Star Wars: The Canon Reloaded

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which truth will you cling to?

• Willing to fully embrace the new canon

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Sticking with the old Expanded Universe

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Going to wait and see

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Pick and choose from new canon and old EU

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Movies only

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Movies and TV shows only

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Original trilogy and sequel trilogy only

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Original trilogy, sequel trilogy and TV series only

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
I've never read any of the EU books or comics and just watched a couple of the Clone Wars episodes, so I don't really care about any of that stuff.
Movies only for me.

Well, under the new canon Luke and Vader's first confrontation wasn't on Cloud City. It was on Cymoon-1 on the Rebels' very first mission after the Battle of Yavin!

star-wars-2-page-2.jpg

And according to new cannon, Vader talks.....weird..... At least he didn't break out with his now infamous, 'NNNNOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!'

"I've killed very many fathers. You'll have to be more specific."

No one talks like that. Even in PT.

"I've killed very many fathers. You'll have to be more specific."

No one talks like that. Even in PT.

Yup. Good move throwing out the EU to make this ****. I voted "wait and see" but then I remembered Kyle Katarn is too cool to ever disregard. So I guess pick and choose would have been my better option although I highly doubt at this point if the Sequel Trilogy will be able to coincide with most of the post-RotJ EU and I love me some post-RotJ EU. I will choose whichever is the better canon. Hence my first instinct for "wait and see."

i am pretty chill when it comes to canon... but Vader encountering Luke before ESB is wrong on so many levels. it is amateur story telling. it is gratuitous. the "old Marvel" spent almost 3 years telling stories of Vader's search for the rebel pilot... i remember tremendous pay off within the issue Vader simply learned his name...

i hope this isn't indicative as to where the franchise is heading... i was so optimistic... Marvel... Hot Toys... so much potential yet so at rest with the laurels.

Not only is Cloud City no longer the first confrontation between Luke and Vader, but ESB is no longer the first time Vader hired Fett. In Darth Vader #1 he engages Fett to find the pilot who destroyed the Death Star (with a Wookiee sidekick, no less...)

NcjHhHF.jpg

Maybe it's Snoova, the exiled Wookie bounty hunter who had Mad Claw and killed wookies and maybe even helped get some taken as slaves if I'm remembering correctly? Don't think he'd have any qualms working with Fett. Oh wait, he doesn't exist anymore because Marvel needed to rip him off in the rebooted canon...

Yeah, Snoova was the first one I thought of but he's actually Black Krrsantan.

And yes, I've been wondering about the canon status of Shadows of the Empire, given it was a "multi-media event" sanctioned by Lucasfilm. But I guess it's gone the way of the rest of the EU.

It was a big deal! Novel, junior novelization, comic, video game, action figures, Applause statues, a soundtrack, and even some commercials! It was never one of my favorite EU stories truth be told but the nostalgia with the purple packaging on the toys makes me quite fond of it and I used the Dash Rendar figures as a proxy for Kyle Katarn.

As you might have heard, Marvel and Del Rey are about to start exploring the time between Episodes VI and VII with a 20-book series. And in the spirit of Heir to the Empire and Dark Empire, the first comic is called Shattered Empire.

SecretSWCvr_Noto1.jpg

Ironically, in a "related article" from 2012 on starwars.com, the Keeper of the Holocron (Expanded Universe database) Leland Chee writes: "In the end, my ongoing vision is that as long as there’s the Holocron, Star Wars will not reboot."

Okay, we've seen Luke's first encounter with Vader, now here's his first face-off with Fett (in Obi-Wan's hut on Tatooine, no less)!

Fett blinds him with a flash grenade, but Luke can still pull the same saber trick he'll later pull in ROTJ...

KlyCk3V.jpg

Maybe it's Snoova, the exiled Wookie bounty hunter who had Mad Claw and killed wookies and maybe even helped get some taken as slaves if I'm remembering correctly? Don't think he'd have any qualms working with Fett. Oh wait, he doesn't exist anymore because Marvel needed to rip him off in the rebooted canon...

Snoova was Chewie is disguise during shadows of the empire... trust me this XMAS and later Disney bs they'll be a riot.

Snoova was Chewie is disguise during shadows of the empire... trust me this XMAS and later Disney bs they'll be a riot.

You are partially correct. Chewie did disguise himself as Snoova, but Snoova is a real bounty hunter within the Star War Legends canon. The closer we come to the release date of this new movie, the more and more likely I think I'll just stick with the old EU.

Back