VA!

I stopped looking at Midtown Comic's sales when I realized how much they overcharge for shipping to make up for the discounts.

I'm having a hard time navigating Sideshow. Any chance the May 4th code for 20% off is good for Hot Toys New Hope Luke ? thanks in advance.

That Midtown comics "sale" is ridiculous. lol I probably would have gone for Kylo and Luke but for $40+ for shipping? No thanks.

I thought maybe they would combine items for more of a reasonable price, but nope! Full price for everything.:slap

I was disappointed in Sideshow's options. They give that $25 code ALL THE TIME. And with shipping costs higher and higher, all that code does is pay for shipping, doesn't even take a dent out of the actual price. Also, it's way too restrictive.

That Midtown comics "sale" is ridiculous. lol I probably would have gone for Kylo and Luke but for $40+ for shipping? No thanks.

I thought maybe they would combine items for more of a reasonable price, but nope! Full price for everything.:slap

Yeah, I took a peek and quickly left the page. Shipping is killing it lately.

Yeah, true. But they could have offered free shipping and the code for one day. Would not have bankrupted them.
Wow I didn't know you were their accountant.

Sometimes i can only imagine the amazing business people here could run with all the business knowledge they appear to have and how they know how to run businesses better.

The $25 off code is good.

Thank you TRDNiteLife. Just order Luke for $25 bucks off. BTW, anyone hiding in a closet, Hot Toys is doing 1/6 Scale Yoda and a 1/4 scale Kylo Ren. They really should be doing core characters from the OT first. Kylo is kinda weak.

May the fourth was more than a letdown in stores. Went everywhere yesterday. Lousy deals and stock on figures.

I guess it was more geared toward online deals, because most of my stores like TRUs, Target, Walmart, Walgreens, Disney had crap. Barely anything had bargains :pfft:

I forgot, no criticism of SSC allowed. My mistake.

No my issue is when people seem to know what a business can or should do. Some times you would think everyone on this site has MBA or is a CEO since they all know so much about how businesses should be run.

Wow I didn't know you were their accountant.

Sometimes i can only imagine the amazing business people here could run with all the business knowledge they appear to have and how they know how to run businesses better.

Your sarcasm was rude. You should apologize. As costumers, we have the right to complain about prices and discounts. If you're satisfied with SS's policies, good for you. But there are people who aren't. So be comprehensive.

But they could have offered free shipping and the code for one day.

They could have offered the figures for free. They could offer no discounts at all. You can shop wherever you'd like.

Would not have bankrupted them.

Is it going to bankrupt you?

I forgot, no criticism of SSC allowed. My mistake.

I'm pretty sure his comments have absolutely nothing to do with SSC and everything to do with the entitlement and ridiculous whining taking place here - this isn't specific to your posts.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mfoga again.

Last edited:
No my issue is when people seem to know what a business can or should do. Some times you would think everyone on this site has MBA or is a CEO since they all know so much about how businesses should be run.

Well, I do have a business degree and co-owner of a business. But I get your point. My only point is from a marketing perspective based on 1 special day, don't offer the same code you offer every day. Every time I log on in the evening I get a "Your just snagged a $25 code." So it's loses it's exclusivity for May the 4th.

Free shipping and the 25 code would have gotten me to bite on at least one figure. But as it is, I can pass. I'm sure other people would be the same way, but it's their call, I'm not upset about it. A missed opportunity though.

They could have offered the figures for free. They could offer no discounts at all. You can shop wherever you'd like.

Is it going to bankrupt you?

I'm pretty sure his comments have absolutely nothing to do with SSC and everything to do with the entitlement and ridiculous whining taking place here - this isn't specific to your posts.

Do you work for Sideshow? No need to be pompous and act as SSC's spokesperson.

Back